Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old April 29th, 2015, 06:09 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Design Holocron of Swamps of Dagobah (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
If it is just swamp water, I think it can be much simpler:

Figures must be within 4 clear sight spaces of a figure on a Swamp Water space to target it with a normal attack or for any special power which requires clear sight.
That would work I guess.
Old April 29th, 2015, 06:15 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

That would allow figures on swamp water to shoot out of the fog without a penalty.
Old April 29th, 2015, 06:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
It needs to be just swamp water. Otherwise there's no point to the jungle (and there's still no point to most of the jungle with that rule in effect anyways since the bush and such are in the swamp water). Also, making it swamp water specific would add incentive to move into the swamp water.

EDIT: I just took a quick look at the map again. Yeah, this makes the jungle pieces worthless on all but two spots (as far as I can see from the pic in the OP).
The Fog Effect still allows for ranged attacks of up to 4 spaces away, and would be turned off and on during game play. The Jungle Bush & Tree give a +1 defense boost to non-adjacent attacks as well as occasionally block LOS (Yoda was so tiny he hid behind the Jungle bushes quite easily). How do the Jungle Trees become useless when the Fog Rule is in effect?
Old April 29th, 2015, 06:52 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The Fog Effect still allows for ranged attacks of up to 4 spaces away, and would be turned off and on during game play. The Jungle Bush & Tree give a +1 defense boost to non-adjacent attacks as well as occasionally block LOS (Yoda was so tiny he hid behind the Jungle bushes quite easily). How do the Jungle Trees become useless when the Fog Rule is in effect?
I had thought the idea was to make the figures in fog have no hit zones. With mac's version it works.

Still doesn't solve Porkin's statement though... Maybe go all MRT on it make the attacking figure roll d20:

Quote:
FOG
Whenever a figure targets a non-adjacent figure on swamp water or a figure on swamp water targets a non-adjacent figure, you must roll the 20-sided die. Count the minimum number of spaces between the targeting figure and the targeted figure. Add this number to your die roll. If you roll a(n) X or higher, the targeted figure no longer has any visible hit zone for the duration of the targeting figure’s turn.
Old April 29th, 2015, 08:47 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

One idea could be to make the Swamp Fog only for small and medium figures. It would be pretty easy to see the silhouette of a giant dragon from further than 4 spaces away. Plus, they are immune to the Swamp Creature, so this would balance things out.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old April 29th, 2015, 10:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I really like @mac122 's idea, with koolster's idea incorporated:
FOG
Figures must be within 4 clear sight spaces of a small or medium figure on a Swamp Water space to target it with a normal attack or for any special power which requires clear sight.

I may have misinterpreted some of the others. This would keep it simple enough. We already have D20 rolls for the swamp creature. I also like the small/medium rule because the swamp creature can't get at them. Does this sound like a good compromise.
EDIT: This also does not make the swamp water such a terrible place to be shooting from.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 29th, 2015, 10:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm okay with trying it out. Is the plan then to just have it always in effect then?
Old April 29th, 2015, 10:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I think so, since its only on the swamp water.
If we are ok with this, I think we should try it out. Does this mean we are pretty much done messing with the map at this point in time, now just making the thematic rulings. If so, I'll add it to the OP under optional rules.

Old April 30th, 2015, 07:16 AM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm ok with it lifting and falling. Also, does it make since that figures can shoot out of fog bit not in. It's not like looking into the light from darkness and into the darkness from light, where one side would see and the other would be blinded. Fog would hinder both sides. If I have DED or Syvarris or someone with huge range they can shoot 10 spaces through fog at someone just outside. The other figure wouldn't be able to strike back.
I'm okay with the current power mechanically and unless we can think of a way to fix the shooting in vs. shooting out, the current version will work just fine. So any suggestions?

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old April 30th, 2015, 10:11 AM
"like" happy

I'm with you on the part that should hinder both sides performance. For mechanics sake, If you have a figure out of the swamp, and he wants some fog cover, he comes down in the swamp and those guys with 10 range still have to be 4 or closer spaces to him. I think we ought to go with this and try it out. I know I'm building this map next for some play. I'm glad we are past messing with the map's physical features for now. I would like to proceed to the rest of the Star wars galaxy, as there are very many more maps to be built. As Mac has coughed(Bespin).

Last edited by TREX; April 30th, 2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old April 30th, 2015, 09:46 PM
"like" happy

Just finished building this map, I plan on play testing on it soon. I posted some pics I took of it after building it. They are in a spoiler link in the OP. I don't know how many of you have actually built it in real time, so here you go.

Old May 1st, 2015, 04:00 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Pics didn't work??

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape