Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 25th, 2021, 07:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Batman (Bat-Family) - waiting for initial

I like those suggestions.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 28th, 2021, 06:53 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Sorry for the delay in responding here @MrNobody , I wanted to go into it in depth but have been too busy to do so until now. I've already run one test (others will be tonight), and my first tweak was to simplify the triggers, so the powers activate at the same time. I changed the autowound power to occur right after the figure movement, that way Batman's abilities activate all in one swoop. This also simplifies Bat-Cave training a bit by no longer requiring a second figure nearby.

Quote:
Archie's planned change:
BAT-CAVE TRAINING 15
Once per player turn, after moving a Sidekick or Vigilante you control, you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of that Sidekick or Vigilante and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.
I have Bat-Family Movement worded the way I do to avoid the "no other turns" clause on all the Robins. I think your wording accomplishes that with the "immediately", but it also allows for any other special powers to be used during a turn. Which is handy so we don't have to call out Bat-Grapple, but it does allow stuff like Wonder Girl Donna's Amazon Lasso or the Bolas glyph to be used. So probably okay, but we'd have to be careful giving "instead of attacking" or "before moving and before attacking" powers to Vigilantes and Sidekicks in the future.

Quote:
Original wording:
BAT-FAMILY MOVEMENT
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Vigilante you control and before taking a turn with that Vigilante, you may choose another Sidekick or Vigilante you control. The chosen Sidekick or Vigilante may move or, if they have the Bat-Grapple special power, they may use it instead. The chosen figure may not move again this player turn.

Nobody's suggested wording:
BAT-FAMILY MOVEMENT
Immediately after revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Vigilante you control and before taking a turn with that Vigilante, you may take a turn with another Sidekick or Vigilante you control, during which they cannot attack. The chosen figure may not move again this player turn.
Old October 28th, 2021, 11:25 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks reasonable.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 29th, 2021, 12:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
So probably okay, but we'd have to be careful giving "instead of attacking" or "before moving and before attacking" powers to Vigilantes and Sidekicks in the future.
My thinking was that it was something that could be built upon with future Bat-Family designs, but it's probably not worth adding yet another design restriction/demand on the Sidekick class, yeah.
Old October 29th, 2021, 12:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh, and one more thought - which Vigilantes/Sidekicks have reactive dodge-y type powers? I think Robin (Dick Grayson) and the like will be really natural pairings here, since they let you use Bat-Cave Training on the other player's turns.
Old October 29th, 2021, 05:52 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Good catch, I should change that to only work on your player turn. Wasn’t meant to be a reactive thing.
Old November 7th, 2021, 12:28 AM
Archie

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Batman (Bat-Family)

Design tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Batman (Bat-Family) (230), Robin Dick, Robin Jason, Bat-Hound, Lucius Fox, Huntress, Batgirl Babs, Black Bat (1000) VS Fan4 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

I went ahead and made that change, so the d20 autowound occurs after moving. That keeps everything happening at the same time.

Design tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Batman (Bat-Family) (230), Robin Tim, Robin Damian, Ragman, Catwoman, Alfred (800) VS Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Punisher, Firestar, White Tiger (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Batman (Bat-Family) (230), Robin Dick, Azrael, Batgirl Cassandra, Batgirl Steph, Oracle, Nite Owl (1000) VS OG X-Men (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Batman makes the Vigilantes work quite well as a faction while retaining their factional identity. I had a lot of fun with him, though the faction does have a lot of moving parts so there’s a decent amount of head space required.

I don’t really think the d20 subtraction is necessary for this design (it’s one more thing to remember), so I’m going to cut that. I’m also moving I Am The Night to the bottom so it’s more clear that the movement from Bat-Family Movement can activate Bat-Cave Training’s autowounds.

Balance-wise, Batman is coming in a bit hot.

I’m also not sure the autowound power is necessarily needed. Batman provides a nice boost to his team with his other two powers. It probably would be cleaner to just let Bruce himself have an autowound power like Moon Knight’s. We could change that and bump his points a tad, and I think that’d be a solid tweak to him.
Old November 7th, 2021, 12:31 AM

So what’s the version you want to move forward with?

Old November 7th, 2021, 12:32 AM
Archie

So here's where I ended up. I think I'd like to ditch Bat-Cave Training and add an autowound power for Batman only. In addition to Batman making the Family overpowered, it's still a lot of powers to juggle when they activate every turn.
Quote:
BAT-FAMILY MOVEMENT
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Vigilante you control and before taking a turn with that Vigilante, you may choose another Sidekick or Vigilante you control. The chosen Sidekick or Vigilante may move or, if they have the Bat-Grapple special power, they may use it instead. The chosen figure may not move again this player turn.

BAT-CAVE TRAINING 15
Once on your player turn, after moving a Sidekick or Vigilante you control, you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of that Sidekick or Vigilante and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

I AM THE NIGHT
Batman is never attacked when leaving an engagement. All enemy figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Batman subtract 1 from their Defense numbers when attacked by a Sidekick or Vigilante you control.
Something like this:
BATARANG FLURRY 15
After moving and instead of attacking with Batman, you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Batman and roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, the chosen figure receives 1 wound. After using Batarang Flurry, you may use it two additional times.

Then I'd increase his points to like 250 and go from there.
Old November 7th, 2021, 12:40 AM

Is just the little bit of movement and -1 defense aura enough to drive those points?

Old November 7th, 2021, 12:49 AM
Archie

Yeah I think so. The movement means your bonding is consistent and you can utilize your non-attacking figures for blocking. It lets Batman move up for free which means your opponent is often fighting at -1 defense. And it has use in letting anyone reposition if the need arises. I did not expect it to be so useful but the Vigilantes really capitalize on it.

The free autowounds were handy but very unreliable, but it felt like too much when it was all part of the same package, and I preferred the -1 defense and movement synergies.
Old November 7th, 2021, 12:52 AM

Ok cool. Sounds good! Thanks for walking me through it. Excited for this guy!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library