Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old February 24th, 2009, 11:16 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!
Fellow D and Ders unite!!

I am posting this thread at 11:12 at night looking for fellow D&Ders who wish to let their geek flag fly. I figure a general discussion would be relevant, i.e. characters, campaigns, tweaks, rules, weapons, items, role playing, etc. Anything D&D can be discussed here.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:25 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Fellow D and Ders unite!!

Rangers Rule!

But honestly the name of my ranger has been Ranior the Sly for quite some time now. It's what I used for my heroscapers account name if you can't tell.

Recently my group began to move to 4th edition and I've returned to DMing. I have a pretty awesome campaign lined up and I'm often working on that while I'm searching through this site. I love DnD and Heroscape and my group is very into both. Great time and memories from both as well.

Excellent thread idea. Can't wait to here others DnD stories. Maybe I'll write some of our groups crazier times later.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:36 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

I've played two campaigns so far since I think December or January which are both still going on. In the first one I'm an elven fighter lvl 10 focusing on archery and the other I'm a class my friend made based off of a monk/ wizard lvl 5.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:45 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

4th ed sucks.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

Excellent topic for discussion! I love Dungeons and Dragons and have been playing for years. I've never played 4th edition, only up to 3rd. Truthfully, my gaming group seems to prefer the 2nd edition with THAC0 and all that. Also it helps that between us we have nearly everything published for 2nd edition.

I'm usually the DM in our game settings (everyone flatters me and says I'm awesome at it; actually they probably just don't want to do it). I prefer creating my own worlds as opposed to playing say, Forgotten Realms, but I recently picked up a Greyhawk book at a flea market and thought my next game would be in that setting (never used Greyhawk before).

My gaming group can get pretty goofy, which often irritates some "veteran" players, but I think it adds to the fun. One guy in particular would always have a problem with my rulings. "You can't do that, it's against the rules," he would say to me. My response would be, "yes I can, I'm God here, and besides, it's magic." Then I would refer him to the forward that states that most of the rules are guidelines anyway, and not set in stone.

My favorite type of character is the Bard, especially in 2nd edition. Sometimes I use a general mage, but once I played a Bladesinger and loved that.

Once the thread gets rolling, perhaps I'll share some gaming stories if others are on board.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:12 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

:Raises hand:

I DM 4E for a group of friends right now. All of us are first timers (though I own some older edition books and have always enjoyed reading rpg books) and we've been having a lot of fun. I use heroscape figures to play, and wish I had the time to use the terrain too.

I've always wanted to play, but I'm the driving force behind our group's gaming...I don't think anyone else would be interested in putting the effort into DMing. Also, I'm finding I really enjoy being the DM. One thing that strikes me is how hard it is to have the player's best interests at heart. I just want everyone at the table to have fun, but I find myself getting very excited if I'm about to kill one of them. Coming from heroscape, having players kill all my monsters all the time without dying makes me feel like I'm losing, over and over. I know I'm not really, but it feels like it.

Anyway, we're running through the official modules, and right now the group is exploring Thunderspire Labyrinth. There is some really cool stuff in this module, my favorite being the trapped up the wazoo ancient temple. Anyone else playing 4E?
Old February 26th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I'm not currently playing (I don't have a group right now, and I don't have the focus/energy to DM - I get bogged down in world building), but I did play 3/3.5 with a couple second edition games.

I haven't really looked into 4th edition too much. I did read over the preveiw books, and I think I'll be switching over to Pathfinder when they release the books. Having not reveiwed the system, the only real gripes I have are that they put draconic characters in the PHB, and they stopped using Greyhawk as the basic campaign setting.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old February 26th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

Former 1st Ed player, still have all my books, modules etc. My favorite character was a Samurai from the Dragon Magazine (#49) design, not the Oriental Adventures one.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old February 26th, 2009, 11:55 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
Former 1st Ed player, still have all my books, modules etc. My favorite character was a Samurai from the Dragon Magazine (#49) design, not the Oriental Adventures one.
We need to get together with Taeblewalker for a game sometime Dennys. I used to play a lot when I was younger and am trying to get my boys into it but am out of practice at the whole DM thing.
Old February 27th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I played 1st and 2nd edition AD&D. My first character was a Cavalier from the Unearthed Arcana book. My favorite was a Drow Ranger used in the Spelljammer campaign setting. Then we 1. got into Shadowrun and 2. graduated from high school and stopped playing. I wouldn't mind playing again, but the time commitment is a little too much for me now.
Old March 5th, 2009, 02:47 AM

sense is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

http://www.freewebs.com/dungeonsandd...line/index.htm

Here you go.... A friend of mine made this site...

If you could tell me (sense) who you are (username) if you have a different name.

Sense can sense all...
Old March 5th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

DnD, what fond memories. I used to be into it pretty heavy back in the heyday of 2nd ed. Played in all kinds of campaigns, even faced off with Straod Von Zarovich in the original Ravenloft setting, my group killed the infamous vampire lord.
Got into GURPS later on and pretty much found that I like that system better. Although recently I just started running a 4th ed. DnD campaign for my game group. I haven't read to much into it, I'm sort of GMing on the fly. I'm much more into the roleplaying aspect of the game anyhow. I could take or leave the combat, and things like treasure and finding magic items and leveling up, give me a really good story with real roleplayers and I'm a happy man.
I often find that people are more into "roll" playing, than actually "role" playing. I much prefer the latter.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games