Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old June 18th, 2020, 07:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Workbook of Cave Troll - Design (Fellowship A)

I don't think we decided definitely. For now we should do it figure by figure. Bring it up in the general discussion thread

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 23rd, 2020, 06:09 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 23rd, 2020, 07:02 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Thank you for starting on this Shiftrex. This kind of thing is the un-glamorous hard work that makes these projects tick and be successful in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
8. Are any of the powers conditional on a future event? Is that future event inevitable or avoidable?

Yes, both powers
I think you may have misunderstood the question. I believe this is to address powers like the Kozuke Samurai's Charging Assault, which has a condition in the future (must end its move engaged) that it might activate the power and then fail to fulfill (by being killed by disengagement or leaving engagement attack, or getting caught in a cyberclaw, etc.)

Thankfully I *believe* the answer is "no" on both counts.

EDIT: I also ninja'd in the change to CAVE DWELLER that we discussed in the orc thread: only 1 bonus movement space.

--
--
--

--
Old June 23rd, 2020, 07:04 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Thank you for starting on this Shiftrex. This kind of thing is the un-glamorous hard work that makes these projects tick and be successful in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
8. Are any of the powers conditional on a future event? Is that future event inevitable or avoidable?

Yes, both powers
I think you may have misunderstood the question. I believe this is to address powers like the Kozuke Samurai's Charging Assault, which has a condition in the future (must end its move engaged) that it might activate the power and then fail to fulfill (by being killed by disengagement or leaving engagement attack, or getting caught in a cyberclaw, etc.)

Thankfully I *believe* the answer is "no" on both counts.

EDIT: I also ninja'd in the change to CAVE DWELLER that we discussed in the orc thread: only 1 bonus movement space.
Ooooh, dope. I'll edit that. I'll do more of the form tonight. I'd like to get us moving so we can get a figure done soon
Old June 24th, 2020, 12:42 PM

Spoiler Alert!
[/QUOTE]

Spoiler Alert!

Updated for OP.

(CARD IMAGE)

NAME = MORIA CAVE TROLL
GENERAL = UTGAR
SPECIES = TROLL
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = BRUTE
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE/7?

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 85

CAVE DWELLER 2
If this Moria Cave Troll moves over at least three contiguous dungeon or shadow spaces, you may add an additional 1 space to his move. When attacking an adjacent figure that is on a dungeon or shadow space, this Moria Cave Troll rolls 2 additional attack dice.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, this Moria Cave Troll always adds 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Character Bio: (taken from Tolkien Gateway, I think we should do something like this for Bios instead of writing original stuff)

". . . For the moment they are hanging back, but there is something else there. A great cave-troll, I think, or more than one. There is no hope of escape that way."

― Gandalf, The Bridge of Khazad-dûm

A race of monstrous creatures found in caverns and dark places.The Cave-trolls are known from an encounter with the Fellowship of the Ring as they passed through Moria, but were evidently found elsewhere in Middle-earth, too. These trolls, along with Orcs and perhaps other creatures, were originally sent to inhabit Moria by Sauron some five hundred years before the War of the Ring.

The cave-trolls of Moria were of huge size with a skin of dark green scales, and flat, toeless feet. The fact that Gandalf was able to recognise the creature he encountered in Moria specifically as a cave-troll strongly suggests that this appearance was shared by others of the kind.

-RULINGS and CLARIFICATIONS-
(Insert questions and answers about unit function and/or power interpretation)

-COMBINATIONS and SYNERGIES-

Synergy Benefits Received
(Insert links to figures that benefit the unit, and short explanation of synergy)

Synergy Benefits Offered
(Insert links to figures that this unit benefits, and a short explanation of synergy)
Old June 24th, 2020, 05:47 PM

It would probably be thematic for the additional attack in Cave Dweller to also apply to destructible objects.

I'm surprised that C3V doesn't have a capitalization standard for terrain types. The Deepwyrm Drow and Durgeth Ravagers both use lowercase, so I'm happy to stick with that. I would almost put money down that it is inconsistent and that somewhere there is a terrain power that capitalizes the terrain type.

--
--
--

--
Old June 24th, 2020, 08:02 PM

How should that be worded without complicating the ability? Seeing as how Orcs of Moria also have cave dweller and we need to keep consistency.
Old June 24th, 2020, 08:49 PM

The wording is easy and we would do it for the squad also:
... When attacking an adjacent figure or destructible object that is on...

--
--
--

--
Old June 24th, 2020, 11:04 PM

Nice, seems like an easy enough addition to both powers. Dont think it'll come up often but still, thematic enough to enable a siege scenario.
Old June 24th, 2020, 11:34 PM

This is the other part of the "editing checklist" that I forgot to mention. Usually someone combs through the text and makes any changes to bring it in line with existing powers, sometimes rewriting it entirely. We are treading new ground with the first half of CAVE DWELLER, but I based it off of the Forgotten Forest wording as much as I could.

But we can follow precedent more closely with the second half. Something like the Varkaanan Darkclaws's SHADOW MASTERS, which would give us:
If this Moria Cave Troll moves over at least three contiguous dungeon or shadow spaces, you may add an additional 1 space to his move. This Moria Cave Troll rolls 2 additional attack dice when attacking a figure or destructible object on at least one dungeon or shadow space.
... and I just noticed one other thing. We call the orcs "Orcs of Moria" but we call this guy "Moria Cave Troll." He should be "Cave Troll of Moria" shouldn't he?

--
--
--

--
Old June 25th, 2020, 06:50 AM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

Totally agree in this one, it should be "Cave Troll of Moria", to stay consistent with the wording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
... and I just noticed one other thing. We call the orcs "Orcs of Moria" but we call this guy "Moria Cave Troll." He should be "Cave Troll of Moria" shouldn't he?

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old June 25th, 2020, 07:47 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I also agree with the standard being "... of Moria/Mordor", so he should be "Cave Troll of Moria".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs