Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which proposed army stands the best chance against a 4th Mas
Army 1 (w/EOVs) 48 49.48%
Army 2 (w/Marro Warriors and Dan) 49 50.52%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 13th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
4th Massacre?

I'm trying to devise an army to take on a hoarde of 4th Mass. I have 9 days to prepare, fine tune, tweak, and practice. Help me out if you don't mind. Here's the parameters...

The battle will take place on the Searing Pass official map.

It will be played without glyphs.

Both armies are limited to 400 points.

My opponent's army (lilwis - yes I'm asking for help beating a girl so don't be a playa hata :P ) will consist of the following units:

4th Mass Line x 5 = 350
Me Burq Sa = 50
Total = 400

Here are the two armies that I've brainstormed so far...

ARMY 1
Sgt. Drake = 110
Raelin = 80
Krav Maga = 100
EOV = 100
Total = 390

ARMY 2
Sgt. Drake = 110
Raelin = 80
Krav Maga = 100
Deadeye Dan = 60
Marro Warriors = 50
Total = 400

Which of these armies do you think has the best chance to defeat the 4th Mass hoarde? How do you think these armies would do in general? Considering the lava fields should I adjust anything to play on Searing Pass specifically?

Now I feel everyone should know that the spirit of this ongoing match between myself and lilwis is very lighthearted and more for experimentation than bragging rights. I have just been fascinated by the way it wiped out my orc hoarde in the February DFW tourney and have been tinkering with opposing armies ever since. Since the first time I played this army was on Searing Pass we've always rematched on it. So if you help me out, you're not really helping me bully the girl. It's all academic. And if you knew how formidible she really is...you'd help me out of pity.

Old July 13th, 2006, 03:47 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Army 1: With the EOV frenzying arond they can kill almost two squads in one turn, more if you're lucky.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Dan is the key... with range 10 he can keep shooting and wait for the 4th mass to come to him... bringing them in closer to the rest of his army.

Marro Warriors are perfect as well since they can hit, run, heal, repeat.

The reason why the EOV will fail is that once they are adjacent, they're as good as dead. Sure, they can most likely safely get to melee range, but once engaged, they lose their high defense... once engaged hand-to-hand with the 4th mass, the EOV will be butchered... especially 5 squads of them!!!

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 13th, 2006, 04:08 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
How about the Squad killers: Nilf of Q9?

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:11 PM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
Any army with Krav and Drake is going to tear up the 4th Mass. because of their low defense and the Krav have superior range.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:20 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
I would rather take the AE than any of those 2, the can drop, have height advantage, they have equal firepower as the mass (each has 4 figs)...and if the mass bunch...grenades!!!!!!!!! Plus this will help you get your figs up the field while the fourth mass are too busy dealing with the AE.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I would ask that those of you making suggestions such as use of the AE or Nilfheim, give me suggestions on how you would build the army.

feekonea who would you take out at the expense of the AE? They could be useful certainly but they can only go so far against 20 bluecoats.

Old July 13th, 2006, 04:33 PM

First of all mark wars, I love your army against hers, pure genius creating the drake,krav, and raelin combo! I would take out either the EOV, or the marros and DED. I do not like any of those figs much, besides for the marros. EOV are gone once their ajacent, and I haate the fact (even though the creators were right to do it this way or else hed be unstoppable) that DED has to stay still if he wants to use his specials, plus it only works 50% of the time. hes gunna be a sitting duck. In addition the AE will give you just as much range as me burg sa's move. and for a fun fact, you can rub it in her face when you win, with only figs from the starter set!

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think the problem is the sheer number of her figures vs yours.

You have in Army 1, 8 figures vs her 21
And in Army 2, 10 figures vs her 21

I think Drake and KMA are almost neccessities, other than that I think you need fight her masses with more masses. I will post some army lists when I get off work.
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I think the problem is the sheer number of her figures vs yours.

You have in Army 1, 8 figures vs her 21
And in Army 2, 10 figures vs her 21

I think Drake and KMA are almost neccessities, other than that I think you need fight her masses with more masses. I will post some army lists when I get off work.
nether has a point there, one of the main reasons I love the vipers so much is sheer numbers.. lets see.. would I rather have 100 of the greatest men ever? or 1000 of sheer bloodthristy creatures? hmmmm ill stick with the 1 grand.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
DAN... DAN... DAN... DAN... DAN... DAN...

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 13th, 2006, 05:22 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Marro Drones X 8

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units