Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 5th, 2008, 05:10 PM

cabbageheat is surprisingly tart
Tron 2

Anybody seen this video yet of Tron 2?

http://gizmodo.com/5029479/tron-2-tr...-wet-worldwide

Freaken awesome, and one of the major influences in my life (the original Tron) that got me working in film. Check it out if you haven't. For the record, I searched the forums first and didn't find this topic anywhere, so if its here, my apologies.

Anyone else a Tron fanatic!
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
Re: Tron 2

That's awesome I can't wait to see a video with higher quality.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:46 PM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

It appears Disney spilled the beans at the ComicCon

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47152

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:58 PM

The video isn't that great, I've yet to find a good one. Sooner or later, there should be one I"m sure. It seems a lot of the original people are on board, so that's great. Including Pixar's John Lassetter. So, this should rock.
For those who missed it in the theater, and have no clue what Tron is, go rent it. It was ahead of its time, but under appreciated. A tad convoluted in some areas, but it was just a great idea, and well done for the time. Disney used to take bigger risks back then. . .now, not so much.
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Was talking to my brother about the teaser they showed at ComiCon. He knows a lot about the movie and how it was made; even had his own Tron fan-site a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyGG
But yeah, teaser is great, particularly with Jeff Bridges popping up (he'd always said he'd be more than happy to do a sequel). Quite a cool surprise from Disney for the Con. Word has it that John Lasseter, the key founder of PIXAR (and now in charge of Disney Animation as well) is overseeing/producing the film. He's been a lifelong, self-admitted fanboy of Tron. And he's freely admitted that while working at Disney at the time, seeing the people working on Tron down the hall, he saw what they were doing and knew that CG animation was his future and soon after founded PIXAR. I'm very happy to know he's running things for Tr2n, cause he's very talented, and very much a fan of the original.
edit: Here are other links with a fixed up version of that smaller slanted video clip.
http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archive...er_online.html
http://tron-2-trailer.blogspot.com/

Last edited by GaryLASQ; August 6th, 2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:00 PM

One of those videos is already gone. Why Disney pulled the plug on such a stellar reception and video is beyond me. They are clearly not thinking. Hopefully we'll just get some sort of quicktime video at some point, so we can all stop trying to "find" it everywhere.

Kind of lame. But it still looks gorgeous.
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Blue Leader: This is Blue Leader to Blue Bikes. Run these guys into your jet walls.
Blue Bike #1: Copy Blue Leader.
Blue Bike #2: Copy Blue Leader.
Tron: This is Gold-1 to Gold-2 and 3. Split up. Take them one-on-one.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old August 6th, 2008, 10:14 PM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

Gotta love the Russians, not afraid to put stuff up and share it with the world.

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I just don't get it. Disney has this really cool teaser out there that apparently tons of people want to see. They don't bother to put it online anywhere, and they promptly get bootlegs removed. Either let the bootlegs stay there and fans drool all over their keyboards, or put a good version online. It's like they have the idea "if we aren't doing it ourselves it's being done wrong", but they don't bother to do it themselves. Now watch it will be put on the "coming attractions" part of the DVD for High School Musical 3.
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Was talking to my brother about the teaser they showed at ComiCon. He knows a lot about the movie and how it was made; even had his own Tron fan-site a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyGG
But yeah, teaser is great, particularly with Jeff Bridges popping up (he'd always said he'd be more than happy to do a sequel). Quite a cool surprise from Disney for the Con. Word has it that John Lasseter, the key founder of PIXAR (and now in charge of Disney Animation as well) is overseeing/producing the film. He's been a lifelong, self-admitted fanboy of Tron. And he's freely admitted that while working at Disney at the time, seeing the people working on Tron down the hall, he saw what they were doing and knew that CG animation was his future and soon after founded PIXAR. I'm very happy to know he's running things for Tr2n, cause he's very talented, and very much a fan of the original.
edit: Here are other links with a fixed up version of that smaller slanted video clip.
http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archive...er_online.html
http://tron-2-trailer.blogspot.com/
Oooh, my son and I were oogling over that clip earlier tonight.
Looks exciting! Thanks for sharing.
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:45 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

I think I already saw this trailer somewhere. Cool.

Old August 7th, 2008, 03:50 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Man, that green guy DESTROYED that blue guy with his jet wall.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies