Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 8th, 2018, 12:51 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Terrain Line for Hobby-
This terrain line could be almost anything.
I think a pack where you can just get more tiles would be ideal.

Also, theme packs.
More packs that relate to the current story.
So when we came out with Swarm of the Marro, we could of introduced multiple Marro structures and maybe ruined structures of a city in Valhalla that the Marro destroyed.

Thank you!

Any chance there is any artwork or sketches of the Marro structures or the ruined city?

Building and structures would have really taken Heroscape to the next level.

Thanks for giving us all not just a special game but a special community.
Hasbro owns all the sketches.

Thanks for the kind words. I can't take credit for building the community, the fans made it, and it is special in many ways.
Sometimes, I almost regret following this thread. Now I have to add sketches of Marro structures to the list of things that I'd have loved to see.
Old August 8th, 2018, 01:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Terrain Line for Hobby-
This terrain line could be almost anything.
I think a pack where you can just get more tiles would be ideal.

Also, theme packs.
More packs that relate to the current story.
So when we came out with Swarm of the Marro, we could of introduced multiple Marro structures and maybe ruined structures of a city in Valhalla that the Marro destroyed.

Thank you!

Any chance there is any artwork or sketches of the Marro structures or the ruined city?

Building and structures would have really taken Heroscape to the next level.

Thanks for giving us all not just a special game but a special community.
Hasbro owns all the sketches.

Thanks for the kind words. I can't take credit for building the community, the fans made it, and it is special in many ways.
Sometimes, I almost regret following this thread. Now I have to add sketches of Marro structures to the list of things that I'd have loved to see.
Sounds like a fun 3d printer project finding marro esk files and attaching them to some hex bases. Maybe after Im done printing my industrial terrain set Im working on. Starcraft zerg units look kind of like marro. Close to dead on with a paint scheme change.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 8th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Sounds like a fun 3d printer project finding marro esk files and attaching them to some hex bases. Maybe after Im done printing my industrial terrain set Im working on. Starcraft zerg units look kind of like marro. Close to dead on with a paint scheme change.
Industrial and Marro Terrain Sets! Oh man you are going to force me to buy a 3D printer.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 8th, 2018, 03:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Industrial and Marro Terrain Sets! Oh man you are going to force me to buy a 3D printer.
Im so addicted to printing stuff. I just finished some 28mm scale starcraft siege tanks in siege mode and in tank mode along with a handful of terran marines and a handful of protoss zealots. Ill be making heroscape and Imperial assault cards for them. Also making miniatures on desktop hero is fun. Printed out a lion man character with roman looking armor and a bow. So much fun.

Old August 9th, 2018, 03:28 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Also making miniatures on desktop hero is fun. Printed out a lion man character with roman looking armor and a bow. So much fun.
Pics or it didn't happen

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 9th, 2018, 05:50 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Also making miniatures on desktop hero is fun. Printed out a lion man character with roman looking armor and a bow. So much fun.
Pics or it didn't happen
In time. Im ok withit "not happening" til I get around to posting all of it. Ive been cranking it out faster than I can paint it. Doing a table set up and photoshoot is even more time. The lion guy only took about 35min to print though. Im thinking of posing him different with swords and other stuff and making a little lion man warband.

Old September 6th, 2018, 09:21 AM

pokemonHeroscapePaintball Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Have you checked out the insane amount of projects we have on this site? From C3V to C3G to HoSS to BoV to SoV to Heroes of Fiction to WoS to Fan Fiction Contests to the Unit Battle Royale to Online Heroscape (now in Season 25), there's a huge body of effort and creativity across this forum.

You've really helped to inspire it all. So thanks.
well put.
Old September 20th, 2018, 11:41 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Hey Craig- I looked to find a shifting realms thread/FAQ on here and couldn't find it.

First of all, me and my friends love the game. We've played at least 15 games and have enjoyed the variety, the learning process, and the perfect balance of it being a game that takes thought and strategy without being convoluted or insanely lengthy is a treat. Its weird that there isn't more buzz about such an amazing game, considering how superior it is to the vast majority of games I've played and that the production quality is very on point. My girlfriend and I have quite a following of around 280k people on instagram and I am definitely going to plug, and get her to plug it to get it some of the hype is truly deserves.

Praise aside, I had a few questions, some of which I am pretty positive I know how they work but just wanted to clarify.

1. When a task refers to having a dragon card, it specifically means a dragons move card, and a protector will not count, correct?

2. The Gold shrine has you draw two story cards. Although you only keep one you still technically draw two. Does this somehow count as your two per turn? I'm assuming not due to how weak it would make the building.

3. Almost positive about this one, but if you have multiple dwarf protectors and the dragon kills a unit- Because its mandatory I know you have to destroy one, but you just choose and destroy one as opposed to them all fizzling and you losing all of the points?

4. For the land lubber card you need a total of four units correct? Two in each location?

5.Do both the units for daring settlers need to be in the same same space?

6. Lastly, the rules state that if you are ending the game by drawing a card from the Annuna deck, you can use the effect of the annuna card you draw before the game ends. If you draw a "later" card, are you unable to use it, or does this game ending effect override that rule.
Chaoserver,
Thank you for the kind words about Shifting Realms and I apologize for my delayed response. Please spread the word on social media! Also, rating on BGG helps too!

There is an FAQ on our website.
https://www.soaringrhino.com/shifting-realms/
Here are answers to your questions:
1. When a task refers to having a dragon card, it specifically means a dragons move card, and a protector will not count, correct?

Correct. The card must be a Dragon card.

2. The Gold shrine has you draw two story cards. Although you only keep one you still technically draw two. Does this somehow count as your two per turn? I'm assuming not due to how weak it would make the building.

No, it does not count as your two per turn, since you only keep one.

3. Almost positive about this one, but if you have multiple dwarf protectors and the dragon kills a unit- Because its mandatory I know you have to destroy one, but you just choose and destroy one as opposed to them all fizzling and you losing all of the points?

Correct. You just choose and destroy one.

4. For the land lubber card you need a total of four units correct? Two in each location?

Two total units. One scout on each space.

5.Do both the units for daring settlers need to be in the same same space?

The units can be on different spaces.

6. Lastly, the rules state that if you are ending the game by drawing a card from the Annuna deck, you can use the effect of the annuna card you draw before the game ends. If you draw a "later" card, are you unable to use it, or does this game ending effect override that rule.

If you draw a "later" card to end the game, you cannot play it.
Old September 20th, 2018, 11:49 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
@Craig Van Ness , would you mind a separate Q&A here for Shifting Realms?
We have a FAQ on our Soaring Rhino site. We are going to update it with Chaoserver's questions.
Old September 20th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent.

You're the best,
Craig Van Ness!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 20th, 2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
What are the odds we get a 5-6 player expansion for Shifting Realms?
The first expansion, Darkness Revealed, will have 3 new realms.

Exploring a 5th player for the second expansion sounds like fun!
Old March 28th, 2019, 12:24 AM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker

How goes the Soaring Rhino endeavor? I hear you just released a new game?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion