Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Black Canary (III) (Breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I guess for me, it's just that the downsides totally outweigh the upsides? There's plenty of incoming synergy to draw her into the Champion web. We now have 6 JL Marker designs, Superboy II, and Supergirl II. (Not to mention the less thematic options like Sif and Allen.) She's going to want to be in a Champion army no matter what, just cause that class has suddenly become decently strong synergy-wise.

But leave the Champion synergy off, and building a Birds of Prey army around her, or even a JLA army that's not majority Champions is that much more valid, and that's a very good thing to me. Leave it on, I feel like I'm being punished for including non-Champions in my Justice League, which isn't really the point of the faction in my eyes.

Like I said, not going to pitch a fit over it, just feels like a very small step in the wrong direction to me. (And I honestly think you could still have her count destroyed Unique Heroes and have the power not push her towards cheap gimmicks. Raph isn't pushed outside of the Turtles faction cause of a +1 on a D20, y'know?) You have my Pre-Yea either way.
Fair. I do think there are plenty of non-JL armies she'll work in pretty well (Avengers, Guardians) as a general turn bonder, but you're probably right overall here.

That said, I'm not really super concerned about this design being viable in Birds of Prey armies, because I'm operating under the 30 versions theory. Heck, despite being a champion, without a JL marker specific power, I'm not even sure this will end up being the only JL Canary!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:16 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm not even sure this will end up being a JL Canary!
Fixed it for you.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:19 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
And this would be the case of...not being rewarded. What classes are not being benefited by Black Canary III?
Vigilante, Archer, and Strategist would all be thematic allies that would not benefit from whatever Champion synergy is present, obviously pending wherever your Champion call out happened to land.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:23 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Quote:
And this would be the case of...not being rewarded. What classes are not being benefited by Black Canary III?
Vigilante, Archer, and Strategist would all be thematic allies that would not benefit from whatever Champion synergy is present, obviously pending wherever your Champion call out happened to land.
It's only being proposed for here:
Quote:
SCREAM QUEEN
Instead of attacking, choose up to 3 spaces in a straight line from Black Canary. All enemy figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces are affected by Scream Queen. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to your roll for each wounded Champion in your army. If you roll 14-18, the chosen figures receive 1 wound. If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figures receive 2 wounds, and you may remove 1 unrevealed Order Marker at random from each of their Army Cards.
You may not be rewarded for including whatever class you like, but those figures are losing 0 benefit.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

The difference for me is that the marker restrictions can be worked around through clever drafting. Heck, if you're only bringing one JL Marker design, Champion isn't more rewarded than any other of their choice classes. Batman III, Zatanna I, Constantine, and Green Arrow I works as a "Justice League build" even though there's only one Champion.

Black Canary just having a Champion callout is a harder line that pushes more towards Champion-only JL army building. It's just a slight D20 boost, hardly a big deal, but it does feel like a misstep to me to take the faction in that direction (direct Champion synergies), especially when we already have the Superman Family stuff doing that.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
The difference for me is that the marker restrictions can be worked around through clever drafting. Heck, if you're only bringing one JL Marker design, Champion isn't more rewarded than any other of their choice classes. Batman III, Zatanna I, Constantine, and Green Arrow I works as a "Justice League build" even though there's only one Champion.

Black Canary just having a Champion callout is a harder line that pushes more towards Champion-only JL army building. It's just a slight D20 boost, hardly a big deal, but it does feel like a misstep to me to take the faction in that direction (direct Champion synergies), especially when we already have the Superman Family stuff doing that.
Glad you brought it up. If this is such a big desire we have, why are there class restrictions on Supergirl II's Aggressive Assault?
Quote:
AGGRESSIVE ASSAULT
If you win initiative, you may immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. While there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, when a Kryptonian or Champion you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Supergirl attacks with a normal attack, if more shields than skulls are rolled, you may reroll all dice once. Aggressive Assault affects Supergirl.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:32 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I mean, I argued against that. But it's also primarily a Superman Family design, not a JL design.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Agreed that if I brought Canary, I definitely wouldn't want to draft non-Champions with her, JL synergies or not. Her power puts her into a Champion army. This isn't even a JL discussion as it is a champion one. There's overlap with JL sure, but she's not necessary a JL design as is, as she is a Champion synergy figure.

Unrelated, I'd like to see her in a test with Sentry, as a bonding turn with her and Sentry if there are wounds on your champions is going to be throwing a lot of unblockable damage (Assuming of course, if Sentry doesn't break down).
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I mean, I argued against that. But it's also primarily a Superman Family design, not a JL design.
This is supposed to be primarily a JL design, not a Birds of Prey design though.

And if that's the case, by your guys' own reasoning, I guess we still need a Supergirl that plays well with the Justice League. I'll add her to my list.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
she's not necessary a JL design as is, as she is a Champion synergy figure.
I disagree on the basis that all the big JL players will have a Champion version. Just as not every version of the F4 characters will be based around Adventurers, not every JL design needs to be completely open ended. If you want to play the JL, eventually there will be a Champion version of the core members over the years. So they are one in the same as far as I'm concerned, which is clearly the entire disagreement at hand. Some want JL to be an open synergy, while others want to allow for more focus from some of the designs.

From the very beginning, the whole reason we designed the JL the way we did, was to avoid open ended drafting/synergy like the Avengers have. We wanted you to be more encouraged to draft with thematic allies. At this point, most of the thematic allies will have a Champions version to play with. Just as you can't play Daredevil I with Cage, but you can play Daredevil II, or Thing I can be played well with Fantastic but Thing II can't... It's ok if we have some options with a slight lean towards the Champion versions of the characters.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:51 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

Glad you brought it up. If this is such a big desire we have, why are there class restrictions on Supergirl II's Aggressive Assault?
Quote:
AGGRESSIVE ASSAULT
If you win initiative, you may immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. While there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, when a Kryptonian or Champion you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Supergirl attacks with a normal attack, if more shields than skulls are rolled, you may reroll all dice once. Aggressive Assault affects Supergirl.
Because, as Nobody pointed out, its a Superman Family design. Yes it was done trying to be sensitive to her League time, but she was a Family design first.

Quote:
Admittedly, I know I do wish I'd opened it up to Legionnaires, but it might be a bit late for that.

Quote:
This is supposed to be primarily a JL design, not a Birds of Prey design though.

And if that's the case, by your guys' own reasoning, I guess we still need a Supergirl that plays well with the Justice League. I'll add her to my list.
Supergirl II plays fine with the League. She just wasn't designed with the League in mind. Saying she can't fit in that niche invalidates what you've been saying about Black Canary I still playing fine with the League. You're more than welcome to make a League one if you really want, as the one made was made with sensitivity to the League, but not with that primarily in mind.

You're 100% right that this doesn't need to be a Birds of Prey version. Or an Ollie team up version. Archer, Vigilante, and Strategist are all thematic allies of Canary, that have been league members. Some don't feel that single class call out fits with the spirit of what the JL Leader type figures have gone for, which I tend to agree with. You disagree, vehemently, and you're the LD and thus allowed to, if not full on encouraged to, work to validate and encourage your vision. I will dip out now, as this has gone past the point of what I feel would be productive.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:52 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah that's clearly the issue then. In your opinion Champion = JL, while others don't share that.

Is there a clean way to hash this out so we can move forward?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library