Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 27th, 2022, 12:00 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Thanks for providing the pictures Chill!

I think that those being larger than their OG counterparts help quite a bit. Them being available proxies for all Wyrmlings is pretty great.
Old November 27th, 2022, 12:57 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
Hello good people!

I do quite like the Hobby Lobby dragons as they are quite cheap! They are indeed a bit more rubbery than heroscape figures. They're about the same as Quahon, so not egregiously so in my view.

I thought the color might be the bigger issue. The green is not a great match for Charos green, and it's solid green except for the eyes. More than good enough for me but maybe not for VC?

The mini in question with Charos:

My wyrmling proxies with paint touch ups:

Size comparisons (from someone else on Facebook; I don't have the official wyrmling minis) :

Looks like maybe 10-20% bigger than the official sculpts?
Yeah, that looks great to me. Must have been different line than the pack that I got, cause I bought a pack of dragons that were significantly smaller than scape wyrmlings
Old December 7th, 2022, 04:20 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So, before this gets too far dead and THESE minis also disappear on us. What kind of thoughts are there on the version of Wyrmling to tinker, test, and nominate?

(Counterstrike on only small/medium figs)
(Counterstrike on only common figures)
(1 wound counterstrike in a better way than how we nominated it before. An unlockable hit die was deemed too fiddly because of 1 additional due roll [RIP Nakita agents])

Are there any more objections to the miniature source now that we have God pictures?
Old February 1st, 2023, 03:03 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been thinking a green wyrmling with a poisonous chlorine cloud/cone breath weapon would be quite nice. A wyrmling with a AOE ability sets it apart from its contemporaries. Maybe something like:

Fledgling Poison Cloud Special Attack
Range 3 Attack 2
Choose a figure to attack. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Fledgling Poison Cloud Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with Fledgling Poison Cloud Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die once for each figure that received 1 or more wounds from Fledgling Poison Cloud Special Attack. If you roll a 16 or higher, the figure receives 1 additional wound.

That's a spitball, for sure. I would also give the green wyrmling wimpy stats - aren't D&D green wyrmlings wimpier than the other dragons? - maybe 5 move, 2 attack, 2 defense.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 1st, 2023, 07:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Does it have to be a D&D dragon?
Other worlds have dragons.
Old February 1st, 2023, 10:16 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
I've been thinking a green wyrmling with a poisonous chlorine cloud/cone breath weapon would be quite nice. A wyrmling with a AOE ability sets it apart from its contemporaries. Maybe something like:

Fledgling Poison Cloud Special Attack
Range 3 Attack 2
Choose a figure to attack. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Fledgling Poison Cloud Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with Fledgling Poison Cloud Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die once for each figure that received 1 or more wounds from Fledgling Poison Cloud Special Attack. If you roll a 16 or higher, the figure receives 1 additional wound.

That's a spitball, for sure. I would also give the green wyrmling wimpy stats - aren't D&D green wyrmlings wimpier than the other dragons? - maybe 5 move, 2 attack, 2 defense.
Green dragons are in the middle of the chromatic dragons. From strongest to weakest: Red, Blue, Green, Black, White.

Old February 1st, 2023, 10:39 PM

I don't think most of the people in this thread are interested in a poison breath green wyrmling from dnd. Following the 10 years of history, everyone involved seems to really want a mini-charos. Looks like a fun poison cloud special attack though.

The idea was that we wanted an Icarian dragon.

Seeing the above picture... it looks like that's a feasible sculpt. Do we want to get some consensus on a revised draft to work on and submit?
Old February 2nd, 2023, 09:28 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would rather see neither a mini Charos nor a D&D dragon.
Create something unique.
Old February 2nd, 2023, 12:55 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's some of my takes. Take them or leave them. I hope they are contributory to the purpose of this thread.

I think I thought similarly to most of this thread last time I was active on this site (a couple years ago I think) re: Green Wyrmling should be mini-Charos, and it was an integral part of the Heroscape cannon that fanscape should fill. After reading through most of this thread, I have been sufficiently persuaded by Scytale's protestations. I don't know too much about D&D (played maybe 5 or 6 sessions about 10 years ago), but I do think that good D&D heroscape designs elegantly adapt D&D mechanics to a Heroscape card. The d&d master-set is a great example of this (particularly I like the design of Darrak). A custom example that I really enjoy is Scytale's Gnoll Raiders.

Anyway, I also understand that the wyrmlings are a sufficient departure from that kind of design, because they reflect mini versions of the Icarian dragons. So what to do?

Personally, I think a d&d poison breath Green Wyrmling would be a better aesthetic fit with the current cast of wyrmlings than an Icarian counterstrike one. However, I certainly think an Icarian counterstrike wyrmling is possible. One idea I'd like to put out there, which will probably both smooth and roughen things up on the path to VC acceptance, would be to significantly differentiate the Icarian Green Wyrmling from the Eberron ones. I liked the previous idea on this thread of removing the Wyrmling Bonding power from the card, but keeping the class of Wyrmling. Maybe even change the name of the unit from Green Wyrmling to Baby Green Dragon, or Brood of Charos, or something.

I think there's probably room for more than one addition to the current batch of wyrmlings.

Hope this is well-received, hoping to inject some life into this effort rather than ruffle feathers

Old February 2nd, 2023, 01:11 PM

Also, as far as miniatures go, have you considered the D&D Emerald Dragon Wyrmling? I can't imagine an emerald dragon is that iconic in D&D that it couldn't be passed off as an Icarian Dragon, and it has horns in the same position as Charos (tho Charos has ram horns while it has straight horns). But it is 8 bucks for a hunk of translucent green plastic, so probably not a great option.

Edit: or this guy: https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ddwbw-30.html
Although it's got an old-school, iconic d&d green dragon look to it. Which edition had the spiked nose? Was that 4e?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards