Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 19th, 2022, 12:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Good Pig's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
True. There's a few difference though. It's used instead of attacking and it only works on small or medium figures. I could lower the bonus by 1 though and still get the theme across.
A better comparison point is probably Sudema. My brain is too scrambled right now to analyze the pros and cons of value in how he compares to her overall.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 19th, 2022, 06:30 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I agree with caps that Sudema is the easiest and best comparison for Silver Shroud. Their powers are nearly identical, with Shroud's being longer ranged, better vs. squads and (slightly) worse vs. heroes. His stats are better than hers across the board, so between that and having a better overall power, I'd say he should at least cost more than Sudema's (Delta) point cost of 115.

As for the Righteous Justice power, as someone who doesn't know much about Fallout, I'm not really clear on the theme. I assume he shoots a gun, despite the mini not having one, but I'm not sure why sometimes his shooting is a normal attack and other times it's Righteous Justice. (There's also a typo in "attacking.")

I really like card layout, though. I'm a hex-shaped guy myself, but your square cards look very clean, aside from the missing hitzone silhouettes. Nice work.

Old October 20th, 2022, 03:30 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, thanks for looking over the design. My intention was not to create a near identical unit to Brandis Skyhunter or Sudema. My Heroscape design mojo is off a bit having been away from the game for so long. I forgot about some of these existing designs since I don't have them or have never used them.

The main theme I wanted to capture with The Silver Shroud was that of a noir, campy hero (think The Shadow) that in practice is more like an assassin. I was going for a hero around 100 points, +/-40. Being in the moral grey area, I think Vydar is a good spot for him. Love the idea of a single power hero or two simplish powers. So I guess I need to do some more thinking so he doesn't end up being a design retread. I'm all for recycling existing powers, especially in combinations that seems novel, but I like to do so intentionally.

@Sherman Davies believe it or not that line from the movie Babe was where my Heroscapers name came from. A friend of mine growing up would always quote that line. So it was kind of an inside joke with us.
Old October 20th, 2022, 06:07 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Cool, it's a great movie, although I haven't seen it in ages. I also have to say I kinda miss your old avatar, even though your new one is good too. Looks somewhat familiar; is it from the video game Shining Force or another game like it?
Old October 21st, 2022, 12:43 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Cool, it's a great movie, although I haven't seen it in ages. I also have to say I kinda miss your old avatar, even though your new one is good too. Looks somewhat familiar; is it from the video game Shining Force or another game like it?
The new avatar is Ganon in boar form. He's the main bad guy in Zelda A Link to The Past on Super Nintendo. It's one of my all time favorite video games. I thought a refresh was due. Probably my third or fourth avatar I've had on Heroscapers. It's funny I don't even remember what I had before the Darth Vader Pig.
Old October 27th, 2022, 03:14 PM

New write-up for Silver Shroud. I think his points and the d20 result needed could both be tweaked as needed. Could even drop his attack to 2 if needed. I think both powers could work well in tandem and fit him thematically. Attacking everything within a range of 4 could be pretty broken in theory, but will need to see how dangerous it is in practice. To counter him an opponent could just engage him with something that can survive an attack.

The Silver Shroud

Human
Unique Hero
Merciless
Vigilante
Medium 4

Life 4
Move 6
Range 4
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points 80

Righteous Justice
When attacking an opponent's figure who follows Utgar; The Silver Shroud receives 1 additional attack die.

Indiscriminate Fire
After moving and before attacking with The Silver Shroud, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-16, he may attack normally. If you roll a 17 or higher, instead of attacking normally, he must attack each figure within 4 clear sight spaces, if possible. Roll each attack separately.
Old October 28th, 2022, 12:38 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm not familiar with this character. There's an interesting tension, thematically, between Righteous Justice and Indiscriminate Fire. I assume that same tension is in the subject material. Neat design!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; October 28th, 2022 at 12:38 PM. Reason: I think you want a period, not a semi-colon, in the first power
Old November 3rd, 2022, 02:14 PM

I had come up with the ideas for this design in another thread while imaging what a Deathwalker 10,000 might look like. As I'm catching up on some of the C3V designs I realize there's some mechanical overlap with the first ability with a squad they developed

The points is a big guess at this point. Having the ability to block wounds from regular attacks along with 10 defense may also be totally broken.

The miniature used is a 3.5" Funko Pop Fallout Sentry Bot. He looks great along side the other Deathwalkers. No painting required.

Old November 3rd, 2022, 06:52 PM

Re: Good Pig's Cabinet of Curiosities

With no limit on markers and the ability to gain a marker every time it takes a turn, in addition to the 10 Defense, Redundant Systems might be OP.
Old November 3rd, 2022, 06:54 PM

Added Taro card template to the OP for Marvel and DC cards. There's a link to the full album.
Old November 3rd, 2022, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
With no limit on markers and the ability to gain a marker every time it takes a turn, in addition to the 10 Defense, Redundant Systems might be OP.
That's a good point. I meant to include a limit of 1 Backup marker in the ability text. Also, it's not stated on the card but there would be a total of 3 Backup markers included with the Hero.

If this is still OP, I was thinking the maximum wound cancellation could be set to 1.
Old November 3rd, 2022, 07:32 PM

Updated version where I set the maximum limit to 1 Backup marker. I needed to free up space for text so I ditched the leaving engagement bit for Redundant Systems.

Also, I switched the order of his second and third power to make them display in sequence of how they would be used in a turn.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards