Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 8th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Ok I see now, in the regular area it only shows RSVPs made after my changes, but in the Manage Events admin area it shows all the RSVPs. I will have to check on the database and code later to see why this is.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old November 8th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
I was wrong and phase shifted for bit, but I've got it figured out.

A doble RSVP adds you to the event linked from the home page, but then creates a phantom event of the same name in your "My RSVP" page ... in the future (6 months). I deleted the actual event and was lost for a while, but now I'm found.
Old November 8th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Another thing to keep in mind, for the most part only those of us whom are most active will be planning events. So once we master the setting up of events we'll be in better shape.

I think Fun is really on the right path here with the making it plain that you have to register for the events section to participate (RSVP).

I think many forum members lose sight of the fact that they only account for about 20% of all visitors of the site. Sure they visit the most, but they are not the majority. Not too many people have mastered the art of forum navigation. I remember my first visit to a public forum was quite disorienting and off putting. If I wouldn't have by pure accident stumbled on Atarak's cards on .net and got excited about the idea I never would have bothered with the site, thinking its not for me.

That is why when I took over the site I wanted to make it accessible to average joes. Thus the front page articles. (P.S. if you fancy yourself a writer PM me about the possibility of writing front page articles I'd like the thing to update more and find myself pressed for time.) And now the events section. A listing of upcoming events, when we get the kinks worked out and make it a pleasant experience, will help to include that other 80% of site patrons.

If you'll be patient with us I think all of our events will benefit. If you are too lazy to put your name in an auto-approve database... (I wish you didn't have to, but until a code writing god send shows up who can rebuild the back-end of the site without killing the front end you'll have to spend the 60 seconds it takes to fill out a couple fields)

Not to mention more is coming to the event section as well. Standardized methods of setting up events, event checklists, and other such tools to help facilitate the running of events. I also hope to engage a fun point system, whereby event winners receive recognition and "points" for their victory. The number of points hinging on the number of attendees to the event. I hope to do a full standings board, which will hopefully give a ballpark of who the top players are around the nation. I think it'll be a fun little addition to really help fill out heroscapers as event planning central for Heroscape.

If more people will be like Saytr (understanding and adaptive) and less like Reaper (condescending and a complete ****), I think we'll really be able to work together to make this thing take off.

Any other ideas about helping to make heroscapers a fun and happening place for heroscape events are more than welcome here.
Old November 8th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Any other ideas about helping to make heroscapers a fun and happening place for heroscape events are more than welcome here.
By saying to put comments "here" truth really meant this other thread: DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas

Unless your comment is about the Events page, put those comments in this thread.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old November 8th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun
I got a similar error when I tried to put an apostrophe in a title of one of the categories. Most likely this is caused by some sort of character or combination thereof that the system doesn't like. That database is totally separate from the forums, so the p-s-y thing is not a factor to my knowledge.
I thought the apostrophe was doing it at first, but I dropped it and it still did it. I'll try a caveman style posting and see how it goes.
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
the new Event app looks good to me. better than the old Registration threads, imo.

i want to establish a regular HS gaming group, so this new calendar-based app is great for this. otherwise, i would've had to manually reset the same Registration thread every two weeks.

thanks Truth (and staff) for the new feature!
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Okay, so I'm sorry to those who lost thier info on who registered to thier events. Later tonight I'm going to bring back the event mod long enough for me to go through and mark who was registered for each event in thier threads and then take it back down again.
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Okay, so I'm sorry to those who lost thier info on who registered to thier events. Later tonight I'm going to bring back the event mod long enough for me to go through and mark who was registered for each event in thier threads and then take it back down again.
Don't worry about doing this hassle with my thread for our March event. I was just using it to guage interest (A nifty feature of the old system).

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Don't worry about doing this hassle with my thread for our March event. I was just using it to guage interest (A nifty feature of the old system).
Yeah, but I think a gague of interest can be accomplished with a poll on the current system. No?
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, but I think a gague of interest can be accomplished with a poll on the current system. No?
It can but you do not know who is for and who is against etc..No biggie though. You know I loved that danged event reg system so much... I am missing it

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It can but you do not know who is for and who is against etc..No biggie though. You know I loved that danged event reg system so much... I am missing it
Ah... I see. Well not much I can do about it, it was killing our site.
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Help! My NorCal Gameday event does not have the RSVP feature anymore. What is going on?
There were two separate event windows for our Gameday in the EVents section. I went to delete one last night and lost both.

Arrrr.

I started a new one and had myself RSVPed for it. I linked twice to this window in our NorCal thread.

I checked it this morning. No RSVP feature. No HEH registered for it as well.

Arrrgh!

Any suggestiong?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events