Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old April 19th, 2007, 10:56 AM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
600 Point Competitive Armies

So, me and some of the people I play with usually play with 600 point armies. I'm starting to run out of ideas and thought hey why not ask the other fellow heroscapers for ideas. So this is pretty much like the 500 point thread except its 600, o yes now you get to add 100 more points worth of figures to your favorite 500 point armies. What fun!

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old April 19th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Marro:
Subakna
negoksa
meburqsa
marro warriors
marro drones x 3
marden hounds

Send in the hounds first unless you are facing soulborgs, then send in the drones. Really well rounded group and lots of neat specials that help each other out.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 19th, 2007, 01:25 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Super-Range

Krav Maga - 100
Nakita Agents - 120
Laglor - 110
Raelin - 80
Deathreavers x2 - 80
Airborne Elite - 110

Total = 600

Lots of range, meat shield, glyph grabbing, strong attack, defense boost - this army does it all except have a reliable special attack to take down rats quickly (Laglor is OK, but not phenomenal)

Mass Modification

Taelord - 180
Raelin - 80
Marcus - 100
4th Mass x3 - 210
Guilty - 30

Total = 600

Boost the heck out of the 4th Mass, increasing their move, attack and defense. Wait and Fire hits for 5 dice with Tae and Marcus. Hell, even Guilty is formidable with 4 defense dice and 3 attack twice.

Bring Him Down, Bring Him Down!!!

Q9 - 180
Charos - 210
Raelin - 80
Kelda / Saylind - 80
Marro Warriors / Me-Burq-Sa - 50

Total = 600

Nothing is more frustrating than getting through 9 defense dice 3 times and then having Q9 healed, or getting through 7 defense dice 8 times and having Charos healed. I have Saylind as an option if you like agression over defense. She's great at summoning Charos into the Fray. Marros vs. Me-burq-sa is personal preference.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:24 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
What about this Vydar variant:

Braxas - 210
Q9 - 180
Laglor - 110
Krav/Carr - 100 (depending on your style of play)

Think about how scared people would be shopwing up with two of the most feared characters in the game along with argualbly the best FB. Add Krav Maga for that "Oh Crap" factor or Carr for the melee.

I know I might wet myself.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:35 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I got wiped by this 600pt Einar army twice last time I played

Kaemon Awa 120
Kozuke Samurai 100
Izumi Samurai 60
Ninjas of the North Wind 110
3x Tagawa Archers 195

Total 585
Old April 20th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Good ol' Jandar:
SoJx2 - 220
Raelen - 80
Concan - 80
AE - 110
Drake - 110
TOTAL - 600

Ok granted there is some real lack of range, if "the drop" is kind to you you’re in a real good spot. Braxas could do some harm, but with all those heroes she'll be in trouble if she commits to early. By the way 7def with double shields is TOO MUCH fun.

Bad ol' Utgar
Heavy Grutsx2 - 140
Ornack - 100
Tornack - 100
DW8K - 130
Me-burq-sa - 50
Marro Warriors - 50
Dumutef - 25
TOTAL - 595

Good blend of range and melee, plus a little bonding to round things out. Looks like a lot of fun on paper, but Id have to play it a little before taking it out on the town!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:23 PM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
How about Green ol' Ullar

Aubrien Archers x2 - 140
Armoc Vipers x2 - 130
Venoc Warlord - 120
Syvarris - 100
E. O. Vipers - 100

590 total points
Old April 20th, 2007, 05:17 PM

Stoner has disabled reputation
My magic mix

Finn
Thorgrim
Marro Warriors
Izumi Samurai
Zettian Guards
Krav Maga Agents
Zombies x1
Then you might as well add in........say Deadeye Dan, and Eldegrim to make your Marro even better then they were. heh.

Send Throgrim finn and eldegrim to get slaughtered. Put their spirit ability on your Marro warriors. Send your Krav maga agents to weaken/kill your enemy. Clean up with the Marro and Dan. Your Zettians, Samurai, and Zombies are just back up in case they die. But its ahrd to kill the warriors when they can clone.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:56 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
hounds x 3 270
MM x 4 280
Marro 50
------------------------------

I like having lots of multiples of squads, really gives you more bang for your buck. In bigger pt. battles having a few of the same squads makes a big difference, so many less turns with out weaker turns from having a few dead guys in your squad. Plus a lot easier to pick the order markers, not so much guess work about , will I get int. and go first or lose and maybe have my first round choice killed or weakened. If you have 4 MM, you know all 3 markers on them are fine, cause you got lots of reserves.

Mittens 120
A. Archers x 4 280
vipers x 5 200
----------------------------------

When your feeling lucky with the D20, I love the frenzy

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Raelin - 80
DW9K - 140
Zettian Guards - 70
DW8K - 130
Q9 - 180

Super high Def. Either of the DW can wipe out large groups of armies by either rapid fire or grenade, especially the pesky little KMA. DW9K has 5 ATK if on higher ground and the ZG have 9 range if near DW9K.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
i just made one. tell me wut you think

marcus- 100
imperium x2- 280
romans x2- 100
greeks x2 - 100

total- 580

everyone is a solider, so they get an extra move form marcus and everyone is displined so the greeks get an extra defense. Send out the imperium first to hopefully tie up or kill any range, then send in the greeks to take on melee forces. Then have Marcus and the romans there for clean up.

edit: made 2 more

vydar:

KMA
Nakita
G'nators x2
gladatrons
X17

have the soulborgs tie down units while everyone else snipes. pretty simple

Jandar:

snipers x2
4th mass. x2
drake
sentials
eldgrim

send out eldgrim to die, goes on drake. then have drake out to take down range wit the snipers back up. then have the sentials as clean up wit 4th mass cover.

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 08:31 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by player_of_football
i just made one

marcus- 100
imperium x2- 280
romans x2- 100
greeks x2 - 100

total- 580

everyone is a solider, so they get an extra move form marcus and everyone is displined so the greeks get an extra defense. Send out the imperium first to hopefully tie up or kill any range, then send in the greeks to take on melee forces. Then have Marcus and the romans there for clean up.
Thanks for telling me one of your (possible) armies. I will find a way to destroy it!!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion