Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old May 5th, 2019, 12:21 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker
Re: GENCON 2019 Official Events

Are we extending the time on the main event to make up for another game. I believe the army consists of 80 less points but that is not going to be enough to shorten the games to allow for a 6th game in the same time period. Also on the general wars, what are the army alliances. Idk if they changed from last year and a little clarification would help
Old May 5th, 2019, 12:24 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
Are we extending the time on the main event to make up for another game. I believe the army consists of 80 less points but that is not going to be enough to shorten the games to allow for a 6th game in the same time period. Also on the general wars, what are the army alliances. Idk if they changed from last year and a little clarification would help
It looks like for general wars this year, you can make your own alliance from any 2 pairings. At least that's how I read it.

On Gencon's website, the Main Event's duration is listed at 6 hours, so I assume it's from 3-9 this year rather than 3-8.
Old May 5th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
Games do not have to be shorter; allow 6 hours instead of 5.

The whole point of the new General Wars is that you basically get to pick your own alliance.
Old May 5th, 2019, 12:27 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Official GenCon event listing for General Wars does not have specifics -- no point totals at all
Old May 6th, 2019, 05:07 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can play in an old man tournament!

I get to avoid all those young punks!!

Best Day EVER!!!

Old May 6th, 2019, 05:20 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post

Best Day EVER!!!
And there’s no X-Wing on Thursday to conflict with it!

It is looking like it might be the best Scape tourney this year, all things considered.
Old May 6th, 2019, 05:24 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Official GenCon event listing for General Wars does not have specifics -- no point totals at all
Yeah - they changed the number of participants in the event and somehow overwrote the details. I'm working with them to get his resolved.
Old May 6th, 2019, 05:32 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Yeah - they changed the number of participants in the event and somehow overwrote the details. I'm working with them to get his resolved.
What?? Derek would never do such a thing.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 6th, 2019, 05:34 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

How about that new General Wars, huh? Doors are wide open for what you can bring; no more being able to say, “this is the best army for this general or specific pair of generals”.
Old May 6th, 2019, 05:59 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

A lot of interest in the Wise Men Tourney. I thought of the idea at last year's GenCon after slugging it out with Nick the Ant in a 2 hour championship round of Coalition Wars. I'm almost 3 times as old as Nick, and I was mentally exhausted. I started talking to some of the other wiser men, and realized there is a need for a more relaxed tournament. Hence, the first annual (hopefully) tournament.
I have to give credit where it is due -- the wise men mechanics of this tournament (the choices of re-rolls, or plus/minus to the d20) were Orc's excellent ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post

Best Day EVER!!!
And there’s no X-Wing on Thursday to conflict with it!

It is looking like it might be the best Scape tourney this year, all things considered.
Old May 7th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I will try to provide what I can for folks for the C3G event.
I do not have all the figures but I can probably find a decent proxy for just about anything. Just PM me and we can work it out.
I will probably play myself if possible. Will be running my go to testing army of Frankenstein, Dragon Man and Wendigo. Hmmm, now I am considering a Dinosaur build, I guess that will depend on what I can finish by then.

I promise I will get them there on time this year as well.

I will have some prizes as well, including what will be recently released designs.
Eject! Eject!
Old May 7th, 2019, 10:57 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

The biggest main event change (besides getting rid of the 3-2 bring cheese hope to win tiebreakers which imo wasn't a big deal) is that now there are an even number of games with and against your army for the first time in RtW history. There's always been more with your own army. So I expect army builds will continue to get weaker. You still have to win games with your own army to have any chance at winning the event so builds shouldn't get to be problematically weak ever

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con