Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old October 7th, 2022, 12:39 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3G Heroclix and Marvel Crisis Protocol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Good Pig . Wow, that's pretty great. Do you just flip them 90 degrees just like in IA skirmish when you exhaust them? Also, can you play them with the other legit IA cards? Very cool. I have the custom card creator as well that you're using. I'll tell you the difference between IA and legion stuff. IA attacks with a single trooper where legion attacks by the squad. The surges are there but work a little differently. Surges in legion generally cam just be used to convert to hits or crits. I do like in legion that you have a fixed range for different weapons and can't miss if you roll short like you can with IA. I like what you've done with IA dice though. This could definitely work with and without a hex grid. I generally play without a grid or hex system nowadays and just play on awesome looking wargaming terrain. Legion is designed with that in mind. IA wasn't set up to run that way as well just from the ranges on the dice. Regardless, what you have done looks pretty good. All in all, IA and legion both have their place. I like legion quite a bit better. What you've done to use their dice and system is great though. I'd be likely to print and use your cards with my c3g figures for sure.
Hey, thanks! Yeah, I've played them using the IA skirmish rules. While it loses some of the risk/reward of the Order Marker management it does make it so that cheap point figures are much more useful in an army build than just filler units you use to do clean up. Every round, every card gets to be activated. Whenever I would use Marvelscape/C3G with my brother-in-law, he would just put all his order markers on Hulk and then go after me and it got a little samey.

I have boatloads of Star Wars miniatures from the old line and I use these with their IA cards (despite not owning anything IA other than the dice). The Marvel and DC stuff can be mixed with the Star Wars stuff no problem. I reused many of the existing powers off of Star Wars IA cards when creating them like Brutality, Rapid Fire, Healing, etc.

I've used the figures with a hex grid (scape tiles) along with a house rule of re-rolling 1 attack die for height advantage. I've also used a square grid using RPG map maker tiles for an urban setting. I can't tell you how much easier it is to represent a city street using squares instead of hexes.

I could see how freeing yourself from a hex or square grid creates even more flexibility for maps and environments. I'm curious about how this works in practice but I've been hesitant to dig into a system that uses rulers for movement. That and I don't really want to purchase or organize more miniatures. I'd be all for reusing my existing ones with a new game system per your original post. I just need to download and try out Legion's rule set some time.
Old October 7th, 2022, 03:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Good Pig , we really liked the starwars IA skirmish rules. It was the first game I had played that allowed use of all models every round. That is something that really got me thinking. It's the one thing I really didn't like about scape. I have made a pdf ruleset over the years that makes some light changes to the game of heroscape that allows for all models to be used every round. I removed the last rendition and haven't been able to get the final pdf up yet. It's called heroscape Unleashed. It uses some mechanics from Imperial assault and legion.ive tested it for years and got it to a great place. I exclusively play on a wargaming mat but it can still be played on hexes. At one point I had rules for IA skirmish that was gridless but it didn't lend itself well to that because the range numbers are designed in mind to be played on a much smaller and tighter board. I have a feeling you would probably love heroscape unleashed. I have been doing other projects for legion, and a walking dead skirmish game making the scape pdf get delayed. I'm very interested in using your cards with my c3g figures. It would help getting them on the table. Sounds like we have alot in common when it comes to what we like to see in our games. I look forward to seeing what else you're up to. I'll try to get more of my stuff back up on here. Awhile back I took a ton of my stuff down.
Old October 7th, 2022, 03:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Does letting all the figures get a turn benefit the player with the most figures?
Old October 7th, 2022, 03:57 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool. Please share your Heroscape Unleashed rules pdf when you get a chance.

I had toyed around with a hybrid system as well that blended some aspects of Heroscape with IA. I had started out using all of the Heroscape figure cards but then added some comic book themed event (command) cards to the mix. I also was using the activation method for rounds instead of order markers and initiative.

I had created what was called a refresh turn, so when a player wanted to refresh all of their figures back they didn't activate anyone that turn but flipped all their cards from 90 degrees back to ready state. A reset button.

The other change I made was related to this called refresh tokens. Whenever one of your heroes or squads was destroyed you received a refresh token. You could spend that refresh token to refresh a single card without doing a refresh turn. This prevented the game pace from slowing down at the end when it should be getting more exciting. Situationally you could use it to go on a tear with someone like Hulk or Wolverine in a round but it would be limited by the tokens you had.
Old October 7th, 2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Does letting all the figures get a turn benefit the player with the most figures?
Maybe? There's ways to keep this from spiraling out control with limits on start zone spaces or figure card maximums.
Old October 7th, 2022, 10:12 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
With my heroscape Unleashed variant all figures get a turn per round. So it's a yes and no. Yes they will be getting more turns if they have more figures but those figures will be more easily killed. With regular scape a game could go ten rounds or more. With games like this, the game seldom goes past 4 to 5 rounds. Everyone is taking a turn so lots of stuff dies come round two when everyone gets into the mix. Every figure killed is essentially a lost turn. You could still limit the match to a figure limit if you wanted to. I've found that if you divvy them up by squad like I do In my variant. Commons are all separated into individual groups so they do lose their potency by squad as they lose members. In short it works out fine and is a good time.
Old October 8th, 2022, 08:28 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Right on. Just seems like if I wanted to run one big figure and my opponent has 24, it is over before it starts.
Used to play a lot of Battletech and swarms of light mechs worked very well.
I suppose you could up the Life on one figure armies to compensate.
Old October 8th, 2022, 09:41 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's pretty rare for C3G Superheroscape to go past round 5 unless it's like two figures just going back and forth in end game at that point.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 8th, 2022, 11:09 AM

That is why I love King Ghidorah. About two rounds is about all a game lasts. I think I took a total of 8 or 9 turns in two games at the Con.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion