Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old September 25th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
So how will you tell them apart? You will mark them so they won't be identical. There is no other way.
Yes, but the idea is not to permanently mark anything. If you want more than one card, you just print out more without having to modify it. Like I said earlier, it may not be too easy to modify it if it isn't your own custom your dealing with. Ideally, I'd want someway to mark the figure and the cards that can be removed easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
If the cards are numbered in the name of the unit, then that extra power won't even be necessary, b/c they won't be uniques of the same name - they'll be uniques of very similar, but slightly different names.
Right, but again that would require a separate card for each one. I'm trying to find a solution where only one card type is necessary and for multiples you either print out more or use whitestuff's method. Actually, I'm really liking whitestuff's idea, if I could find or make removable decals. It will even save space at the table!

As for the name, "Standard Hero" vs. "Uncommon Hero"...it doesn't really matter to me. "Uncommon" does seem to carry a slight conotation of a limited number, so maybe "Standard" would work better. Any other opinions on the name?
Old September 25th, 2007, 11:35 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
I'm trying to find a solution where only one card type is necessary and for multiples you either print out more or use whitestuff's method. Actually, I'm really liking whitestuff's idea, if I could find or make removable decals. It will even save space at the table!
If you go to any scrapbooking store they will have heaps of rub-on decal or transfers (thanks for the tip my good wife ). You can also buy transfer decal paper if you want to make your own design (not that this is the cheapest option). http://www.waterslide-decals.com/rubon-paper.html

Good thing about rub-on decals is that they are not permanent. A bit of warm water and a fingernail and off they come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
As for the name, "Standard Hero" vs. "Uncommon Hero"...it doesn't really matter to me. "Uncommon" does seem to carry a slight conotation of a limited number, so maybe "Standard" would work better. Any other opinions on the name?
I agree that Standard Hero works much better.
Old September 25th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Whitestuff, I like what you came up with there. That said, why can't you just have those available for players to go along with the card, but keep the card as a Unique hero? Why do we have to create a new category? The little glyph cards are clearly not exactly the same, they're clearly marked as being other numbers. Why does a new category have to be created to go along with it?
My biggest concern is what does this do to all the cards and rules out there that refer to either common or unique heroes? What about the person who just wants to print out and use one of these cards but doesn't look and find the new rules you guys are coming up with? I think it's much nicer if the Sentinel card can be played without people having to worry about completely new rules that aren't spelled out on the card. Maybe you want to put in a power on the Sentinel card that spells out in a line or two how those little glyph things are used. Or maybe just a note by where you post the Sentinel card. But is an entirely new category distinction that would not have been referred to on any prior cards or in any prior rules really be necessary? Would it really be cool for powers that currently affect either unique or common heroes to suddenly be unclear when it comes to whether or not they affect this new category? I just don't see the need for the left box change. I think these cool looking glyphs work just fine with these guys as unique heroes.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 25th, 2007, 05:41 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I think putting a note next to the Sentinel card and putting the new rule next to it aren't that different. The new rule is nothing more than "treat them as Unique Heroes for the purposes of all special abilities and glyphs, except you can take more than one". So either way there would be a note next to it. That being said, I guess there's not much difference between the two.

Ideally, it would make sense to put the explanation on the card itself, but I don't think there's enough room. If the card simply said "you can draft more than one", the player is still going wonder how they keep track of the different cards. So they'll still have to refer elsewhere. I agree that it would be nice to have evertyhing necessary self-contained on the card, but I can't think of a way to do that effectively given the space constraints.

Another possibility is to put some sort of symbol on a normal Unique Hero card that means all this stuff. It would keep the card concise and not require a new category, but it would still require people to look up what the symbol means.
Old September 25th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
A symbol sounds like a good idea actually. I think that may be the best way to do it.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old September 25th, 2007, 06:54 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I could get on board with a symbol much more than a new category of hero.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 25th, 2007, 07:40 PM

Alright then, we're getting somewhere!

So what should the symbol be? Here are a couple I put together (I didn't really make these, but just modified icons I found on the web). I was thinking of something that would symbolize "multiple", hence the "M".

I'm not much of an artist though, so I bet someone else could come up with something much better.
Old September 26th, 2007, 12:48 AM

The M's not bad. I'd like to see what others come up with as well, though. My photoshopping skills are pretty sad, so no attempts from here!

Old September 26th, 2007, 01:34 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
The idea of a symbol would work for me. Here's my attempts.

All slightly different but mostly the same.
Old September 26th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
The idea of a symbol would work for me. Here's my attempts.

All slightly different but mostly the same.
Aww... they look so cute! Shouldn't they have guns or something? I mean, it looks like an "add to my friends list" button. The little guys need to be more hostile. Maybe give them little military helmets?

Also, maybe the background could be a hexagon instead of flower petals. But only if you feel like it. Maybe if you leave it, it will help to attract more girls to the game.

(high-pitched voice) "I can have as many as I want!?" Squee! "Mark I Sentinels, I wuv you!"

...and no, before you ask, I could not have made those icons myself if you put a gun to my head. I'm just safely planted in an armchair way back here, lobbing complaints from afar....
Old September 26th, 2007, 08:30 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
I am a bit confused here on what you all are attempting to do here, but If I am reading correctly (and I am probably not) then the solution is simple.

If you are saying that you want to have a single card that represents a common unit with multiple wounds then do what my son does. He puts a number underneath each of the targeting silhouettes on the card (you know the red picture with the green dot to the right of the card). This number represents the number of life each of those figs has. When he takes a wound he puts his wound markers on those silhouettes. He has a merc unit that has a big guy, a little guy, and a chick. The big guy (ogryn) gets three wounds, the others get two.

So if that is what you were asking, then there is your solution from a 9 year old. If not, then sorry ignore me completely.

Another solution (from my point of view) would just be to make each of them their own character with "bonding" to each other. One moves they all move... call it "walkie-talkie" or "coordinated strike" or something.

If the sculpts are all the same then mark the bases of the sculpts with a color, have the silhouettes match that color.

edit: Also, I think having sentinels and AT-ST's moving and attacking at the same time should cost some serious points. That is a LOT of firepower for one order marker.
Old September 26th, 2007, 08:51 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Simple solution... keep the 1 life, keep the Common designation, but add a power that says Whenever a unit takes damage, place only 1 wound marker on this card. No unit is destroyed until 3 wound markers are on this card. If a unit receives damage after 3 wound markers are present, destroy that figure.

Couple that with high def and there you go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations