Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 22nd, 2010, 07:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
The Zombie Hulk interests me. I vote Yes to review ZH.

(I'm also following all this other discussion with interest. I appreciate those of you that clarify the bases needed for a unit. That is helpful. Thanks.)
Thanks again to those who are trying to make the nominations as polished as possible.

dok, I'm still not understanding whether the Zombie Hulk is a single or double hex figure. Which is it?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here...
Hey DS, that was what Robb, dok and I were trying to determine...as luck would have it I received my Zombie Hulk figure Friday in the mail. So i was able to determine it probally would not fit on a Deathwalker base and dok agreed with my assessment.

In other words it should be a two-hex figure.
What he said.

I just finally got my hulks and D3, and I can verify everything above. The figure the Zombie Hulk most resembles in height, stance, and girth, is Major Q10.

Like Major Q10, you could theoretically put the Zombie Hulk on a D3 base if you didn't mind most of his feet hanging off the ends, but it would look strange and there's no compelling gameplay reason to do so.

So yes, double-hexed.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok then.

I'll vote yes to review Zombie Hulk. I'm a little worried about the pricing with the bonding power, but I'm uncertain & am looking forward to playtesting.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 23rd, 2010, 01:40 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

This is by far my best custom.
He fits well with existing Cards, is an easy sculpt to get (AB15 Crow Shaman)
Spoiler Alert!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post

This is by far my best custom.
He fits well with existing Cards, is an easy sculpt to get (AB15 Crow Shaman)
Spoiler Alert!
It took me a moment to get it . . .

Moving into the space of a destroyed enemy a la Chess is simple and elegant; why was it never employed before?! Seems like a Special Power for that perfect Ninja we're looking for.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:18 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

This looks like a fun unit, wriggz. I am however a bit concerned with the power of this unit. I'm reminded of TKN's Trample Stomp, with the ongoing ability to kill units over and over again. However, TKN has a huge price tag--and also has a lot of limitations (movement related).

Raven's Claw has a ranged version (though, yes, requiring the ability to successful kill a unit, not just roll a number), but this seems quite deadly. I can imagine the kind of horror he could inflict on the 10th, for example, bouncing through quite a few.

His defensive power is also powerful, though a tough roll to make very often. I am, though reminded (aside from the Microcorp) of Venom or Spiderman (though, yes, no swing line)--and they have higher costs as well. I can see him being quite effective--and with a form of bonding as well.

Anyhow, I vote NO to review Raven's Claw. I like the ideas, but I think the price tag is off--and I would very much like to see a limit to the Axe (3 seems good, unless the price tag goes up quite a bit). Just my thoughts, fwiw.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I can imagine the kind of horror he could inflict on the 10th, for example, bouncing through quite a few.
If you think that's bad, imagine the horror of this happening against the Ashigaru or Venocs.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:34 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yup, you're right kaiyu.

I thought of those examples *shudder* but I wanted to give an example that was more part of the peak of the metagame to show the issue more starkly. Being able to destroy units that are often considered lower tier is one thing, being able to destroy units that are fairly well regarded, that's something more.

Sure, this guy has to have some luck to really lay waste, but with 3 dice he could get on a roll and even make Heavies and Stingers and others fall awfully rapidly.

Anyhow, I do like the idea, but the unit just doesn't seem quite balanced yet.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Raven's Claw's mechanics are very interesting. I can see the comparison to Tor Kul Na, though RC is not limited (as much) by the placement of opposing figs as Tor Kul Na is. He also could *really* go on a tear through (a) low defense squads *or* (b) units that rely on special defenses (Krav, WoA, Nakitas, Mezzos) for survival.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that he could take down all or most of his point's worth of opposition on a single OM *and* simultaneously position himself in his opponent's start zone or, alternatively, some distance away from his opponent's remaining units with unrevealed OMs. Plus when he flames out he does not really cost an OM, because the OMs were on the Mohicans anyway, and now Brave Arrow can move instead.

I like the d20 survival power for this type of unit.

He has, as Wriggz said, some Brunak with Blood Frenzy, but also some Wolf of Badru with the moving attack, some Isamu with the vanish and move, some Tor Kul Na with the ability to kill as he moves. Like the best of Krysto's nominations, several great ideas in there but the final product does not appear to be balanced at the given point cost.

I like the mechanics and I think it would have been elegant to have 110 point heroes for the Mohicans and the Gladiators under review at the same time, but I'm going to vote no to Raven's Claw.

= =
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Not that killing him would be easy either with the 30% chance of ignoring all wounds every time he might die. I think both of his powers need more limitation especially with a bonding option making him as nasty as he could be. I'd say he has the potential to be more deadly in hit and run than Cyprien who is 40 more points and the vampire doesn't bond. I like the ideas but as is with that cost especially I'll have to say NO to Raven's Claw too.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Not that killing him would be easy either with the 30% chance of ignoring all wounds every time he might die. I think both of his powers need more limitation especially with a bonding option making him as nasty as he could be. I'd say he has the potential to be more deadly in hit and run than Cyprien who is 40 more points and the vampire doesn't bond. I like the ideas but as is with that cost especially I'll have to say NO to Raven's Claw too.
Whoa there, robbdaman. I had to double check & make sure my colleagues were not sneaking around behind my back.

Turns out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
SECTION 3: Self-governance
1. The Council will contain six to eight judges. The current judges are: 1Mmirg, DaddyScaper, Killometer, Lamaclown, nyys, ZBeeblebrox
Nope, the judges are still the same.

You are welcome (and encouraged!) to kibbitz with us, but don't confuse me by voting until you're a judge.

Still thinking about that Zombie Hulk, very thematic but I'm suspicious of the price...

= =
Old November 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Nonsense! I am judge, jury and executioner!!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As playtesting is the best criteria for points cost, shouldn't the points cost be irrelevant for deciding to review? Only after lots of playtesting can a point cost be accurately determined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs