Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 29th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom
The list is fantastic; thanks for putting it together and keeping it current. Su-Bak-Na noted on page 1 how relatively few special attacks there are. I'd be curious to note how many abilities apply only to normal attacks (i.e. - Drake's Thorian Speed or the WoA's Defensive Agility). Is there a list of this or should I take it on as a personal task? (feel free to flame me if there is a list and I'm to lazy to have checked for it)
You can check the List of Lists HERE.

There isn't a list such as you've suggested, but if you'll make one and agree to keep it up, I'll happily add your list to the list of lists. (don't try to say that fast)
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom
The list is fantastic; thanks for putting it together and keeping it current. Su-Bak-Na noted on page 1 how relatively few special attacks there are. I'd be curious to note how many abilities apply only to normal attacks (i.e. - Drake's Thorian Speed or the WoA's Defensive Agility). Is there a list of this or should I take it on as a personal task? (feel free to flame me if there is a list and I'm to lazy to have checked for it)
You can check the List of Lists HERE.

There isn't a list such as you've suggested, but if you'll make one and agree to keep it up, I'll happily add your list to the list of lists. (don't try to say that fast)
Thank you! I've put it together (still doesn't look very pretty, but, then again, neither do I) and will be glad to keep it up. This is one of my favorite things to catch opponents on, nasty little bugger that I am. Here's the link: http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...=359862#388397
Old August 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Nadom, you're indexed; thanks. You might want to rename (edit in your first post) the title to "Defense against Normal Attacks - Definitive List" if you'd like consistent style with the other list titles.

Thanks, again, for your list.
Old August 30th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Will do; thanks, Rev.
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:32 AM

Re: Special Attacks -- Definitive List

Updated with Waves 8 and 8.5.
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:32 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It has already been noted how not many cards have special attacks and I thought I would figure a percentage.

As of today, there are 27 cards with special attacks and 144 cards in total (counting the door).

27/144 = 18.75%

If you don't want to count the door:
27/143 is about 18.88%

I guess it just seems higher because these cards see a lot of play time.

Last edited by Obsidian; May 19th, 2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Aldin's post below
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
It has already been noted how not many cards have special attacks and I thought I would figure a percentage.

As of today, there are 27 cards with special powers and 144 cards in total (counting the door).

27/144 = 18.75%

If you don't want to count the door:
27/143 is about 18.88%

I guess it just seems higher because these cards see a lot of play time.
Fixed.

~Aldin, powerlessly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Well, it shouldn't be that ubiquitous. If everyone had special attacks, they wouldn't be very special, would they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Well, it shouldn't be that ubiquitous. If everyone had special attacks, they wouldn't be very special, would they?
Mr. Incredible: You mean you killed off real heroes so that you could *pretend* to be one?
Syndrome: Oh, I'm real. Real enough to defeat you! And I did it without your precious gifts, your oh-so-special powers. I'll give them heroics. I'll give them the most spectacular heroics the world has ever seen! And when I'm old and I've had my fun, I'll sell my inventions so that *everyone* can have powers. *Everyone* can be super! And when everyone's super--
[chuckles evilly]
Syndrome: --no one will be.

~Aldin, with thanks to IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317705/quotes

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Mr. Incredible: You mean you killed off real heroes so that you could *pretend* to be one?
Syndrome: Oh, I'm real. Real enough to defeat you! And I did it without your precious gifts, your oh-so-special powers. I'll give them heroics. I'll give them the most spectacular heroics the world has ever seen! And when I'm old and I've had my fun, I'll sell my inventions so that *everyone* can have powers. *Everyone* can be super! And when everyone's super--
[chuckles evilly]
Syndrome: --no one will be.

~Aldin, with thanks to IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317705/quotes
At least we can be grateful that Syndrome doesn't have special attacks, only special powers

Old May 19th, 2009, 01:05 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

For the stats above, it seems that you guys used 27 cards, while the first post lists 28 figures.

The stats with 28 figures:

28/144: 19.44

28/143: 19.58

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
For the stats above, it seems that you guys used 27 cards, while the first post lists 28 figures.

The stats with 28 figures:

28/144: 19.44

28/143: 19.58
Major Q10 has 2 special attacks. 27 is the number of cards with special attacks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's