Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old May 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
What to do with Nilfheim?

Admins or anyone else concerned - I did a quick search to see if this had been discussed, but didn't find it, feel free to merge if it has been addressed or if there is a Nilf specific thread floating around.

Alright, the point. We played Nilf in a game for the first time last night, and quickly found out that there was precious little real estate that he could legally land on. One issue was landing on (in this case a single-hex-wide) RttFF bridges. If one is to just place Nilf on the bridge, his base will not lay flat on the bridge surface. If one pulls Nilf's wings out a little, then sets him on the bridge, his wings will clamp the sides of the bridge and his base will be flat on the surface.

Does anyone have a problem with the latter? We decided to allow the player controlling Nilf to do this.

I'll try to post a picture, in case anyone is having trouble following
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:38 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
there are acouple of threads that touch on this.
See:
Krug on bridge
Altering figures breaks rules?

IMO squashing Nilf onto the bridge is against the rules, He cant land alot of places for a reason.....
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:47 AM

feekonea has disabled reputation
ya they probably do that for a reason....

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:14 PM

Keebler has disabled reputation
The rules clearly state that if a mini doesn't fit into a space it doesn't go there. Of course that being said you can have house rules and play any way you want.
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
You could try house rules of the dragons landing on the rails (turning the fig diagonal. That fits my vision of fantasy dragons better than them actually landing on the deck of a bridge. Maybe put some piece of cardboard underneath so it more aproperly replicates the dragon standing with feet on the rails. Then it's the big bad dragon with height. Remember, dragons are supposed to be scary.
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:25 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Since your Nilfheim seems to be useless on the maps you make you are better off sending yours to me
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:51 AM

bobofett has disabled reputation
I always have that problem too(my bridges are always 2 wide). What i am talking about is moving him near cliffs and ruins. He never fits it is soooo agrevating because now i have to find a new place for him to go and it is usually out of range for his ice shards.

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old May 28th, 2006, 04:42 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
gee i wish i had that problem.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:27 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I had that problem with a map i built yesterday! I had two dragons (and the best team) in a 3-way game and got creamed cos i couldnt move my dragons properly on the map.
Old May 28th, 2006, 09:01 AM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Of course, this ties in to all 2-hex figures. One of the great (and probably unintentional) balances to the game is the inability of 2-hex figures to access all points on the map. I know that when I design a map, I have to ensure that there are at least some 2 hex highpoints on the board. You can create quite the anti-huge figure maps quite easily if you want to.

So, when some guy decides he wants big monsters, figure out where he CAN'T go, and you are ready for some death dealing fun!

-Ski
Old May 28th, 2006, 09:07 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
oh and also i have problems with the trees! dragons wings knocking into them and such!
Old May 28th, 2006, 10:24 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski
Of course, this ties in to all 2-hex figures. One of the great (and probably unintentional) balances to the game is the inability of 2-hex figures to access all points on the map. I know that when I design a map, I have to ensure that there are at least some 2 hex highpoints on the board. You can create quite the anti-huge figure maps quite easily if you want to.

So, when some guy decides he wants big monsters, figure out where he CAN'T go, and you are ready for some death dealing fun!

-Ski
That's the funny part (weird, not ha-ha) in this case - the board was built with 2-spacers in mind, 'resting areas' in the elevated parts of the map, and trees placed to hinder movement and LOS and give the little guys a chance, but still have some clear paths for the behemoths.

Just to be clear on this, the spreading of Nilf's wings did not involve a space-heater or boiling water

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles