Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 25th, 2022, 01:19 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Godzilla and friends

I appreciate you guys working through alternatives. I get that not every god will have the class of Deity, and that you have an idea in mind of what Deity means in C3G. The two Deities we have publicly don't really carve out that class as exclusively world altering, Imo, but if it's not really up for debate, it is what it is. Could call out Huge Deity to avoid any Beyonder/Ares synergies, if that's of real concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
1) I think you're taking a very literal stance on Invader class based on a blurb we quickly wrote to explain some design updates we made. We believe Megalon meets the literal definition of Invader (one who invades) while fitting the general aesthetic the class already has. (Goofy sci-fi stuff!)
I think the average person would have formed the same idea I had about the class just by looking at the list of Invaders we have publicly.
But if being a Sci-Fi guy who crosses a boarder is suffice, that's what it is. Still would be cool to have cultists who work with Huge Deities, especially once we get to Cthulhu.

Quote:
2) We felt like some of the justification provided was a bit weak or took some stretches with the source material, such as attributing events in Varan to the supernatural.
Whoa now! I'm going to be bold, and say that most, if not all, of anyone who voted has not watched Varan, and if so, not recently. For anyone curious, it's available here (archive also has Daimajin):
https://archive.org/details/01RodanG...believable.avi
Idk if I really recommend it, but the suit scenes are genuinely amazingly well done.
The "supernatural" element is really the setup of the movie (~first 25 mins). Varan's got an omniscient-like awareness of his domain, can sense as soon as anyone crosses into it, seemingly has control over the fog, and takes vengeance for killing a butterfly in Wrath of God-like fashion. And did it again once the outsiders convinced the village it was safe to trespass.

This guy was wrong!
Quote:
Ultimately there's also very little thematic pull to play these dudes with each other. We try to always put thought and care into "future-proofing" designs we make, but I think basing part of Gigan's card off of what we might do on Megalon's card if we want Megalon to share a synergy web with a bunch of other C-list Toho monsters (some of which don't have comics and/or figures) was a bit of a step too far for most people.
No surprise the Godzilla characters all have comic appearances, but Daimajin was published several times in Manga form.

This Revoltech action figure gets rereleased every few years, as recently as 2017, and is usually around $25. I expect it'll be re-released again:

I wouldn't be surprised if Mezco releases Manda and Varan in a Destroy All Monsters set. The first two sets are just shipping now, 4 figure sets, averaging at around $22 per figure:
https://www.mezcotoyz.com/index.php?...Bq%5D=godzilla
But that's just speculation. Still, there's always Kaiju figures in the future. But until then, I won't sweat these hypotheticals.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 08:00 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not to harp on, but was thinking, what about Ancient as a class for those types of characters? Could work for the Ancient Ones of the Lovecraft universe.
Old May 17th, 2022, 11:15 AM
Casing the Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Please? Pretty please?
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEGE View Post
NAME = ULTRAMAN
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ULTRA
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 18 (Or HUGE 15. See below.)

LIFE = 15

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

HUMAN HOST
At the start of the game, choose a Human Unique Hero you control who is not already a host to be Ultraman's host. An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of the host. Ultraman does not start on the battlefield. At the end of any round or when the host is destroyed, if Ultraman has not been destroyed, you may switch the host figure with this figure. Move any order markers on the host's card to this card. If Ultraman is destroyed and the host has not been destroyed, you may switch this figure with the host figure. Move any order markers on this card to the host's card. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SPECIUM RAY
Range 7. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. If the defending figure has less than half of its Life remaining, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled for every 4 wound markers on the defending figure's card to a maximum of 5 automatic skulls.

COLOR TIMER
After taking a turn with Ultraman, place 1 wound marker on this card.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Figure: Ideally, I wanted to use Ultra Hero Series Ultraman (01) for the figure (Ultra Hero Series Gallery) because I have Ultraman Tiga and Dyna from this series, and the size better matches the figures from the Bandai Movie Monster Series at height 18, but this series is no longer in production. Bandai Ultraman Superheroes Ultra Hero 500 Series is in production, and the Ultraman figure (height 15) can be purchased here. Of course if a better sized and readily available figure can be found, I'm all for that.

Design Goal: I envision Ultraman being a counter to huge Event Heroes or figures with a high Life value. However, like in the show, Ultraman is not a one-man army and needs support from his team to take out a stronger opponent. Ideally, his point value would support drafting a few other units. The rest of your army starts by wounding the Event Hero, then when your army is starting to take a beating, Ultraman shows up to save the day and finishes the job using Specium Ray, but because of Color Timer, he has a limited amount of time to fight the enemy. I haven't gotten a chance to playtest this yet, so I'm also all for tweaking the design to make it more balanced and fun.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...er#post2407247

There might have been another one posted, but I can't find it.
Old May 17th, 2022, 11:49 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@toyhandle I like it. Specium Ray seems more complicated than it needs to be. I get where you are going with it though.
Old May 17th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Casing the Corners

Not mine, it's @SIEGE 's!
Old November 6th, 2022, 02:32 PM
Casing the Corners

Daimajin Movie Monster Series figure previewed back in September.
Old November 7th, 2022, 06:56 AM
Casing the Corners

Movie Monster Series Varan was just released on Nov. 3 as a G-Store exclusive at $18 before shipping from Japan. Not sure if some G-Store affiliats will import it.
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550031/

And a series of MMS product listing previews were discovered, including 2004 Manda.
Old November 7th, 2022, 05:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy