Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 18th, 2014, 12:23 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Need interesting objectives for 10 player game

I cannot imagine all of you playing on one map. You will have to wait forever for your turn.

You could, however, split into 3's and 4's, and play on a couple of maps. Then at the end of the night see who did the most damage, and that's your winner.

What you need:
A bit of paper
A pencil
The rest of your stuff

How to play:
Every time you put a wound on something, calculate how much it's worth based on the card. One Krav Maga Agent = 33 points (100 points / 3 agents). One wound on Kaemon Awa = 30 points (120 points / 4 life). Every time Bob does damage, Bob should write it down. It doesn't matter if Bob is killed first at his board and the other 2 or 3 guys keep going; if Bob killed 1442 wound points worth of stuff, that's his score.

Got it? Good.

Play three rounds. You have two options for determining the evening's winner:

1. Whoever gets the most total points is the winner. I don't like this because it'll favor people who play on three player maps, because they get more turns.

2. Each round, whoever gets the most points on each map gets 4 points. Whoever comes in second gets 2 points. If it's a 4 player map, whoever comes in 3d gets 1 point.

At the end of the night, add up your victory points: if you came in 1st, 2d, and then 3d on a 4 player map, you get 4+2+1 = 7 points for the night. Whoever has the most points for the night is the winner. If you have a tie, you can settle it with total gross score (add up total points for each round).

I run tournaments this way. It's super fun, and very social. If you're interested in reading examples of how it might go, follow the link in my sig to Battle Reports, and follow the links in the OP to any tournament called "Multiplayer," they're all in this format.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 18th, 2014, 01:16 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't know how well this would work with the specified number, but you could play an alliance system in which each player cannot attack the players that started/are seated next to him/her. When one player has only his/her 'neighbors' remaining, he/she wins. This leads to some interesting politics & is an amazing way to ruin friendships, which solves your need for 10-player objectives

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old November 18th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I have tired multiple 2 player games on one large map. Each pair plays their own game, but they cannot occupy a space of an another figure. If you divide into teams, they leaving engagement swipes apply (you still can't directly attack the other players figures). When a one person is eliminated from each team, the victors start fighting it out.

It is really great, and there is little downtime. Best part is when you are eliminated the other games are almost over and you are kinda invested in watching anyway since you want to see the guy who beat you fall.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 18th, 2014, 08:53 AM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
King of the hill would probably be the best game mode, imho. Maybe build a stage where you utilize the castle or dungeon tiles in the middle, spice it up with some glyphs or other bonuses and fight over it.
Typically holding objectives or capturing flags is your best bet, but with 10 players a free-for-all frenzy is difficult to avoid. 5vs5 cap the flags with 10 flags total? Idunno.
There's been all sorts of game modes invented over the years in all sorts of games, so there's really no limit to what you could borrow ideas from (how about Search & Destroy? Defuse a bomb? Maybe not that one...)
Yes, king of the hill seems like the best option yet. My friends are very into the theme of heroscape, as am I, so defuse a bomb moght not be very popular with them lol, unless I had a ton of microcorp agents xD
Old November 18th, 2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I have tired multiple 2 player games on one large map. Each pair plays their own game, but they cannot occupy a space of an another figure. If you divide into teams, they leaving engagement swipes apply (you still can't directly attack the other players figures). When a one person is eliminated from each team, the victors start fighting it out.

It is really great, and there is little downtime. Best part is when you are eliminated the other games are almost over and you are kinda invested in watching anyway since you want to see the guy who beat you fall.
I think this mode is the best for addressing the down time problem, thanks!
Old November 18th, 2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I cannot imagine all of you playing on one map. You will have to wait forever for your turn.

You could, however, split into 3's and 4's, and play on a couple of maps. Then at the end of the night see who did the most damage, and that's your winner.

What you need:
A bit of paper
A pencil
The rest of your stuff

How to play:
Every time you put a wound on something, calculate how much it's worth based on the card. One Krav Maga Agent = 33 points (100 points / 3 agents). One wound on Kaemon Awa = 30 points (120 points / 4 life). Every time Bob does damage, Bob should write it down. It doesn't matter if Bob is killed first at his board and the other 2 or 3 guys keep going; if Bob killed 1442 wound points worth of stuff, that's his score.

Got it? Good.

Play three rounds. You have two options for determining the evening's winner:

1. Whoever gets the most total points is the winner. I don't like this because it'll favor people who play on three player maps, because they get more turns.

2. Each round, whoever gets the most points on each map gets 4 points. Whoever comes in second gets 2 points. If it's a 4 player map, whoever comes in 3d gets 1 point.

At the end of the night, add up your victory points: if you came in 1st, 2d, and then 3d on a 4 player map, you get 4+2+1 = 7 points for the night. Whoever has the most points for the night is the winner. If you have a tie, you can settle it with total gross score (add up total points for each round).

I run tournaments this way. It's super fun, and very social. If you're interested in reading examples of how it might go, follow the link in my sig to Battle Reports, and follow the links in the OP to any tournament called "Multiplayer," they're all in this format.
Thanks for the input! We might try this format out, seems like it would work pretty well!
Old November 18th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

If you all try to play on a single map, you will not finish the game. I guarantee it.

Whatever you decide, please do us the favor of letting us know how it went. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we're curious to know what works and what doesn't, when we offer advice.

Thanks!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 18th, 2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
I don't know how well this would work with the specified number, but you could play an alliance system in which each player cannot attack the players that started/are seated next to him/her. When one player has only his/her 'neighbors' remaining, he/she wins. This leads to some interesting politics & is an amazing way to ruin friendships, which solves your need for 10-player objectives
Lol, thats a pretty unique gamemode, I think that would just turn into an extreme suicide race xD
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
If you all try to play on a single map, you will not finish the game. I guarantee it.

Whatever you decide, please do us the favor of letting us know how it went. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we're curious to know what works and what doesn't, when we offer advice.

Thanks!
Ok, I'll make sure to that!
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:09 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I once played a 4v4 team game on a giant map. The map was a modified Dawn Attack at the Cove. 500 point armies Marvel figures allowed. The game took 4 hours (not including map setup and drafting).

It was amazingly fun. We did have one person get bored with waiting in between turns though. I believe they played NES (SMB2) in between waiting.
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
I once played a 4v4 team game on a giant map. The map was a modified Dawn Attack at the Cove. 500 point armies Marvel figures allowed. The game took 4 hours (not including map setup and drafting).

It was amazingly fun. We did have one person get bored with waiting in between turns though. I believe they played NES (SMB2) in between waiting.
I used to play games of 3v3 wih my siblings, and it was always insanely fun, the only problem was the downtime. But back then I we didnt have a Wii. So this time I think we'll probably get in a bunch of games of wii bowling or golf along the way if anyone gets bored, so it'll probably all work out.
Old November 18th, 2014, 01:29 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Kill The Person To The Left!!!

First person to kill the person to the left wins. This is fun even in 3-player games, I can't imagine how it would be in a 10+ player game.

This keeps the game short and still very much fun! You have to run away from the guy to your right while trying to kill the person to your left (who is doing the same).

Remember that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". That means the person in front of the guy to your left and behind the guy to your right are your allies (theoretically). You'll want to have some figures to drop back and keep the guy to your right occupied while you go after the guy to your left (with such big armies this shouldn't be a problem).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion