Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 7th, 2006, 01:05 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I would go with Spider_Poison's advice. Swap out the Elves for the Marro Warriors.
This army has enough melee.
Old December 7th, 2006, 02:03 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
What do you folks think about this tweaked version...

Krug - 120
KMA - 100
Nakita - 120
Ninjas - 110
WoA - 50

Total - 500
With that army, I would divide it into 2 waves of attack. First wave would be the Nakita, KMA, and Ninjas; second wave or clean up wave would be Krug and WoA.

Let me start explaining with the second wave first. Obviously the WoA's in-game point value1 skyrockets when there is no ranged attack to worry about; their strength lies in adjacent attacks. Also, Krug's IGPV goes up when the enemy has to attack him. The best defense against Krug early on in a game is simply not attacking him. Why attack him knowing that he is just going to get stronger. By waiting to bring him into the fray later in the game, you are bettering the odds that the enemy will no longer have the ability to swarm, (range and swarm being his achilles heel), and will have to address Krug head on. Hopefully your first wave does enough damage that your second wave will not have to sweat much.

Now, back to the first wave...unless the enemy is heavy in Special Attacks or a couple other scenarios (hounds, stalkers, etc.), the Nakita's role will be as protectors first and ranged attack second. Paring both the KMA and Ninjas with the Nakita's Smoke coverage makes the first wave very difficult to hit. Situate the Ninjas in a hex adjacent to the Nakitas and in between the Nakitas and the approaching enemy. Have the KMA paired up with the Nakitas as well. Range volley with the KMA unless the enemy gets too close, then bite back with the Ninjas. I think you will do very well. The other scenarios presented (heavy SA, hounds, stalkers, etc) will require a slightly different plan of attack, but certainly can be dealt with.

Good luck, I wish I could make the tournament...

1 IGPV - In game point value. During a game, a unit's actual point value fluctuates; not just by figures dying, but also by the make up of your army, the make up of the enemy army, where the unit is located on the map, how many order markers are on a given card during a round, etc.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old December 7th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Go with the samurai!

I vote you drop Nakita and go back to the samurai you originally had.

But that's because I'm playing against you Sunday and the Nakita are no fun to fight.

So, I guess, for you to win Nakita sounds good.

For me to be happy, play the samurai instead.

Or maybe Dund. I hear Dund is really good in tournaments. That's what Ninthdoc told me anyway...
Old December 7th, 2006, 02:48 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I'm fielding this one on Sunday:

Q9 - 180
Agent Carr - 100
Nakita Agents - 120
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Build Total = 500

This army has been working very well for me.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old December 7th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks for the awesome thoughts and ideas guys. I do appreciate feedback, the more the better when in the planning stages.

ninthdoc and I are going to get an early preview of this. Maybe I can try both army builds before Sunday. It's been awhile since I've played a new tourney army (just making the switch from 400 to 500 points) and I'm looking forward to trying new things out.

And on a side note...it's amazing how much difference that 100 points makes when it comes to trying to design effective armies. It makes me want to try out some 300 point lightning tournies as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion