Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 15th, 2022, 05:14 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Speaking of long winded, I noticed the phrase “for the entire game” on the festering parasites. My first thought was that that line was unnecessary, but then it made me wonder if there was a game mechanic we haven’t seen yet that might be the cause. Or perhaps it’s there in case the squad gets wiped out and players assume that the festering ones on character cards don’t count? That’s probably it I guess. Interesting, if you had a bunch of these on character cards at the end of a game, they wouldn’t count as casualties for VP? Just my brain pondering.
I believe that the "for the entire game" phrase is necessary to make it clear that the power is still active even if all the members of the squad have been destroyed. Typically, special powers on army cards cease to be active once all the associated figures have been destroyed unless something implicit in the power itself says otherwise. (If special powers in general continued to be in effect after the figure's death, then soldiers could still get +1 move from Marcus Decimus even after his death, and we clearly can't have that).
Yes that’s what I mentioned in my post.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 15th, 2022, 07:06 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
I've noticed that none of the prototype cars have the general names, only the logo. I hope they add the names because there's more than one power that refer to generals by their name.
I agree. When there were only five or seven generals, the color-coding was enough to distinguish between the cards with a simple glance, but with 10 or more generals that gets messier, and the general logos by themselves don't help much.
Old October 15th, 2022, 09:25 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Speaking of long winded, I noticed the phrase “for the entire game” on the festering parasites. My first thought was that that line was unnecessary, but then it made me wonder if there was a game mechanic we haven’t seen yet that might be the cause. Or perhaps it’s there in case the squad gets wiped out and players assume that the festering ones on character cards don’t count? That’s probably it I guess. Interesting, if you had a bunch of these on character cards at the end of a game, they wouldn’t count as casualties for VP? Just my brain pondering.
I believe that the "for the entire game" phrase is necessary to make it clear that the power is still active even if all the members of the squad have been destroyed. Typically, special powers on army cards cease to be active once all the associated figures have been destroyed unless something implicit in the power itself says otherwise. (If special powers in general continued to be in effect after the figure's death, then soldiers could still get +1 move from Marcus Decimus even after his death, and we clearly can't have that).
Yup, that's right. Honor Guard on enemy cards are still destroyed Honor Guard. Normally when all figures on an army card are destroyed all powers on the card cease to function*, like Soldiers losing the extra movement when Marcus dies. We wanted this particular power to continue functioning even after the last surviving Honor Guard is destroyed.

* There are some outliers that don't have special language to indicate they continue functioning after death, but those are cases where the power simply does not make sense otherwise. An example is Thanos's Rejected by Death. This is not true for the Festering Honor Guard; a reasonable (and arguably correct) interpretation without the "for the entire game" clause is that Parasite stops functioning once the entire squad is destroyed.
Old October 15th, 2022, 10:28 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yup, that's right. Honor Guard on enemy cards are still destroyed Honor Guard. Normally when all figures on an army card are destroyed all powers on the card cease to function*, like Soldiers losing the extra movement when Marcus dies. We wanted this particular power to continue functioning even after the last surviving Honor Guard is destroyed.

* There are some outliers that don't have special language to indicate they continue functioning after death, but those are cases where the power simply does not make sense otherwise. An example is Thanos's Rejected by Death. This is not true for the Festering Honor Guard; a reasonable (and arguably correct) interpretation without the "for the entire game" clause is that Parasite stops functioning once the entire squad is destroyed.
Thats pretty interesting! This game just keeps getting better.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 15th, 2022, 11:10 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

If we were scoring the scenario, I'd suggest that Festering Honor Guard figures still on an enemy card at game's end count as VP for the player(s) who defeated them, but not if they have destroyed the enemy and returned to the board.
Old October 16th, 2022, 12:01 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Super hyped that Adelbern can (for now) bond with my death chaser horde
That wasn’t a design accident. I wanted her to be able to. And the Wild personality suits her power and the sculpt thematically.

Enjoy!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2022, 12:44 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
I've noticed that none of the prototype cars have the general names, only the logo. I hope they add the names because there's more than one power that refer to generals by their name.
I agree. When there were only five or seven generals, the color-coding was enough to distinguish between the cards with a simple glance, but with 10 or more generals that gets messier, and the general logos by themselves don't help much.

I 3rd this motion. Was the same thought I had when I saw the Name of a General being called out for synergy purposes. Between the new generals being added, and the old symbols being changed, I'm going to need the General names on the cards. I don't want to stop play to go look up who's on who's team.
Old October 16th, 2022, 12:47 AM

Myriadite rolls all skulls baby! Myriadite rolls all skulls baby! Myriadite rolls all skulls baby! Myriadite rolls all skulls baby!

The designs are very exciting! I really appreciate how versatile Heroscape is; even after all this time with many expansions, such unique abilities can still be introduced.
Old October 16th, 2022, 03:28 AM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

Is there any word on whether the companion app is tied to the AoA campaign’s success, or if it’s something that Avalon Hill has okayed regardless of how AoA pans out?
Old October 16th, 2022, 04:06 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Super hyped that Adelbern can (for now) bond with my death chaser horde
That wasn’t a design accident. I wanted her to be able to. And the Wild personality suits her power and the sculpt thematically.

Enjoy!
I'm specifically going to be painting up one version of her to be the "evil version" that I'll use whenever they are played with Deathchasers.
Old October 16th, 2022, 06:54 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thats pretty interesting! This game just keeps getting better.
I had that idea way back when we were working together during the WOTC time. There just wasn’t ever a good place to bring it up and implement it really. I have had a blast playtesting the queen, but wait till you meet the Phalanax.
Old October 16th, 2022, 06:55 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtato View Post
Is there any word on whether the companion app is tied to the AoA campaign’s success, or if it’s something that Avalon Hill has okayed regardless of how AoA pans out?
I would highly doubt they would spend the money to develop an app if they had no plans to release. Just my thoughts, not confirmed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion