Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 1st, 2024, 10:43 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

February was really busy for me after the first 2 weeks, so I didn't get to play many games.

February Plays:
24x Flesh and Blood
Old March 4th, 2024, 01:12 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Ken Con report:

Magic the Gathering x 8
Secret Hitler x 7
Welcome to the Dungeon x 4
Dragon Dice x 3
LotR LCG x 3
Star Wars Deckbuilder x 3
Heroscape x 2
Bang the dice game
Call of Kilforth
Citadels
Dark Souls
Darkest Dungeon
Dungeon Mayhem
Hoplomachus Remastered
King of Tokyo
King’s Armory
Marvel Zombies
Maximum Apocalypse
Tiny Epic Dungeons
Too Many Bones

Other games played (but not by me):
Oathsworn
Ra
Ark Nova
Crokinole
Klask
Raccoon Tycoon
Star Wars RPG
Dune Imperium
Deliverance
Marvel Champions
20 Strong

I think that’s everything.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 4th, 2024, 07:33 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

D.E.I. (Divide et Impera) solo. This game is fantastic and one of those rare ones where all the expansion material (there's a lot) adds tons more fun to it (instead of existing for the sake of it).

Yummy Yummy Monster Tummy with my 5yr old (this is a hidden gem).

-insert signature here-
Old March 4th, 2024, 07:46 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

This was the BIG ONE! Usually a brand new game, especially an expensive "overproduced" crowdfunder, starts off with me solitairing while trying to round up opponents. But not this time...

DUNE: WAR FOR ARRAKIS (CMON) is just showing up in the USA. Mine is due on Thursday, but my neigbor got his first, and its basically a 2 Player game (like Star Wars Rebellion, which its being compared to) so I only need to find one opponent at a time! Yesterday I went over to his place two buildings down to have my first session with a live opponent right away!

I took the harder side, the Atreides, since I'd been following all the online BGG posts and videos, not to mention the numerous Kickstarter Updates over the last 15 months or so. My opponent did get a chance to look at the rules after he opened the box and inventoried and prepped his copy for battle.

We were gathered for four hours. Most people only take about three, and hope to get it down to two (War of the Ring, by the same designers, takes four hours at a minimum, and can be much longer, but this was a learning game). No rules are complicated, but some are different from other games, and there are a lot of moving parts and little rules you can easily forget. I'm proud to say that I actually don't think we got a single rule wrong, which is very unusual for a first play in a session with a brand new mid level complexity design.

Strategically, I was successful in keeping the Harkonnen away from the valuable sietches for the first half of the game. But tactically, I was unable to score many points, and was beaten so badly that I surrendered a turn early. Neither the dice nor cards came my way at the right time most of the game, and I was only able to earn two Prescience cards, and no enemy villages or Ecological Testing Stations. The only marker of the three I was able to advance more than one point was the one I needed the fewest points in. Ouch!

However, we both had great fun, and can hardly wait to switch sides and play again, as its a very asymmetric game. Meanwhile I've sent out the call to all my pals to come over and try it.

Its a beautiful game,with all kinds of bells and whistles to my Kickstarter Edition. I always go Game Play All In (getting everything that affects game play, but not necessarily all the Bling). There are some extra modes, like 3-4 Player and Solo, Alternate Futures where the fates of Named Leaders differ from theirs in the book, and two seperate expansions, as well as a PNP mini one available online.

In this case I got everything but the Game Mat--which is essentially the same size as the regular mounted board--and the enhanced plastic counters--which could replace the perfectly serviceable cardboard ones. This was a last minute request by backers, but they had production problems with them, and now have to replace the set for everyone in order to play them in a game correctly with their information hidden.

My next purchase backed won't come until the late Spring--Bretwalda (Phalanx Games). A few others that interest me have uncertain production dates in the future.

Last edited by chas; March 8th, 2024 at 02:04 AM.
Old March 6th, 2024, 07:38 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Kabuto Sumo, Space Base, Paper Dungeons and Timeline: Science and Discoveries.

Old March 7th, 2024, 11:13 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Star Wars: Jabba's Place - A Love Letter Game, The Builders Middle Ages, Elder Sign (won against Azathoth), and Timeline: Science and Discoveries x2.

Old March 26th, 2024, 06:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Commands & Colors Series

Commands & Colors Napoleonics: Finished off the Expansion 5 scenarios with French vs Russians, Prussians, and Austrians.

The new Expansion 7: Grand Battles is finally due out in 2-3 months. Commands & Colors Medieval Expansion 1: The Crusades was also recently announced for 1-2 months away!

Six more games of Memoir 44 (Commands & Colors) from a Belgian Open. This nation has joined France, Holland, and now the USA with annual M44 Convention events! A pal just returned from the recent Dutch Open with the six printed maps from it, as well as many more European scenario maps, including some from the Breakthrough and Overlord formats.

The latter included one whose subject I'd predicted before he went over there, from a special extra Saturday evening Overlord event he also played in there--Walcheren Island. There is also an entire Con series on Bougainville in the Pacific, and many more including war movie subjects with movie related special rules! The Patton one has a special "I Read Your Book" for North Africa, where the Germans play with an open hand so the US player can see all of their Command Cards!

I don't know if I'll ever catch up with all he brought over. He even sold me a hard plastic artists transport tube for them.

A new anniversary expansion for Memoir 44 is due out around June 6 (the historical D-Day)--no details on what it will be yet.

C&C is my favorite light wargame series by Richard Borg. I own all 11 designs with all of their publised expansions (dozens of them) and as you can see, lots of fan made stuff as well. Besides the two expansions mentioned above, Mr. Borg is now seeking a publisher for "Big Battle Cry," the redo of his American Civil War design, including a larger format and years of updates including a second card deck, when the game was locked up with Hasbro, who recently let the game's rights revert to that designer.

Two solitaires (playing both sides) of my new Dune: War For Arrakis that finally arrived. The Harkonnen won my face to face game previously mentioned with a live opponent, but Atreides won the two solitaires. BGG posters now seem to think the game is well balanced, with the Harkonnen being easier to play in this asymmetrical game. There remain additional modules and the two expansions to try out later on after I've got the core game down!

Last edited by chas; March 26th, 2024 at 08:03 AM.
Old March 26th, 2024, 06:31 AM

Saturday:
DC Comics Deck Builder, Fire and Axe, 7 Wonders Duel, Thunder Road Vendetta and some chariot racing game

Sunday:
Ankh Gods of Egypt, Blood Rage, DC Comics Deck Builder, Onitama, Marvel Remix

Old March 26th, 2024, 08:09 AM

To celebrate the Renegade Revival, my new Heroscape "AOA Tag Team Match" scenario for April 3 will include the newly published Official AOA cards with proxy figures, and all three types of the new AOA terrain (proxied). My own rules for Illusory Walls, will also be included.

For details see my signature thread, as The New York City Gang of Four games on, including now the latest revealed AOA stuff in our monthly Classic/VC (and occasionally Marvel/C3G/Supers Customs) games. And stay tuned for Wave 2 proxies later this year!
Old March 26th, 2024, 08:21 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Lost Ruins of Arnak (solo)

-insert signature here-
Old March 26th, 2024, 12:11 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Tried out my newest Kickstarter delivery this last weekend, Galactic Renaissance. Just a 2 player game with my wife, but we absolutely loved it. Looking forward to trying it out again.
Old March 26th, 2024, 01:55 PM

Lord Pyre,

Yeah, that's the one that is by the designer of and is supposedly a "spiritual ancestor" of the very successful Inis. Glad to hear its good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games