Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 25th, 2015, 03:41 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Great work guys!

I still don't like having to choose a size for Jake in advance of things happening. How about another take?

Quote:
Jake is not affected by any power on an opponent's card that references a figure's size.
This makes him simply immune to any power that targets small, medium, large or huge figures. He simply blows up or shrinks down to avaoid any harm.
The way I see it is that Jake is kind of lazy. He often forgets to shapeshift when it would be an amazing idea to do so. This has caused him to run from things he should be able to absolutely destroy. Plus I like players having to make tactical decisions.

~Dysole, knowing that we will have to sacrifice some theme for gameplay
I see your point, but still like this other version more. Also, it doesn't have any bookkeeping issues, like choosing each round would have.
Your version also makes Jake immune to carry. It also occurs to me that a size number for Jake might be needed simply to determine adjacency/engagement with figures. All in all, the question really becomes one of "Do we think Jake should be able to be affected by powers like Fearless Advantage, Chain Grab, and Acid Breath?" I am in the camp of "I don't see why not and if he isn't he becomes more boring of a figure." That's where I stand.

Quote:
I'm still not finished with the Rainicorn order marker thing...

Okay... You would need to have one set of each colour of order marker.
We have grey from the RotV master set, green from the SotM, blue from Marvel, and purple (we'll call it red) from D&D.
The colours corespond to the colour bars on the stat lines.

So the power could be something like this:

Quote:
When revealing an order marker on Lady Rainicorn, if the order marker is:
-Green, add 2 to Lady Rainicorn's movement this turn.
-Grey, add 4 to Lady Rainicorn's range this turn.
-Blue, add 1 to Lady Rainicorn's defense this turn.
-purple/red, add 1 to Lady Rainicorn's normal attack this turn.
So I could do a little bit of turn planning, and my opponents would know only that I had some of these bonuses during my round.
Turn one, I choose green for some extra movement. Turn two, I choose red, assuming I'll get to attack, and turn three, blue, for some added defense for the retaliation...
It's a power that I feel it better in theory than in practice (also there is literally no reason to reveal a blue Order Marker as defense during your turn is almost useless) mostly because you only have one set of Order Markers and so the grey Order Marker would always be #1 et al. It also doesn't seem to really match any sort of theme other than "these are colored and the rainicorn is colored so it derives power from them". Rainicorn powers seem to be vary between rainicorns but the extent of their chromatic abilities appear to be chromatic beams from their horns. They do not seem to derive any special powers from various colors which makes me not really feel the theme on it.

~Dysole, probably overanalyzing a kids show
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Eh

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Great work guys!

I still don't like having to choose a size for Jake in advance of things happening. How about another take?

Quote:
Jake is not affected by any power on an opponent's card that references a figure's size.
This makes him simply immune to any power that targets small, medium, large or huge figures. He simply blows up or shrinks down to avaoid any harm.
The way I see it is that Jake is kind of lazy. He often forgets to shapeshift when it would be an amazing idea to do so. This has caused him to run from things he should be able to absolutely destroy. Plus I like players having to make tactical decisions.

~Dysole, knowing that we will have to sacrifice some theme for gameplay
I see your point, but still like this other version more. Also, it doesn't have any bookkeeping issues, like choosing each round would have.
Your version also makes Jake immune to carry. It also occurs to me that a size number for Jake might be needed simply to determine adjacency/engagement with figures. All in all, the question really becomes one of "Do we think Jake should be able to be affected by powers like Fearless Advantage, Chain Grab, and Acid Breath?" I am in the camp of "I don't see why not and if he isn't he becomes more boring of a figure." That's where I stand.
He wouldn't be immune to carry, as the wording specifies powers on opponent's cards. But I see your points, and in the end I'd be okay with the optional choosing size at the start of the turn.

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; January 25th, 2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:28 AM

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Eh

Quote:
Quote:
I'm still not finished with the Rainicorn order marker thing...

Okay... You would need to have one set of each colour of order marker.
We have grey from the RotV master set, green from the SotM, blue from Marvel, and purple (we'll call it red) from D&D.
The colours corespond to the colour bars on the stat lines.

So the power could be something like this:

Quote:
When revealing an order marker on Lady Rainicorn, if the order marker is:
-Green, add 2 to Lady Rainicorn's movement this turn.
-Grey, add 4 to Lady Rainicorn's range this turn.
-Blue, add 1 to Lady Rainicorn's defense this turn.
-purple/red, add 1 to Lady Rainicorn's normal attack this turn.
So I could do a little bit of turn planning, and my opponents would know only that I had some of these bonuses during my round.
Turn one, I choose green for some extra movement. Turn two, I choose red, assuming I'll get to attack, and turn three, blue, for some added defense for the retaliation...
It's a power that I feel it better in theory than in practice (also there is literally no reason to reveal a blue Order Marker as defense during your turn is almost useless) mostly because you only have one set of Order Markers and so the grey Order Marker would always be #1 et al. It also doesn't seem to really match any sort of theme other than "these are colored and the rainicorn is colored so it derives power from them". Rainicorn powers seem to be vary between rainicorns but the extent of their chromatic abilities appear to be chromatic beams from their horns. They do not seem to derive any special powers from various colors which makes me not really feel the theme on it.

~Dysole, probably overanalyzing a kids show
The blue defense bonus would have to extend through your opponent's next turn of course.

Just playing around with some ideas inspired by the silly, sometimes over the top, creativity of the series... If these meta/theme ideas are not liked, I won't press on with them. Just thought I'd give it a try...

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; January 25th, 2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:55 AM

Re: Adventure Time with Deathwalker the robot & A3n the huma

Speaking of Marceline, I just accidentally stumbled into this:
http://www.trollandtoad.com/products...archmode=basic

With some red boots, and an axe guitar instead of the stick, I'm sold!
Old January 25th, 2015, 06:44 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Speaking of Marceline, I just accidentally stumbled into this:
http://www.trollandtoad.com/products...archmode=basic

With some red boots, and an axe guitar instead of the stick, I'm sold!
This Dazzler has a guitar -- not exactly an axe but I think it could easily be made to work.

EDIT: Actually you could just use the Dazzler figure & replace the head with Tiger Lily's.

Last edited by A3n; January 25th, 2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old January 26th, 2015, 02:19 AM

She looks cool! Great find!
Catching up on Jake, I get something that ends up a bit like this...

Quote:
NAME = JAKE
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = DOG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = QUIRKY
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 4

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

SHAPESHIFTING
When moving up levels of terrain, you may count up to 10 sides of each higher level as one space and Jake's height is considered to be 25. Jake never receives falling or major falling damage. Adjacent figures attacking Jake never receive height advantage. Before taking a turn with Jake, you may choose whether Jake is considered small, medium, large, or huge. Jake remains this size until you take another turn with Jake.

CARRY
Before moving Jake, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Jake. After you move Jake, place the chosen figure adjacent to Jake.

JAKE SUIT
After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place Jake on the chosen heroes Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on its card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on its card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. After the opponent has taken their next turn or if the chosen figure has been destroyed, place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure. You may only use this power once per round.
Old January 26th, 2015, 03:00 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Would it help (@dysole) if it said "When you reveal your next Order Marker or if the chosen figure has been destroyed, place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure." ?
Old January 26th, 2015, 03:10 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
What I Think Might Work

Maybe. I propose we start with something like this.

JAKE SUIT
After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place Jake on the chosen heroes Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on its card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on its card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. When you reveal your next Order Marker, place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure. If the chosen figure receives enough wounds to be destroyed while Jake is on this card, place him on an empty space adjacent to where the chosen figure was before it was destroyed. You may only use this power once per round.

Also if we're going to adjust Jake's Size did we want to adjust his height? It'd be a bit weird if he's a constant height 4 and changing size and it would also allow you to determine if he's considered engaged with figures.

~Dysole, finding out how complicated it can be to get a supposedly simple power to work
Old January 26th, 2015, 04:24 AM

Re: What I Think Might Work

Quote:
Maybe. I propose we start with something like this.

JAKE SUIT
After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place Jake on the chosen heroes Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on its card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on its card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. When you reveal your next Order Marker, place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure. If the chosen figure is destroyed while Jake is on its card, place him on the space where the chosen figure was before it was destroyed. You may only use this power once per round.

Also if we're going to adjust Jake's Size did we want to adjust his height? It'd be a bit weird if he's a constant height 4 and changing size and it would also allow you to determine if he's considered engaged with figures.

~Dysole, finding out how complicated it can be to get a supposedly simple power to work
Shortened the ending of the JAKE SUIT power.

Quote:
This is not complicated...
Old January 26th, 2015, 04:55 AM

Re: What I Think Might Work

Quote:
The original intent was simply to make it impossible for things like Grimnak CHOMPing Jake... Constantly checking what height and size he is and if he's adjacent, engaged or not, seems to complicate things too much.
Old January 26th, 2015, 11:43 AM

Well

Again, it certainly removes complications but doesn't get rid of the fact that Jake will remain a Small 4 yet be immune to Chomp because he's "too big" and will be unengaged to figures on 4 height.

It could work like this.

SHAPESHIFTING
When moving up levels of terrain, you may count up to 10 sides of each higher level as one space and Jake's height is considered to be 25. Jake never receives falling or major falling damage. Adjacent figures attacking Jake never receive height advantage. Before taking a turn with Jake, you may choose whether Jake is considered small 4, medium 6, large 8, or huge 10. Jake remains this size and height until you take another turn with Jake.

~Dysole, not opposed to Deathwalker's idea just pointing out that there's still a theme break
Old January 26th, 2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Before taking a turn with Jake, or when Jake would be affected by a power on another figure's card that references a figurs's size, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker to choose wether Jake is considdered medium 6, large 8 or huge 10. Jake remains this size and height until the next time you take a turn with Jake, when he reverts to small 4.
This combines the original reactionary intent of the power with some risks and tactical decissions.

~DEATHWALKER, who very much appreciates Dysole's input!

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; January 26th, 2015 at 01:22 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards