Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old April 22nd, 2018, 11:38 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Parkville Pandemonium! April 21 in Baltimore, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's a good looking map, and I hope to have an opportunity to play on it myself. Thank you for sharing it with us.
I hope the tournament went well! If any of you guys had a chance to play on Shadows Over Bleakwoode, I'd appreciate any feedback in my map thread (link is in my signature). Thanks again DS for using the map. Hope everyone enjoy it, and more importantly the tourney. I know we had a blast yesterday up here in Ohio.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 12:12 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks DadScaper for having us! It was cool to scape again. Xanth and I were already discussing possible armies for the next one! Seems the bug has bitten us again.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 01:38 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Thanks for having us! I’ll be sending you our score sheets later today.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 10:39 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's a good looking map, and I hope to have an opportunity to play on it myself. Thank you for sharing it with us.
I hope the tournament went well! If any of you guys had a chance to play on Shadows Over Bleakwoode, I'd appreciate any feedback in my map thread (link is in my signature). Thanks again DS for using the map. Hope everyone enjoy it, and more importantly the tourney. I know we had a blast yesterday up here in Ohio.
Thanks again for sharing the map. I played on it in the last round, and I'm glad I did. It looked good on the table and it felt like a battlefield as I was setting up on it.

I was curious about the extra hex attached to the back 24, leading to a slightly odd start zone. And even after we looked it up and saw what the start zone was, I still absent-mindedly put a Cutter on the forbidden forward space of the 24-hexer.

Once the battle was underway, my opponent got a first round drop of the Airborne Elite, which was an *excellent* stress test for this map. He played it well, setting them up on the upper plateau, and then he won initiative. So he put two of them on the top two hexes and used the others to wall off the narrow entry points on the corners next to the trees.

I was stressed. I mean, every map is supposed to be able to accommodate this situation, but it's tough: first round drop for the AE; available high ground. And the ability to *almost* lock it down. But then I realized that, if I was persistent, I could use the road bonus to slip some units up over the outside edge of the ledge that I could penetrate.

So. My opponent got a perfect strike with his AE, landing them and winning initiative on OM1. The map allowed me, eventually, to get my Goblins up there, but only after they successfully killed Heracles. It was perfect test conditions for this map, and the map still provided me a way to push back and even ultimately win the game.

It looks great on the table and I'd use it again at another tournament. It's *possible* I'll be persuaded the choke points at the top are problematic, but it might just be something that comes up only sometimes. I'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Thanks DadScaper for having us! It was cool to scape again. Xanth and I were already discussing possible armies for the next one! Seems the bug has bitten us again.
Good. I didn't realize until after the tournament just what Xanth was saying when he said he'd be playing against the same army for the last two rounds. That was a tough matchup, and I appreciate him being a good sport about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Thanks for having us! I’ll be sending you our score sheets later today.
Got 'em, thanks. Post-tourney thread to come. Thanks to you & your brothers making the trip, and bringing maps.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 23rd, 2018, 12:54 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament!

I'm also curious how people found my map, Marshall Law. Would love to hear any thoughts on the map, if anyone feels inclined to share.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 02:48 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Don't want to overwhelm you guys with requests but I'd love to hear any feedback you had for Jandar's summoning circle as well!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 23rd, 2018, 04:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I can’t speak for Marshall Law, but Jandar’s Summoninh Circle was the one we built and brought. We liked it a lot - it’ll likely be the map that stays built for several games to come.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 05:01 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I didn't get to play on either Marshall Law or JSC, but both looked good on the table. Sorry, guys!

= =
Old April 23rd, 2018, 06:19 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I can’t speak for Marshall Law, but Jandar’s Summoninh Circle was the one we built and brought. We liked it a lot - it’ll likely be the map that stays built for several games to come.
Awesome! Glad you liked it.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 23rd, 2018, 10:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

And the results!

1. Micah 5-0 (Major Q9, Blastatrons x2, Glads x2)
2. KS 4-1 (Assorted Varkaanans, or, as he put it, "some wolfy things")
3. Kyle 4-0 (Harquebus x3, Hamato Toro, Kozuke Samurai, Izumi Samurai)
4. Pumpkin Brother 3-1 (Pel, Dreadguls x2, Arktos, Guilty, Kaemon Awa)
5. Akden 3-1 (Zetacron, Omnicrons x3, Eldgrim, Raelin RotV)
6. Buddy Lee 3-1 (Major Q9, Blasts x2, Glads x2)
7. Xanth 2-2 (Sentinels x3, Atlaga, Tarn Viking Warriors)
8. Brian 2-2 (4th Mass. x4, Nilfheim)
9. 10th Reg. 2-2 (Atlaga, Protectors x3, Me Burq Sa)
10. Ethan 2-2 (Tagawa Samurai, Krav, Airborne Elite, Kaemon Awa, Isamu)
11. Clancampbell 2-2 (Syvarris, Agent Carr, Izumi, Krav, AE)
12. Little Donnelly 2-2 (Marcus, Shiori, 10th Reg. x4)
13. DS 2-2 (Heracles, Hydra x1, Cutters x3)
14. Kldonnelly 1-3 (Arrow Gruts x3, Swog x1, Ice Troll Berserker x3)
15. Other Pumpkin 1-3 (MacDirks x2, Thorgrimm, Alastair, Raelin RotV, Eldgrim)
16. Bill 1-3 (Tor Kul Na, AE, Brandis Skyhunter, MBS)
17. Pumpkin_King 1-3 (Sudema, Crypt Guardians x2, Microcorps Troopers x2, MBS)
18. Juliana 0-4 (Marro Stingers x3, Su Bak Na, MBS, Marcu)
19. Jer 1-2 (Axegrinders x3, Mogrimm, Migol, Guilty)
20. Gary 0-2 (Greenscales x3, Nilfheim, Syvarris)

Thanks for coming, all. Thanks to those who brought maps, and thanks to those who traveled long distances, and to those who came out for the first time.

Congrats again to Micah for his first tournament win!

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events