Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old October 16th, 2022, 01:55 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Tournament Map Feedback Thread

@vegietarian18 , you rock for so consistently giving feedback on maps.
Old October 16th, 2022, 02:56 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm looking for feedback on a few maps, though I know most folks haven't played them yet:

Kingfisher (the middle glyph is just barely peeking out from behind the glacier on this map)
Spoiler Alert!

Thaw
Spoiler Alert!

and
Cage Match Redux
Spoiler Alert!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 16th, 2022, 03:51 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Stechavan
For the most part, I actually like this map quite a bit. There weren't any blaring issues that I noted while I played other than the glyph position felt bad on lvl2 where a 7 range unit can pop off at the startzone from height. I think the glyphs could just be moved down to the edges on lvl1 and be fine.

Grendel
Abusing this maps "feature" in front of the startzone is what gave me a huge positional advantage in my Championship game yesterday against Vegie's Dad. the 4 hexes of swamp were a massive issue for melee advancing on me where I was able to use range to pull them out from the center height and force them to engage on low ground in the swamp or go around to the edges. Vegie's Dad opted for engagements on the edges which made it tough to reinforce and route my position.

Stoker
At first glance I really liked this map...but playing on it had 1 Major issue...the choppy center. You don't realize it at first, but the center is quite difficult to maneuver around if you've got kiting range shooting at melee. In one of my games I was able to avoid EVERY SINGLE engagement from my opponents melee army on this map (until the very end when he had 1 figure left) by positioning myself at max range and forcing him to take low ground or attempting to use the road. It should be noted that I was using a 2-hex figure against his 2-hex figure(s)...which I think made it significantly worse for the melee figure. 1-hex figures might be fine...but it was a nightmare for him to never get an attack off. I think the way to fix it is to find a way (looking at the map from the startzone) to drop the lvl3 road on the right down to lvl 2 and to raise up the 2 lvl1 road hexes up to lvl2 right in front of the 7-hex lava. that allows for development from the 7-hex lava not to hit a speedbump AND for melee in the center to engage and traverse the map without so many elevation changes.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 16th, 2022, 05:02 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nothing to see here...

Last edited by Shurrig; October 16th, 2022 at 05:19 PM.
Old October 16th, 2022, 05:18 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I also played on Stechevan, which I gave unplaytested feedback on earlier. Some of that feedback was incorporated and the lava is better now. But I still feel like the way the lava is set up it's more avoided than it is a meaningful decision piece. Too dangerous to take lava with little reward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Stechavan
For the most part, I actually like this map quite a bit. There weren't any blaring issues that I noted while I played other than the glyph position felt bad on lvl2 where a 7 range unit can pop off at the startzone from height. I think the glyphs could just be moved down to the edges on lvl1 and be fine.
Thanks for the feedback y'all! I'm glad to hear it got some play and I definitely want to work on making some of the lava more worthwhile to grab. It makes for fast games and I like how most of it plays with road, but that level 3 lava kinda felt like a compromise with the terrain restrictions.
Old October 17th, 2022, 08:30 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you for the reports, @Sir Heroscape . The more feedback on maps, the better. I will consider what changes might make sense for those maps.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 06:40 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Looking for some feedback on my maps used at “Do The Krug” by those that got to play on them.

Aftermath @Evantage @KingoDingo @vegietarian18

Slated @briaka

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 24th, 2022, 06:06 PM

DVondo knows what's in an order marker DVondo knows what's in an order marker

Aftermath was really fun! Might've been my favorite map of the day. I don't know much of the in-depth criteria that go into mapmaking, but it felt very balanced to play on despite having largely different army playstyles, gave good multiple good options of approach while still creating a strong central battlefield, had glyph placement that created good opportunities for decision making, and allowed for both strong ranged and melee play. My two WoA squads felt very at home there when setting up in the canyon/road, but were far from unstoppable (yet still powerful and feeling good) due to the raised road nearby. I loved the map, and it's definitely one I plan on replaying if I can get my hands on a RttFF set.
Old October 24th, 2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingoDingo View Post
Aftermath was really fun! Might've been my favorite map of the day. I don't know much of the in-depth criteria that go into mapmaking, but it felt very balanced to play on despite having largely different army playstyles, gave good multiple good options of approach while still creating a strong central battlefield, had glyph placement that created good opportunities for decision making, and allowed for both strong ranged and melee play. My two WoA squads felt very at home there when setting up in the canyon/road, but were far from unstoppable (yet still powerful and feeling good) due to the raised road nearby. I loved the map, and it's definitely one I plan on replaying if I can get my hands on a RttFF set.
Thanks for the feedback! really appreciate it.

Also, are you still in Belleville (quick 2.5hr drive from where we hold the Peoria Monthly tourneys)? if so, would be great to see you come out to Peoria for our events each month! Next one is on the 12th of November

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 25th, 2022, 10:54 AM

DVondo knows what's in an order marker DVondo knows what's in an order marker

Yeah! I'm gonna continue to do my best to make it to one. It's hard for me to come on weekends without some pretty early notice due to my job, but soon-ish I should have some Saturdays off.
Old October 27th, 2022, 02:17 AM

Babylon by @Sheep

Played on this during the Omaha tourney a couple weeks back. Very quick game, I got ganked by a turn 1 snipe from Zeta that kinda nerfed my army. That was my own fault, after that though, there was still a chance to come back except the podding location to the right of the SZ is pretty friggin strong. Within a couple turns, you can lock down that Grass 7-hex to the right and even the lvl3 road a little further NE. Getting figures to hold those points and then range or cheerleaders to stand behind is really quite strong and at no disadvantage to the player. Going left takes too much time to get to a good spot, a little less advantageous and open...whereas the right can get locked up pretty quick with a few well places "blockers" to hold that position. I'm not going to say it's broken (only had one game on it) but it was a prominent flag during my game that probably outta get looked at. Removing the single-corner castle wall may do enough to open it up...not sure...but that might help.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 30th, 2022, 04:03 PM

RollinWithOlan is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
@vegietarian18 , you rock for so consistently giving feedback on maps.
I got to play on Song of the Walrus at our Utah Monthly yesterday. It’s only my second tourney ever, so I’m not sure how confident I feel in giving feedback haha. I definitely enjoyed playing on it! I feel like there was a lot of height around the start zones with the swamp water and such. I was running Death Chasers so that definitely helped me develop through and over that initial height, as well as reach the glyphs quickly. This became super helpful so that I could reach my opponents start zone with the +2 move glyph and lock down some of my opponent’s key units like Nilfheim. It definitely made me stop and think about placement because there was so much height to consider. It was a wandering monster format and Rogir and Grogirg (probably butchered the names) became a key unit to consider both placing OMs on, and being weary of. Don’t know how much of this made sense/was helpful, but I loved it! Thanks for creating maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios