Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 13th, 2017, 01:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Gorgon (Gorgon Petragon)

Tests from Ronin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Gorgon @280 points

Army Test
Map: Grundy's Grave
Units: Gorgon, Iron Patriot, Angel (Warren), Zombie, Skrull Infiltrator x2 (800) vs Wrecking Crew (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Gorgon, Ms. Marvel, A-Bomb (1000) vs Original X-Men (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Nice SA, but I'm not convinced he's quite worth 280. I could see him dropping down 10-20 points. He had a good showing in the second game, though, so I may be proved wrong on that.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Don't know that much about Gorgon beyond the basics, but he seems well-represented here. Cool SA.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 02:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Here are Lazy's tests. He is looking pretty good at 270 to me. I wasn't really locked in to 280 after my tests and had my own questions about it being a bit high. Now both Ronin & Lazy felt he was a bit too high at 280 as well, but liked how he played just fine. I had Lazy run her second test a 270 and Gorgon performed very, very well in that one and they still came up short. With the Inhuman synergy coming down the pipeline I would not be comfortable at anything lower than 270 though. So unless someone has an objection I'm going to propose him for Final Editing at 270 in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
- Theme Test - Inconclusive, seeing as I don’t know the character, but though nothing really felt wrong, apart from the fact that Marvel named this character Gorgon for seemingly no damn reason - he relates to the mythological Gorgon in no way at all, not even related to Medusa.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass
- No synergies yet, though that'll change once the Inhumans get fleshed out. Interesting to see a Guard I must say - they were a major class in Classic that surprisingly never made the jump to Super - part of me would like to see a class like that explored.
- Synergies Test - Pass - See above

- Power Check - Pass
- Fun Test - Pass -
He certainly is fun. First game he felt good, though honestly a tad generic - a cool unit and fun to play, but nothing to get worked up about. Pair him with Angel, though, and he's a bloody star!
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass

- Drafting Test - Pass - Most of the time, I can imagine him getting missed among the other units in his price range - guys who heal or fly, or have synergies - but since he's going to end up with Inhuman synergy anyway, that isn't really a problem. Even without those synergies, it's possible I'd want to wheel him out every now and then.
- Usage Test - Pass - Seismic Stomp isn't a go to, but it's fun and has its uses - I didn't at all regret two of the three times I used it.
- Strategy Test - Pass - Optimising Bull Rush, especially in rugged terrain, requires a degree of strategy, and units like Angel can certainly help with that. I could even see you electing to take a leaving engagement with him in an attempt to gear up for a Bull Rush. Seismic Stomp can be helpful, too.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Gorgon (Gorgon Petragon)

Army Test 1
Map: Invasion (no glyphs)
Armies:
Baron Heinrich Zemo, Gorgon (Gorgon Petragon) (280), Deadshot, Firebrand, Radioactive Man (1,000)
vs.
Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Jean Grey, Iceman, Angel (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Star-Lord, Robot, Gorgon (Gorgon Petragon) (270), The Hood, Living Laser, Angel (1,190 points)
vs.
3x LexCorps Security, Doctor Octopus, Scorpion, Piledriver, Thunderball (1,195 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I like him, he’s fun, aggressive, potentially strategic, and should be a fun addition to whatever the Inhuman faction ends up looking like. I’d probably put him in at 270 over 280, right now, but either seems about right to me.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 02:47 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

We generally wait for at least 3 public testers. I guess he'll see more testing with the other Inhumans so maybe its not that big a deal. Either way, I agree 270 looks good.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 23rd, 2017, 03:20 PM
C3G Landlord

That is what I was thinking, initial + 2 Danger Room testers + future Inhuman synergy tests w/Black Bolt & others should be plenty. I don't really see a 3rd set of Danger Room tests will move him off 270, 280 seems to be clearly a bit too high and I wouldn't feel comfortable with him at 260.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 03:00 AM
C3G Landlord

Another set of tests from the Danger Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Gorgon

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Gorgon(270), Star-Lord(250), Captain America(240), Angel(90) (850)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Shang-Chi(230), Iron Fist(260), Tigra(170) (850)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Custom
Units:
Gorgon(275), Star-Lord(250), Captain America(240), Angel(90) (855)
vs.
Professor X(220), Cable(275), Phoenix(230), Quentin Quire (855)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Gorgon is a serious power hitter. As-is, it's pretty easy for him to be dealing out attacks of 8-10 with the right support. Angel for ensuring he is not engaged, and Cap/Star-Lord etc. for higher attack/defense. He's a force to be reckoned with, and he has high life, attack, and defense. I'd say 270 feels a tad low. I have not seen the other results he has had, but from my 2 games I'd say 290 isn't unreasonable. I played him at 270 and 275, and his team felt pretty darn good, with him doing most of the work. I'd imagine within his own synergy he'll have some interesting options, so a point bump may not be bad.
Looks like he had a pretty strong run here for Arkham. Still feeling 270 personally as I feel these were the outlier in the data set, but I'll keep an eye on things when we test him with Black Bolt.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 01:11 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Hmm, he looked pretty strong in those games. Personally, I'd rather we shoot higher (280-290), and then adjust down if needed after the faction testing.

Old April 2nd, 2017, 03:40 PM
C3G Landlord

IDK, I'd rather not over react to one set of tests that feature the same exact army and wasn't attempted to be countered at all in the second one. If you were going to face that powerful army combo (featuring two different +1 att/def boosters) a second time in a row, and you wanted to use Prof. X is a smaller point build, Blob should have been the first mutant you grabbed to go along with Prof. X as he would shut Gorgon down real quick. Second option would be Magneto II as he can easily dish out auto wounds to those double +1 def. boosted units and move Angel or Gordon out of the free move aura, again shutting down the repeating charges. Even Jean Grey would be a good option as she can both toss Angle/Gorgon out of the Angle aura and hold either one in place to prevent them from moving. Even without any of those mutants in play, I don't really know how you get Prof. X killed on T2 of R2 of the game. That certainly limited his impact on the game to a major degree and he is the key to your whole army build. Had that game gone on with Prof. X surviving 4+ rounds and the Gordon team still dominated with 12+ turns of double mutant activation's, then yeah I'd be hitting the breaks a bit on the design too.

*edit* Doesn't QQ kind of screw over your Prof. X build too? He either can't be bonded with or takes a turn and your are stuck attacking with Prof. X.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 06:59 PM

I agree that the games aren't any thing to panic about, but I guess I just don't see a 10-20 point bump on an expensive unit as a very big deal, especially keeping in mind that he'll see more testing with the faction.

I won't fight moving forward with 270, but I generally feel it's better to play things on the safe side, that's all.

Old April 6th, 2017, 09:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Should I propose him for Final Editing and get the jump on wrapping him up? I don't foresee any changes other than perhaps a point change once he is tested with Black Bolt and that is easy enough to change before release. I already posted in the Danger Room that I think we are good to go with him for now and testers should focus on other designs but do we need to do anything else to pull him from there?
Old April 7th, 2017, 01:36 PM

Yeah, might as well send him to Final Editing. Pre-Yea from me.

Old April 7th, 2017, 02:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright then, I propose we move Gorgon into Final Editing at 270 points.

YK - yea
Viegon - yea
TrollBrute - yea
johnny139 - yea
japes - yea
Tornado - yea

Last edited by Yodaking; April 10th, 2017 at 04:08 AM.
Old April 7th, 2017, 03:05 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

YEA

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library