Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old September 10th, 2007, 10:00 PM

sauvros2 has disabled reputation
yes I know this probably should be in maps and scenarios...

... but any way I'll say it here to dis less people. Ok, not to insult anyone who makes large (4ms+) maps in landscape, but WTF, why would you take the time to make a large map on the computer to make everyone jealous when you don't have the pieces are the want to make the map, but I can understand that some people can't upload their pictures to photobucket or someplace like that, but for the people that that does not apply to, I must ask why do feel compelled to up the threads by using virtualscape maps?

critics should be friends not enemies.

I'm not dead yet
I use imaginary logic, the square root of negative logic.
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:01 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The real question is, why not?
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:19 PM

Renquist has disabled reputation
I have a counter question? Why are there so many threads from people with absolutely no consideration and/or want/need for proper grammar and/or punctuation?

Case in point - the above question. Did I need that many and/ors? No. But at least my intended inadequacy has a point to it, unlike the overwhelming drivel that simply gives other members a cerebral hemorrhage when trying to comprehend what the heck it was you just said?

So, to answer you question - the whole point of the Maps thread is to post... you guessed it.... MAPS. Is it really necessary to lose sleep over how many sets they have?

Is anyone really going to feel "dissed"?

I'd rather look at boring bloody maps all day than read another post from someone who cannot be bothered to use the 'Preview' button before posting. Please proof read what you type.

If it doesn't make sense to you - what hope do the rest of us have?

Now for the disclaimer:
This post is not intended to offend anyone or any likeness of that person to any real person with two brain cells to rub together intended or otherwise. Poster accepts no responsibility for his own terrible grammar, and punctuation, like using too many commas, or saying 'to', instead of 'too', or 'two' for that matter, like, WTF is the deal anyway dude, like that's so awesome, (insert generic smiley here), hey, why don't I scroll past the pics and then just post a one word reply that gives absolutely no insight?

Seriously though - if English is your second language or you need Babel Fish translator for this site... I have no intention of offending you. If not, the little red squiggly lines mean you misspelled something.

Want some ammo? I tend to do this alot > ...

Oh, and the plural of computer "mouse" is mouses. Stick that in your pipe...
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:05 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
I don't understand your problem with Virtualscape maps and can't see how they could possibly be considered . Assuming you have the necessary parts, it is a lot easier to recreate a map from a Virtualscape file than from a couple of pictures of the map. This is especially true with the larger maps.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:30 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Who knew the term "diss" was still used these days. Then again, coming from a metal-head social circle, the term never was made popular.

Sauvros, just take a minute and read your post and see how ridiculous it sounds. You're complaining about members of this site making maps as big as 4 Master Sets that you can't create because you don't have enough pieces... Here's a crazy idea, if you don't have 4 Master Sets, don't look at those maps and you won't be so irritated.

The members make these types of maps because they obviously have those materials available. If something this silly gets you bent, I'd hate to see how you handle a serious situation/crisis.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
People that take the time to post VirtualScape maps are contributing something to this community.

People that post a thread knowingly in the wrong forum just to take a swipe at VS maps are not.

Old September 11th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Re: yes I know this probably should be in maps and scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauvros2
... but any way I'll say it here to dis less people. Ok, not to insult anyone who makes large (4ms+) maps in landscape, but WTF, why would you take the time to make a large map on the computer to make everyone jealous when you don't have the pieces are the want to make the map, but I can understand that some people can't upload their pictures to photobucket or someplace like that, but for the people that that does not apply to, I must ask why do feel compelled to up the threads by using virtualscape maps?
Wait, what? You really see VS maps as Spam?

Okay then. Please remove the dancing kitten gif from your sig. It is a waist of everybody's time. I mean WTF? Why would you take the time to make a dancing kitten cartoon on the computer to make everyone jealous when you don't have a cat of your own or are just too lazy to teach your own cat how to dance?

=

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: yes I know this probably should be in maps and scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauvros2
Locking this one down. Great way to tick off a lot of good contributing mambers sauvros2!! You will enjoy a very short stay here if you keep that up....

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion