Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units

Old November 19th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: AoA units, classic style (incl. Revna and Volarak templa

Yes, go ahead and make a thread for the character. I or any other admin or moderator can make any changes that need to made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 19th, 2022, 07:03 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Done!
Old November 20th, 2022, 09:26 PM

Avendoram is surprisingly tart

Honestly as much as I disliked the way the reboot was going, I didn't hate the idea of another antagonistic Valkyrie. Utgar gets WAY too much stuff, and while Valkrill helped diversify it for C3V I wouldn't mind making some custom Revna cards for personal use. If it would be possible to add the two new Valkyrie generals to this creator I know I and others would really appreciate it. (https://www.heroscapers.com/xorlof/x2cc/) I also wouldn't mind new C3V figures for the new generals either.

While I understand the sort of figure Revna would get, more antagonistic parasites, aliens, bugs, world conquering things. I don't fully understand what Volarak would have that Ullar wouldn't. I guess they never made it clear what sort of races and figures he would have other than the moles or tree people and centaurs, but C3V put the two latter towards Ullar originally.

Aquilla's Alliance? Oh, you mean Proxy Figures the game!
Old November 20th, 2022, 09:58 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avendoram View Post
If it would be possible to add the two new Valkyrie generals to this creator I know I and others would really appreciate it. (https://www.heroscapers.com/xorlof/x2cc/)
I would... but I have no control over Xorlof's program, its option to accept a custom template has been broken for as long as I've known about it, and to the best of my knowledge there isn't a convenient place in the source code to simply slot in a new image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avendoram View Post
I don't fully understand what Volarak would have that Ullar wouldn't. I guess they never made it clear what sort of races and figures he would have other than the moles or tree people and centaurs, but C3V put the two latter towards Ullar originally.
She's a lot more interested in special weaponry, both of the technological kind (such as what the Vorids use) and the magical kind (such as the staffs she personally forges for her own Dryans).
Old November 22nd, 2022, 02:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just FYI - Fia Bonny's Master of Disguise power differs from what is on the Character Compendium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 22nd, 2022, 03:05 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Noted. Fixed.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 12:09 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cornelius Breech was changed from Derelict Prince to Blackguard Prince, with no comma between "Breech" and "the."

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 23rd, 2022, 02:42 PM

In other words, I thought this all through from the get-go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Cornelius Breech was changed from Derelict Prince to Blackguard Prince, with no comma between "Breech" and "the."
The commas are a bit of an oddity. You'll note that even for those units whose names don't make grammatical sense without a comma (e.g. "Scavorith, Lord of Ruin"), the Army Cards have a line break instead-- although whenever the name is forced to appear on a single line, there is a comma. I've followed that example when space allows for it, but in Cornelius's case, the name simply wouldn't fit if I put a line break before the "the".

As for whether it's "Derelict" or "Blackguard"... Both names are in use. To this day, Cornelius's Haslab render is captioned with "Derelict", even after the page was updated with his "Blackguard" Army Card. Between the two, I chose to go with "Derelict" because it fits the other pirates' nautically themed epithets and, more importantly, because "Blackguard" wouldn't fit on my card otherwise.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 08:06 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Might I suggest you drop the 'the'...

Cornnelius
Breech
Derelict Prince

I prefer derelict over blackguard...it sounds more colourful.
That drops both the 'the' and the comma. Although I do like saying the 'the'.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 23rd, 2022 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Just a thought...every know and again a spark leaps to mind...not often granted...
Old November 24th, 2022, 01:00 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll go ahead and claim Thyraxis Dragoon's book

edit: whoops wrong thread
Old December 1st, 2022, 10:15 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Anitar,

1. Are you planning on making any changes to these wonderful cards soon? If not I can go ahead and print them out. I guess these are in final form more or less, whereas your unreavealed cards on the other thread are more subject to change.

For example, I know someone asked if you can do a version where they are loyal to just the old Generals Ullar and Valkrill. Since it looks like we won't be getting any more AOA cards except for the unrevealed (and perhaps later the Kyries and the SOTM Heroes) I kind of favor this idea myself, unless C3V decides to incorporate the new Generals). (Of course, one can play them either way whatever they cards say; I just don't want to spend the ink and have them all change on me).

2. Are you planning to work on the AOA Kyries and SOTM 2.0/3.0 as well? Since you've done such a great job, there's no point in me doing that for now, I'd just as soon print yours out and have a go, if you're going to do them.

3. I'm very low tech and had to figure out how to print these out. For those other low techies that have not tried to do that yet, I find you can go up to the OP, click on "Thread Tools," and then hit "Show Printable Version," which ought to do it. Is this the best way?

Thanks for all your work. You sure banged them out fast! I see in your thread on the unrevealed cards that we agreed on Zed Nesbitt's approximate point cost and some of his general power effects (I'd posted my own up card for him to get us started, since he's the unrevealed card I most want to proxy, but don't have the ability to make nice cards like you do).
Old December 1st, 2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Anitar,

1. Are you planning on making any changes to these wonderful cards soon? If not I can go ahead and print them out. I guess these are in final form more or less, whereas your unreavealed cards on the other thread are more subject to change.

For example, I know someone asked if you can do a version where they are loyal to just the old Generals Ullar and Valkrill. Since it looks like we won't be getting any more AOA cards except for the unrevealed (and perhaps later the Kyries and the SOTM Heroes) I kind of favor this idea myself, unless C3V decides to incorporate the new Generals). (Of course, one can play them either way whatever they cards say; I just don't want to spend the ink and have them all change on me).
This thread is a representation of the units we know about, in the form we know about. The only thing I see that might be improved upon is rearranging the group shots of the Squad figures so they're not all in a straight line... but I don't think I have the resources to do that, so it's not happening in the foreseeable future.

Short version: Go ahead, use them, have fun, and don't expect further changes.

Quote:
2. Are you planning to work on the AOA Kyries and SOTM 2.0/3.0 as well? Since you've done such a great job, there's no point in me doing that for now, I'd just as soon print yours out and have a go, if you're going to do them.
It'd be nice... but we really don't know much of anything about the new kyrie. Any attempt I could make at representing them would be no different from completely original Kyrie Warriors, so there's no point.

The stretch goals, though, I probably can work with. Thanks for reminding me of that; they've kind of totally slipped my mind.

Quote:
3. I'm very low tech and had to figure out how to print these out. For those other low techies that have not tried to do that yet, I find you can go up to the OP, click on "Thread Tools," and then hit "Show Printable Version," which ought to do it. Is this the best way?
Beats me. I haven't been printing stuff either.

Quote:
Thanks for all your work. You sure banged them out fast! I see in your thread on the unrevealed cards that we agreed on Zed Nesbitt's approximate point cost and some of his general power effects (I'd posted my own up card for him to get us started, since he's the unrevealed card I most want to proxy, but don't have the ability to make nice cards like you do).
You do have that ability. The only tools I'm using that weren't already publically available are the Revna and Volarak templates... which I've made available right here. Everything else is just MSE, and any image editor that can do transparency and magic-wand selection.

(Of course, I recognize the difference between "you have the ability" and "you have the know-how"; clean up your power wording and then send me a request, and I'll give your version a go.)

Fun fact: Your Zed is actually what got me started on "The Missing Seven". I saw what you had, and was basically like "Okay, that's one possibility; but would we have a better Zed if I took him in this other direction instead?"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units