Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old July 12th, 2020, 05:14 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Feedback on rules summary for novice tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Thanks Bot for bringing this thread to the forefront - least you were useful for that.
@Admins
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
No one really cares; your army should perform fine regardless if you have a larger or smaller ruin. Generally, you just walk to a map and sit down on a side of the table and start getting your area set up; especially if the tourney uses long banquet hall-style tables, it's a pain to try to move around it.
Sometimes with rotational symmetry, moving a certain way out of a SZ can be more beneficial than the other, and if a glyph that is more beneficial than the other glyph is on that side, you typically prefer to place your units in the SZ that gives you the best path to that glyph.

I haven't found a good solution to this issue.
The good solution is to not play maps that have that problem.
Old July 12th, 2020, 05:22 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
The good solution is to not play maps that have that problem.
I feel like even the slightest preferences/advantages can go a long way into being favorable at high level play. Also some maps that have that issue sometimes have good central map play so
Old August 4th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
The size of the ruin is one of the least relevant map side differences there is. Glyphs are the big one, most armies on most boards are much better at defending/reaching the glyph on one side than the glyph on the other.

Very rarely will people roll for sides though, it's just however it goes it goes. I can say with 100% certainty that players at Heroscape tournaments strategically sit down on particular sides of the map because of glyphs and other things. I don't think the advantage you gain from that is so big as to be a problem, but it definitely happens.

Last edited by Dysole; August 9th, 2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old August 28th, 2020, 02:21 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

This project makes me remember about a chart I made a long time ago, I made it in english only this year due to someone asking for it.
You file is really good looking and feels neat reaching its goal, I like it !

It's only a compilation of terrain rules formulated in a way that you should not misuse them, and all the point of rule that I would qualify of "important details that we often forget and/or are important".
As a bonus I added some charts someone made here a long time ago... feels worth it to enlighten such good work.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's