Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Cinderella band good or no
I have heard of them and think there a great band 6 26.09%
Never heard of them 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 17th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ever hear of the band cinderella?

Any love for Skid Row out there? I mean, I Remember You

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
First concert ever.

Starting in 8th grade and continuing to early 10th (until he died) every day after school I went to a neighbor's house and did cystic fibrosis rhythmic therapy on his lungs until he spat up a bunch of orange nastiness. Randy. He encouraged me in my metal guitar playing, and he took me to see my first concert ever: Bon Jovi and Skid Row. I was there to see Skid Row. I'll never forget it. Yes, it's a bit cheesy in retrospect, but at the time I felt like the coolest kid in the 8th grade.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:19 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
If we're gonna talk rock bands with big hair and lots of make-up I gotta go with Quiet Riot, Poison, or Whitesnake. Cinderella just seemed a little too dolled up in their theatrics and not enough really good songs for me to get into them.
No love for Twisted Sister?
I want to rock!
ROCK!

~NB, because somehow we made it to page 4 without anyone answering the call

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 17th, 2009, 03:03 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
Hair Metal, Glam Rock, all of this makes me really remember the first time I heard "Outshined", "Evenflow", and "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Thank god for Seattle.

Of course, years later I'd hear "Midlife Crisis" and shift gears to Mike Patton.
Speaking of Cinderella, I remember the song, "Don't Know What Yoiu Got Till It's Gone." It wasn't as big as "Every Rose Has It Thorn" by Poison.

As for Mike Patton...at the same time of the glam/hair music--late 80's I remember loving "Suprise You're Dead" after buying Faith No More's The Real Thing album--during my hardcore Metallica years. I also thought "Midlife Crisis" was cool and their "Easy" cover was funny, but I didn't actually by Angel Dust until 95-96. After getting lost in that amazing album I would start my long journey into being a hardcore Mike Patton fan...Bungle, Fantomas, Tomahawk, and other ventures/recordings. Let's hope this FNM reunion in Europe leads to new FNM material.

Back to Cinderella, I owned Long Cold Winter, I may even still have the tape...but that was the only one...As bad as this sounds now, I liked White Lion--and liked Mike Tramp's voice more.

Last note: Skid Row, I did appreciate how they kept pushing there music to a heavier style with Slave to the Grind...and after, but I guess other bands have done the same...Testament & Pantera are a couple examples. The problem with this trend is that a band boxes themselves in too much and they may evetually choke their own creativity.
FNM is a perfect somewhat modern example (the Beatles would be an older example) of a band that didn't want to box themselves in, to where some fans were not comfortable with the multiple gengre tracks (no the case for the Beatles) on something like King For A Day. I once, talked with Alex Skolnick of Testament, after a show with his cop-theme-music band Skol Patrol, and he said that he left Testament because he wanted to try different styles of music, but the band (Testament) was set on a path that wasn't open to that.

Overall, I can respect musicians that are artist willing to explore music and different themes or genre, instead of becoming a slave to a single icon or cookie-cutter format.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; September 17th, 2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:37 AM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If we're gonna talk rock bands with big hair and lots of make-up I gotta go with Quiet Riot, Poison, or Whitesnake. Cinderella just seemed a little too dolled up in their theatrics and not enough really good songs for me to get into them.
No love for Twisted Sister?
Sorry, not a big fan of them either.

I would throw in RATT with that group of bands. I guess they are not really glamor but I still group them in with the rest of the lot.

Oh and heard of Cinderella just never liked them. So I didn't vote.
Through in Motley Crue!

Woah! Yeah! Kickstart My Heart Hope It Never Stops! Woah! Yeah! Bbbaby!

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I just found this thread and read it through in one go. Thanks Rym for fixing the lack of Skid Row love!

As for glam rock bands not doing power ballads, what about Slade? I'm not sure they ever got big in the US but they were huge in the UK; the fun side of glam rock in opposition to the artsy side of Bowie/Bolan. Great glam rock tracks: Mama, we're all crazee now; Cum on Feel the Noize; Get Down and Get With It; Coz I Luv You. Great ballads: Far Far Away; In for a Penny; How does it Feel?; Coz I Luv You.

And where do Cheap Trick fit in?

Some more modern bands carrying the torch for cheery tunes and heavy guitars: The Wildhearts, The Yo-Yos, Antiproduct, The B-Movie Heroes, Terrorvision,...
Old September 17th, 2009, 09:55 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
18 and Life baby, we are the Youth Gone Wild!

-insert signature here-
Old September 17th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
Last note: Skid Row, I did appreciate how they kept pushing there music to a heavier style with Slave to the Grind...and after, but I guess other bands have done the same...Testament & Pantera are a couple examples. The problem with this trend is that a band boxes themselves in too much and they may evetually choke their own creativity.
I think the thing that happened with Skid Row is that they were a victim of radio play. The songs that got the radio play were the ones that were least like their typical live performances. I think Slave to the Grind was more about showing what the radio fans missed the first time around. People would hear 18 and Life, or I Remember You on the radio and then they'd see them live and they'd play their stuff like Piece of Me.
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
As for glam rock bands not doing power ballads, what about Slade? Far Far Away;
Easily one of my all time top-5 songs. I have it on one of the CDs I use during the spin classes I teach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
And where do Cheap Trick fit in?
The Flame still burns Ollie. The Flame still burns

(And I Want You To Want Me to know that )

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 19th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Starting in 8th grade and continuing to early 10th (until he died) every day after school I went to a neighbor's house and did cystic fibrosis rhythmic therapy on his lungs until he spat up a bunch of orange nastiness. Randy. He encouraged me in my metal guitar playing, and he took me to see my first concert ever: Bon Jovi and Skid Row. I was there to see Skid Row. I'll never forget it. Yes, it's a bit cheesy in retrospect, but at the time I felt like the coolest kid in the 8th grade.
That's a sad story, Gulp. I'm bet you're glad you've got the memory of going to that show with him.
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:23 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
I think the thing that happened with Skid Row is that they were a victim of radio play. The songs that got the radio play were the ones that were least like their typical live performances. I think Slave to the Grind was more about showing what the radio fans missed the first time around. People would hear 18 and Life, or I Remember You on the radio and then they'd see them live and they'd play their stuff like Piece of Me.
Good point. At such a point is where bands either develop loyal fans, or their remembered through a small number of songs.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; September 20th, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:51 AM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good point. At such a point is where bands either develop loyal fans, or their remembered through a small number of songs.
No Skid Row's problems all stem from one thing, Sebastian Bach's substance abuse and ego. Bach's inability to get along with band mates lead to his firing. The band has never been the same since. I say since because Skid Row are still around and producing records but without without Bach's unique and powerful presents their just another also ran.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General