Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old May 17th, 2007, 12:54 PM

Chameleon has disabled reputation
Dragon Party!

Here's a photo of a party with my dragon friends.

I'm the big blue dragon in the upper left.
Old May 29th, 2007, 05:20 PM

I have some new pets roaming about on my island. hehehe. Come see!
Old June 2nd, 2007, 12:31 AM

oogiezone Woo who?
For one of the classes I took last semester, we were required to create a second life acct and download it. Then we (as a class of over a hundred people) were all suppossed to sign on simultaneously and play a series of soccer games. then we had to write a paper about our Second Life experience. Almost half the class never even made it into Second Life or got off Orientation Island, and I have to say I was really dissappointed with it. As soon as I got my grades I uninstalled it, and really didn't ever plan on going back. So tell me, am I just missing something? Or am I letting one bad experience bias my judgement of the environment and should I give it another try?
Old June 2nd, 2007, 12:38 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by oogiezone
For one of the classes I took last semester, we were required to create a second life acct and download it. Then we (as a class of over a hundred people) were all suppossed to sign on simultaneously and play a series of soccer games. then we had to write a paper about our Second Life experience. Almost half the class never even made it into Second Life or got off Orientation Island, and I have to say I was really dissappointed with it. As soon as I got my grades I uninstalled it, and really didn't ever plan on going back. So tell me, am I just missing something? Or am I letting one bad experience bias my judgement of the environment and should I give it another try?
Let me just say that I completely skipped Orientation Island and only went there once for the free stuff they have at the end.

6 x 9 = 42

Old June 3rd, 2007, 11:36 AM

oogiezone Woo who?
I never got any free stuff! What a rip-off! The biggest problem that I had, was once I got off Orientation Island, you go to a new island before you actually can get the the entire Second Life world. Once I figured THAT out, and got into the whole world, I was unable to teleport to the coordinates set up by my professor. I kept teleporting into a building that was really dark, and I couldn't see to get out of the building, and kept walking into things. I couldn't get my character to move around the obstacles that I couldn't see. Also, my computer kept freaking out when I opened the window to change her appearance, so I couldn't do that either.

I think I might have enjoyed it more if #1, there had been some comprehensive instructions on how to use the technology. As someone who is not vey technologically inclined, it is very frustrating to just "see what happens." #2, it hadn't been something that was required. The fact that my professor even assigned this was ridiculous. He took what might have been something fun and turned it into somehting that pissed us all off and made us hate the experience.
Old June 5th, 2007, 02:23 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Re: Dragon Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon
Here's a photo of a party with my dragon friends.

I'm the big blue dragon in the upper left.
Cham,... Have you ever even played Heroscape?

Old June 13th, 2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oogiezone
I never got any free stuff! What a rip-off!
I have so much free stuff, it's coming out my ears, and I still haven't gotten through all of it. Send me an IM and I'll send you a landmark. There's free stuff all over the place, and it's not going away.

Second Life is graphics intensive, and it looks to me some of the problems you're experience may be due to having a low-end PC, or maybe a slow network connection.

I'm having such a blast on Second Life!
Old June 14th, 2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
Let me just say that I completely skipped Orientation Island and only went there once for the free stuff they have at the end.
Hey brickman, we need to hookup in Second Life.
Old June 14th, 2007, 06:56 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
Hey brickman, we need to hookup in Second Life.
yeah, when are you usually on?

6 x 9 = 42

Old June 15th, 2007, 12:16 PM

I'm usually on in the evenings.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:13 PM

I'm on Second Life on a regular basis, if anyone wants to hookup.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games