Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 2nd, 2018, 02:55 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

It does open up design space on Heroes, but there's no tangible difference on a squaddie.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 2nd, 2018, 02:58 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Doesn't Shrug Off only trigger when exactly one wound would happen, whereas Tough is an extra shield regardless? Seems quite different to me.

Edit. Ah, but it's a squad power. I get it now. Would be great on a hero!

Last edited by ollie; December 2nd, 2018 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Emoticon pun 100% intended.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 03:07 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
2 defense actually seems too low for Masha. He is wearing armor.
He's wearing about the same amount of armor as the Kozuke with two swords or the Tagawa Samurai Archers, but with more gaps in it. Overall, the intent is that his armor is lighter than other Samurai (other than the Izumi and Tagawa only wearing robes) and he spends less time focusing on defense than trying to cut people down.

While it was a change made for gameplay, I've also admittedly never been bothered by a difference between 2-3 defense or the like. I'm curious if it bothers others as well.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 03:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Not a fan of Masha's card. I don't see him as more lightly armored than other Samurai at all. Being a Hero with 6 Life tempers that somewhat, though. His power set also could use improvement. Flaming Fiery Retribution (better name, IMO) shores up a nice weakness of Samurai, but most of them are Squads and won't like Awakened Fear. I think it's a winner if it only affects Common Squads.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 2nd, 2018, 04:16 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Not a fan of Masha's card. I don't see him as more lightly armored than other Samurai at all. Being a Hero with 6 Life tempers that somewhat, though. His power set also could use improvement. Flaming Fiery Retribution (better name, IMO) shores up a nice weakness of Samurai, but most of them are Squads and won't like Awakened Fear. I think it's a winner if it only affects Common Squads.
I agree on Fiery Retribution being a better name; I'll change it on my next pass through the card.

He was actually designed to also affect the Samurai with Awakened Fear from the start, though. They benefit from the attack nerf more than the opponent will thanks to Counter Strike (and the player having more control over when it is active), so I'm hesitant to essentially make it a free buff for them. Granted, that was before I added the Order Marker restriction and the Unique Squads already aren't the strongest, but I don't want him to feel like some forced bandaid for the Samurai, and I found that adding in an additional cost to using him was a thematic way of preventing that.

In terms of gameplay, I've also found it to be more interesting to have that cost associated with using Masha. It forces the player to more carefully plan where they want to leave him and where to place their Order Markers, which I found to be really fun in practice. I'll have to think more about dropping the Unique Squads from his aura and how that would affect the decision-making process.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 05:54 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I dislike the Aura for -1 attack, this is already on Gothlok.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 06:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Gothlok is -1 defence, very different. Also, just because figures have a single power in common (or similar) doesn't make the unit redundant - hell, look at Guilty!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 2nd, 2018, 06:05 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Doesn't Shrug Off only trigger when exactly one wound would happen, whereas Tough is an extra shield regardless? Seems quite different to me.

Edit. Ah, but it's a squad power. I get it now. Would be great on a hero!
Even though they have 1 life, squaddies can still receive 1 or more wounds. Look at the wording of the Mohicans and other similar powers on squaddies. It wouldn’t make sense unless they could receive more than 1 wound.

Quote:
If a Mohican River Tribesman is targeted and receives one or more wounds from an attacking figure...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; December 2nd, 2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 06:08 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Gothlok is -1 defence, very different. Also, just because figures have a single power in common (or similar) doesn't make the unit redundant - hell, look at Guilty!
It isn't "Very" different, it has the same end effect for all non-Valkrill squad figures as Gothlok.

Old December 2nd, 2018, 06:13 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
It isn't "Very" different, it has the same end effect for all non-Valkrill squad figures as Gothlok.
I'm sorry, what? -1 attack and -1 defence are completely different effects. Saying otherwise is basically arguing that Raelin and Taelord convey similar bonuses.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 2nd, 2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
I'm sorry, what? -1 attack and -1 defence are completely different affects. Saying otherwise is basically arguing that Raelin and Taelord convey similar bonuses.
Ha! totally mixed those two up. My bad, carry on.

Old December 2nd, 2018, 08:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Even though they have 1 life, squaddies can still receive 1 or more wounds. Look at the wording of the Mohicans and other similar powers on squaddies. It wouldn’t make sense unless they could receive more than 1 wound.
Yes, but for a squad figure the effect is no different from Tough. Whereas for a hero figure, the effect would be to negate 1-wound attacks while having no effect on 2+ wound attacks.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards