Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 14th, 2022, 11:41 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Blue Trails's Customs (Updated 1/10/2022 - New "Pack")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post

Original figure image credit goes to Paizo, Inc.

The figure used for this unit is a Starfinder Battles figure from the Planets of Peril set. The name of the figure is BMC Mauler. The figure's base is single-spaced.

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Card Text:
Spoiler Alert!

Designer's Thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!
I'm a big fan of the theme here. And I really like this as a design for the fleet-scale Starfinder minis. Without seeing the mini in person, it seems like the scale is right for it could be some kind of hover-soulborg.

A couple of notes/thoughts...

Scout doesn't sit right with me for this design. This feels much more of a Protector to me. You trade Venoc Warlord synergy for Zogross Hardscale synergy, but I don't think you need synergy with the former, and the latter can always use a boost (even if it isn't ever really going to be relevant).

Typically, names of D20 powers reference the roll to succeed, not the aura size. (EX: the Mind Flayer Mastermind's power is ENSLAVE 17 not ENSLAVE 4.)

Regarding SUPRESSING FIRE 7 16; an aura 7, 25% chance to negate attacks and auto wound is VERY powerful. Especially on a 70 point figure with 5 defense. As the power stands I can see it being very oppressive when paired with 10th Regiment and even worse with Raelin. Most normal ranged attacks are between 5 and 7 range, meaning if positioning is optimal, it would be impossible to target P:C. I would suggest lowering the aura, probably to 4 and maybe include an off-turn movement power. That way the power isn't a blanket cover and positioning becomes more important.

This also has the side-effect of making the stealth part of STEALTH FLYING useful. You also might need to rebalance the life/defense stats as part of this.

You could also limit the auto-wound a bit, perhaps only on a 20.

Quote:
SUPPRESSING FIRE 16
If an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of PROJECT: Cloudcover targets any other non-adjacent figure you control with a normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, no dice are rolled for this attack, and no defense dice are rolled. Additionally, if you roll a 20 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound.

OFF-TURN MOVEMENT POWER NAME
When a figure you control that began it's move within 4 spaces of PROJECT: Cloudcover and ended it's move farther than 4 spaces away. You can reveal the X Order Marker on this Army Card to move PROJECT: Cloudcover 2 spaces. PROJECT: Cloudcover must end this move within 4 spaces of that figure.
Alternatively, I think it could be really cool if you cribbed the Nakita Agents' SMOKE POWDER 13, instead of SUPRESSING FIRE. Possibly doing the name Cloudcover more justice. (Although, take this suggestion with a grain of salt if it isn't the direction you want to go.)

Quote:
CLOUDCOVER 16

When another figure you control within 4 spaces of PROJECT: Cloudcover is targeted with a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, figures you control within 4 spaces of PROJECT: Cloudcover no longer have any visible hit zones for the duration of the targeting figure's turn.
Overall, I think the current version is a great design but is too powerful. It needs some balancing to bring it down to the appropriate power levels.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards