Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 9th, 2021, 12:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Wow, I am a little surprised you beat lonewolf when he had a 'tron army.
You must be really good.

Wait that cannot be Glads x17. x1 I am going to guess.
Old August 9th, 2021, 12:25 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Wow, I am a little surprised you beat lonewolf when he had a 'tron army.
You must be really good.

Wait that cannot be Glads x17. x1 I am going to guess.
Major X17

It was a draft so he doesn’t necessarily get the trons. Plus there was a lot of built in counters to his trons in his pool.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 9th, 2021, 12:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Right on. Grats.
I played lonewolf in a tron on tron battle at Gen Con and he absolutely wiped the floor with me.
I should have taken his offer to just have a roll off to decide the winner.
Old August 9th, 2021, 07:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

We did get in a game of Outer Rim this weekend and tried the rules adjustment out I had previously discussed (move patrol ships when cycling cards). It was certainly a noticeable change. Multiple patrol ships were soon in the middle of the arc area and impacting the game some. At one point I was worried I was going to get stuck encountering the same patrol two turns in a row, but by the time it was my turn again it had moved out of my way. I noticed one player was factoring the potential patrol craft move into their decision on which card (if any) to cycle, which I thought was interesting. Since some of the supply decks are more likely to have the move symbol than others, you could try to move (or not move) a patrol ship that is parked in a key spot. Game came down to the wire with everyone 1-2 turns away from winning when one guy hit his rolls and won. Had he failed on his mission, the very next guy had a chance to win on his turn. I only needed 2 turns myself, no dice rolls needed, to win. Earlier in the game it took me 3 tries to capture one of my Bounties and that is what made the difference. All in all, I think it was a good change and one we will continue to use.

I'd love to get an expansion for this game that completed the ring. Between the Mandalorean's first 2 seasons, Solo, and a few other pulls I don't think it would be difficult. Lots of characters and locations available.
Old August 10th, 2021, 09:39 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tried zombiecide 2nd edition for the first time this weekend and had a blast!!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old August 16th, 2021, 07:43 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

All four of us loved our first play of Ankh: Gods of Egypt, the third game in the Eric M. Lang myth trilogy. I'm currently solitairing a 3 Player of my new Empires of the Stars to learn the game.

And this month I'm hosting HEROSCAPE on three dates, instead of the usual one. Ishmel ran a great time for the first one when we played two games with four players. Now for our second date Kolakoski will run the game this Wednesday, for which we have 4-5 players so far.

I'll be GM for our final date at the end of the month. This grand finale will be a mini tournament with several boards being played at once; we have four players lined up for that so far Saturday August 28, and can take 2-4 more if you are interested. For details, and if you can join us, see the NYCG4 link down there in my signature.
Old August 17th, 2021, 05:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Sounds like fun!
Old August 31st, 2021, 11:47 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

August gaming:

Cloudspire x 2
Roll for Adventure x 4
Godtear x 4
Marvel Champions x 4
Zombicide
Aliens Legendary x 3
Last Night on Earth
Maximum Apocalypse
Myth
Descent "3rd" edition
Heroscape x 12
LotR: LCG x 22
Too Many Bones x 2
Mansions of Madness
Marvel United
Hexplore It x 3
King of Tokyo
Guess in 10
Magic the Gathering x 4
Dragon Slayer
Tiny Epic Defenders
Kids Create Absurdity

Old September 2nd, 2021, 03:48 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Heroscaping went well in August all three times; for details see the NYCG4 thread in my signature.

I have played three games of Ankh now, my biggest Kickstarter ever, and love the design. Have done 3 and 4 Player, and expect 2 Player soon. Its the only Eric Lang Myth Series game that works at that count.

Our first Empire of the Stars was washed out by tropical storm Henri, but should happen soon.

At the end of the month or so The Great Wall should be here, and as giant as Ankh! Reviewers are giving it a thumbs up. TGW also has museum quality components in quantity. It will be my first design from Awaken Realms.
Old September 14th, 2021, 02:09 PM

While The Great Wall has been delayed, my Rurik: Dawn of Kiev Stone and Blade Expansion surged ahead in the China Shipping Lottery, and has arrived. I've prepared it for play. Then I reboxed Ankh from its original six boxes down to four. This was always my aim, since my Blood Rage lives in two boxes and my Rising Sun in three. Ankh continues the series growth in size for each game. I waited a month to get the input of how other BGG posters were handling the task, since everyone has different tolerances and plans for their own game. I copied some ideas others had, and also used some of my own.

Last edited by chas; September 16th, 2021 at 09:42 AM.
Old September 14th, 2021, 04:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
While The Great Wall has been delayed, my Rurik: Dawn of Kiev Stone and Blade Expansion surged ahead in the China Shipping Lottery, and has arrived. I've prepared it for play. Then I reboxed Ankh from its original six boxes down to four. This was always my aim, since my Blood Rage lives in two boxes and my Rising Sun in three. Ankh continues the series growth in size for each game. I waited a month to get the input of how other BGG posters were handling the task, since everyone has different tolerances and plans for their own game. I copied some ideas others had, and also used some of my own.
I've lately been using my 3d Printing and modeling skills to make token and card storage for different board games and wargames making setup and take down easier and trying to make the storage solutions better as well. The big part about CMON games I have a problem with is getting everything to fit back in the boxes once the cardboard Chits have been punched.
Old October 2nd, 2021, 08:05 AM

September gaming:

Too Many Bones x 2
Heroscape x 12
Flash Point
Dungeon Mayhem
Bang! The dice game
The Game of Things
Warfighter
Marvel Champions x 12
Street Masters x 5
Pathfinder ACG x 2
Lotr LCG x 3
Magic the Gathering x 3
Aliens Legendary
Marvel Legendary x 3
Ashes x 4

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games