Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 4th, 2010, 05:47 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of MacDirk Warriors

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Do things that might give you wounds, but make sure that is a secondary priority.
WORD!
Mimring is so good for this. How about . . .

160 MacDs x 2
150 Mimring
110 Alastair
80 Kelda

Mimring fries him (in line with 1 or more foes), and Kelda heals him.
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:06 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
I'm unsure of the rule on this, but Can't you attack your own Alistair MacDirk to inflict wounds on him faster?
Read the card:
Wow that would be quite inconvienient given this scenario. Lets say that Alastair gets mindshackled and is attacking your MacDirks, they are helpless and cannot strike back at him. Same goes for Hawthorne (if he was chosen) and he stabs you in the back.
Old June 5th, 2010, 01:09 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Wow that would be quite inconvienient given this scenario. Lets say that Alastair gets mindshackled and is attacking your MacDirks, they are helpless and cannot strike back at him. Same goes for Hawthorne (if he was chosen) and he stabs you in the back.
Pretty much, although I've never ever had that happen.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 5th, 2010, 02:30 AM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm unsure of the rule on this, but Can't you attack your own Alistair MacDirk to inflict wounds on him faster?
Read the card:
I mentioned this a while back in a couple of diffrent places(I don't remember where), I think it is funny that it was never mentioned(to my knowledge) then mentioned twice withing a short Period of time. I don't feel so diffrent now...
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:44 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

If the werewolf lord takes over the human champion that the macdirk warriors have their highland fury power bonding with, do they still get the plus one attack for his wounds, even though he is no longer a human champion?
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:59 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosaphat View Post
If the werewolf lord takes over the human champion that the macdirk warriors have their highland fury power bonding with, do they still get the plus one attack for his wounds, even though he is no longer a human champion?
That is an awesome question! (and one I'm surprised hasn't come up before) My initial feelings on the matter would say, "Yes", because Alastaire's army card was chosen at the start of the game.

Then again, the exact wording is "At the start of the game, choose a human champion you control. While that champion is in play, MacDirk Warriors roll one additional attack die for each wound marker on the chosen hero."

The second sentence states that the bonus takes place while that champion is in play (which would lead me to believe that hunter MacD would no longer qualify). Very confusing!
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

Yeah I know, that's why I ask, I am leaning towards no
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I'd venture a Greenscale ruling here would be appropriate.

Quote:
LOYALTY TO THE Hybrid KING?
Q.
If my chosen lizard king has its left-box information altered by the Werewolf Lord's LYCANTHROPY, is he still the Lizard King?
A. Yes. The Lizard King is chosen at the start of the game, and remains the lizard king, even if his information is altered.
As the power is similar, I believe this answers your question

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:01 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
I'd venture a Greenscale ruling here would be appropriate.

Quote:
LOYALTY TO THE Hybrid KING?
Q.
If my chosen lizard king has its left-box information altered by the Werewolf Lord's LYCANTHROPY, is he still the Lizard King?
A. Yes. The Lizard King is chosen at the start of the game, and remains the lizard king, even if his information is altered.
As the power is similar, I believe this answers your question
This is a similar case, but not exactly the same...in the case of LttLK, a unique hero which meets the listed qualifications (dragon or lizardfolk, med/lg) is chosen at the beginning of the game. The title, "Lizard King", is applied to the chosen hero and sticks with it for the rest of the game, regardless of species/class. Further mention on the army card does not refer to "the chosen lizardfolk hero or medium/large dragon hero"; it refers to their "Lizard King."

In the case of Highland Fury, the card says to select a human champion you control. In all other instances, this chosen human champion is referred to as just that - a human champion.

My logic here is by no means definitive, and I'm most always wrong when I'm sure that I'm right, but my gut tells me that a hybrid champion and a human champion are not the same thing.

EDIT:I've since changed my stance on this one, but it would still be great to get something official on this one...

Last edited by nate the dawg; September 11th, 2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:15 AM

i agree, its different then the lizard king ruling. Because its a title given to a figure,

where as in this case, it says you gain attack from your human champion. If he is no longer a human champion and is now a hybrid, then they can not continue gaining strength from a human champion thats being wounded, because he is no longer a human champion.

sorry if thats' confusing or repeats itself not sure how else to say or ask it?

I see it more like the human champion bonding rule, his class is being changed so they should no longer be able to work with him.
Old September 11th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I see it more like the human champion bonding rule, his class is being changed so they should no longer be able to work with him.
Agreed.

I've bitten the dwarven heroes using the Werewolf Lord, and that was the case. I was never able to get Moon Frenzy to activate, but the bite was enough to disrupt the bonding ability. Now my opponent had to actually put order markers on the hero if he wanted to take a turn with him. Pretty strong power, even without Moon Frenzy kicking in.

Oh, and that was against Rÿchean with his moonlight copy of D2, so I'm pretty sure that's the way a ruling would go.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:01 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is my thinking on it. Human Champion Bonding is checked each and every time you try and bond with that figure; Highland Fury is checked every turn with the MacDirks as well, but only in the sense that you are checking for the destruction of the chosen figure. The selection of the human champion itself is made at the beginning of the game. So I believe that as long as the figure itself remains in play, the MacDirks still get Highland Fury.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units