Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old October 10th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
Re: When NOT to kill the Cheerleader first...

"Save the cheerleader, save the world."

Oh, c'mon. Somebody had to say it.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old October 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee View Post
"Save the cheerleader, save the world."

Oh, c'mon. Somebody had to say it.

Buddy Lee
True. Damn you for beating me to it...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old October 10th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Order Markers play a big role in this. It is more valuable to attack the boostees when their are no markers on the cheerleader (or a way to bond) because you are still going to be attacked and minimizing the damage they can do is necessary, especially if you have the possibility of making them lose turns. Most Cheerleaders are not going to kill you in the end game, and taking out immediate threats is osometimes more necessary than securing a foothold.
Old October 11th, 2008, 02:03 AM

Krrypt is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Depends on how well the opponents army is put together. Honestly, Raelin has caused me some grief before, but only minor. No one has ever drafted Taelord before. ("180 points? phhbbbb!"). I usually take out the cheerleaders first and any squad on my way to said cheerleader. Once they're gone, it's onto the beaters.

Old October 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

The best value/activation is to go after his activations. Against unique squads I think it's probably always best to strike the squad. If you can kill 2 Tarns or even 1 Krav you hit your opponent where it hurts. If you kill 4 Gruts and he has 16 more he can probably play this game a lot longer than you can. In that case you go for the cheerleader.

It gets dicier with heroes and smallish numbers of common squads.
It's pretty much a simple assessment: Does killing the Booster first take more time than delivering a crippling blow to the Boostees?

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old October 11th, 2008, 06:34 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Who would only have 3 squads of Arrow Gruts.

Yes I would hit the gruts first, but I really doubt that that situation would happen a lot.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old October 12th, 2008, 07:54 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
Who would only have 3 squads of Arrow Gruts.

Yes I would hit the gruts first, but I really doubt that that situation would happen a lot.
Lots of people have games where there's only 3 squads of gruts left.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old October 12th, 2008, 10:28 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nobody mentioned it yet (maybe because it's already so obvious?), but the Viking Champs definitely fall into this category. Depending on how your opponent will place their Spirits, a dead Viking early on can be much, MUCH worse than a living one.

Old October 12th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

That's a very good point. In the last tourney on Saturday I dunked my own Finn in the Molten Lava so that my next 2 order markers got a +1 Attack...VERY nice! Major Q10 nearly kills Krug and dies JUST before time ends, but luckily I had put enough hits on him that I won on points.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 13th, 2008, 02:06 PM

Bones Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
That's a very good point. In the last tourney on Saturday I dunked my own Finn in the Molten Lava so that my next 2 order markers got a +1 Attack...VERY nice! Major Q10 nearly kills Krug and dies JUST before time ends, but luckily I had put enough hits on him that I won on points.

Now that's a shrimp on the barbie! Nice.

I generally avoid killing off the viking cheerleaders because they are deadlier when dead. Has anyone noticed that flagbearers are bigger targets than some heroes? My last game with Sir Gilbert felt this way.
Old October 19th, 2008, 06:09 PM

braxattack371 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

if raelin was on the other team then youd probably want to take her down first especially when shes defending a heavy hitter but weak defensively unit like AE
Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM

whitetiger is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I agree in the case of the AE, Raelin and Empress Kiova combined with any more than 2 squads are absolutely devistating. So I say definately kill the cheerleaders first.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles