Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old June 15th, 2022, 07:36 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
ScapeCon II Map Pool

The ScapeCon II Map Pool features two components (just like last year): the 2-player maps, and the multiplayer maps (used exclusively for Multiplayer Madness). While three out of four multiplayer maps were used last year, only one out of seven 2-player maps was used at ScapeCon I (and none of the seven were ever used at GenCon).

Before each map is the quantity used in the pool (all 4x, except Bad Moon Rising solely based on terrain limitations). If a lot more players unexpectedly sign up, I'll adjust numbers and/or add another map. I don't know the quantities for multiplayer maps yet.

2-Player Maps:

The 2-player maps feature 2 Wargrounds of Scape maps, a ScapeCon II Map Contest map, a ScapeCon I Map Contest map, and a mapmaker making their ScapeCon/GenCon map debut.

4x Aeon by @Flash_19

2x Bad Moon Rising by @GameBear

4x Blackridge by @Flash_19 (please note that the image shows one battlement floating in the wrong place; the build instructions have the correct placement)

4x Desolation by @Flash_19

4x Odin Wept by @Typhon2222

4x Percolator by @Ulysses

4x Wingspan by @superfrog

Multiplayer Maps:

4-Player Map by @Flash_19
2x RotV, 2x RttFF, 1x FotA
1. Vydar_XLIII
2. OEAO

Frenzied by @Flash_19
1x RotV, 1x SotM, 2x TJ, 1x FotA
1. Boromir96
2. Boromir96
3. Boromir96

Manji by @GameBear
1x RotV, 1x SotM, 1x TJ, 1x Extra Ruins (1 Small and 1 Large)
1. Earl of Sandwich
2. Vydar_XLIII
3. OEAO

One Time At Scout Camp... by @BiggaBullfrog
1x SotM, 1x BftU, 1x TT
1. Sir HeroScape
2. Sir HeroScape
3. Vydar_XLIII

Map Makers (we're starting at 1:30 PM)
1. OEAO
2. Dragon Ruler
3. Chris Perkins
4. Earl of Sandwich
5. Johnny Frisbee
6. GucciiBoost
7. Vydar_XLIII (2-2:30 arrival)
8. Brean of Philly (2-2:30 arrival)
9. Sir HeroScape
10. Boromir96
11. Muskie
12. Earthling

Maybe:
1. Dysole

Last edited by OEAO; July 8th, 2022 at 05:27 PM.
Old June 15th, 2022, 10:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon II Map Pool

Thanks for your work on this, @OEAO ! Looks great!
Old June 15th, 2022, 11:30 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Boom goes the dynamite. Solid selection.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 16th, 2022, 10:02 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome, stoked to see the maps finally posted and I'm looking forward to practicing on them.

When do you envision map-making happening? Are you planning to build all maps together, or only the multiplayer ones until after Multiplayer madness is finished?

Mainly asking because I want to make sure I'm there in time to help with map setup, whenever that is on Wednesday.
Old June 16th, 2022, 10:15 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

We're going to build all of the maps prior to the start of the Multi-Player tournament Chris.

I would think we will start building maps by about 1:30 pm (we need to coordinate delivery of terrain with Retlaw, although we and others will be bringing the multi-player terrain and we can start the multiplayer maps -- that terrain is not part of the Heroscapers GenCon terrain pool.)

We have the ballroom beginning at 8am and people are welcome to come in and game (either Scape or other games prior to map building.)

I have requested early check-in for people who are arriving early to help build maps. The hotel cannot guarantee rooms will be available before 3pm, but they will try to accommodate us.
Old June 16th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

A quick look at the data for the GenCon/ScapeCon map pools I've built (GenCon 2018-19; ScapeCon I-II; GenCon 2019 and ScapeCon I were with a lot of help from InfectedSloth):

1. 32 maps used across 4 years.
2. 31 unique maps used (Aeon is the first and only duplicate so far).
3. 12/13 current Wargrounds of Scape maps (only missing Wyrmwalk, solely due to terrain limitations).
4. 14 mapmakers' maps.
5. Repeat mapmakers: Flash_19 (9), Typhon2222 (4), GameBear (3), superfrog (3), Mad_Wookiee (2), Panopticon (2), tannergx (2).

Last edited by OEAO; June 16th, 2022 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Something to note for Flash's 9 maps: not a single one uses Dungeon, the most premium and hard to include master set.
Old June 16th, 2022, 12:40 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Map pool looks good - nice variety. I've got to get back into map design - haven't done any for more years than I care to count.
Old June 16th, 2022, 12:44 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Map pool looks good - nice variety. I've got to get back into map design - haven't done any for more years than I care to count.
more Retlaw maps? yes please.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 16th, 2022, 02:55 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Thanks for your work on this, @OEAO ! Looks great!
Echo this!

I'm only slowly starting to realize how many constraints have to be factored in when trying to assemble such a large map pool. What a juggling act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
A quick look at the data for the GenCon/ScapeCon map pools I've built (GenCon 2018-19; ScapeCon I-II; GenCon 2019 and ScapeCon I were with a lot of help from InfectedSloth):

1. 32 maps used across 4 years.
2. 31 unique maps used (Aeon is the first and only duplicate so far).
3. 12/13 current Wargrounds of Scape maps (only missing Wyrmwalk, solely due to terrain limitations).
4. 14 mapmakers' maps.
5. Repeat mapmakers: Flash_19 (9), Typhon2222 (4), GameBear (3), superfrog (3), Mad_Wookiee (2), Panopticon (2), tannergx (2).
Wow, 12/13 current WoS maps.... That's awesome.
Old June 16th, 2022, 07:06 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What Glyphs are in the pool this year?

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old June 16th, 2022, 07:11 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Thanks- same as last year (Unique Attack, Move, D20, Initiative, Wound).
Old June 16th, 2022, 07:26 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Thanks- same as last year (Unique Attack, Move, D20, Initiative, Wound).
I figured, just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon