Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 14th, 2022, 02:57 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Are the Dryans from Feylund?
Old November 14th, 2022, 03:00 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
3. I'm still wondering how, as Craig had said during the Con presentation, these will interact with the older Elf Wizards. I think the Pod ones gain strength from Elf Wizards, not just "Wizards," which these are.
Chana can heal Elf Wizards.

Quote:
4. Xenethrax: Does a second target need to be adjacent to the dragon as well, or the First Target. Etc. up to the fourth target. I'd assume it works like a chain, as do many other Dragon powers, but its not clear in the way its written.
Each attack is a new instance of the power, so each is based on the prior attack's target. The wording is based on Sharwin's Arcane Bolt Special Attack.
Old November 14th, 2022, 03:21 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Interesting:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/14/stoc...-and-more.html

“ – The toy maker’s stock slid 5.2% in the premarket following a double-downgrade to “underperform” from “buy” at Bank of America. The move comes after BofA conducted what it calls a “deep dive” on Hasbro’s “Magic: The Gathering” trading card game business. BofA said Hasbro has been overprinting cards and destroying the long-term value of the business”
That's exactly the kind of thing that destroyed the baseball card market back in the 90s and only one company made it out 'alive.' They all were overprinting so much that, to this day, you can still get 1987 wax boxes for cheaper than when they were on the shelf back then.

Fast forward to today and it looks like history is going to repeat itself. Sports cards have made a huge comeback and was supercharged by the pandemic. Print runs of cards have been increasing with each set now that its popular again. And the Big Daddy, Topps, was recently purchased by Fanatics. All those investors are going to want their money back, with a return, fast. How will they do it? Print, print, print... collapse.
Similar but different, When Phantom Menace came out, I was in the checkout line of a store and the guy in front of me had every Star Wars action figure from the shelves. Like 20 copies of some. I don't think he understood supply, demand and scarcity.
Old November 14th, 2022, 03:30 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Scytale,

Thanks for the info. Sharwin is one of my favorites (although I still don't think Eladrin should be different from Elf), and I see the same language on her card, which I didn't expect. I think its one of the dragon's that has more specific language about "chaining" a power, maybe Quahon.
Old November 14th, 2022, 03:36 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Scytale,

Thanks for the info. Sharwin is one of my favorites (although I still don't think Eladrin should be different from Elf), and I see the same language on her card, which I didn't expect. I think its one of the dragon's that has more specific language about "chaining" a power, maybe Quahon.
Quahon's Lightning Breath is a single attack that affects multiple figures, so all targets have to be chosen before the attack and thus it's spelled out. Whereas Erupting Earth (like Arcane Bolt) is a series of attacks, each dependent on the previous. We did play around with language closer to Lightning Breath, but spelling it all out for four attacks (Lightning Breath is only three) got to be unwieldy.
Old November 14th, 2022, 03:38 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Similar but different, When Phantom Menace came out, I was in the checkout line of a store and the guy in front of me had every Star Wars action figure from the shelves. Like 20 copies of some. I don't think he understood supply, demand and scarcity.
Not to mention the "How was I able to get so many at once? This never happens to me." alarm should be blaring at that point.

-insert signature here-
Old November 14th, 2022, 04:13 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Not to mention the "How was I able to get so many at once? This never happens to me." alarm should be blaring at that point.
I remember when Toys R Us had a buy one, get one half off sale and one of our members here discovered you could return one copy of HeroScape for a full price refund. That was a real mess.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 14th, 2022, 05:24 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I remember when Toys R Us had a buy one, get one half off sale and one of our members here discovered you could return one copy of HeroScape for a full price refund. That was a real mess.
Geeze, that's worse than when they clearanced the castle sets for $6 and allowed the BOGO that was also going on, to combine with it. You wonder why they eventually went bankrupt.

-insert signature here-
Old November 14th, 2022, 05:38 PM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Geeze, that's worse than when they clearanced the castle sets for $6 and allowed the BOGO that was also going on, to combine with it. You wonder why they eventually went bankrupt.
$6 for a castle set??? Darn I wish I had been a wage-earning adult back then!
Old November 14th, 2022, 05:43 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Found a RotV for $4 at a Kmart in Florida back in 2008. It was fun popping into places and looking for scape back in the day. Never knew what you might find.
Old November 14th, 2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Darling Panzer View Post
$6 for a castle set??? Darn I wish I had been a wage-earning adult back then!
Yeah I went into the TRU that was down the street from my work almost daily back then. Got lucky when they clearanced the castles, 35 of them for $160, was crazy and also pretty much the reason the display tables from TotalCon2010 and TotalCon2011 existed. *shameless plug*

-insert signature here-
Old November 14th, 2022, 06:56 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Are the Dryans from Feylund?
I only called them fey creatures in a broader fantasy sense! I think they’re from Arboreas…

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion