Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old September 1st, 2007, 12:25 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
ONACARA's Custom Terrain

Finally getting to the point where all of my countless terrain projects are nearing completion for me to post here.

First off are some rock formations and boulders I made to be used as LOS and movement blockers.

I purposely tried to make them look Heroscapic more so than realistic..

(if you look close you can see Ace's shed in the background...I won it on eBay but havent opened it yet....there could be ANYTHING in there)

Where for art thou?

Kyrie-eye view.

If anyone is interested in these I will make them to order for you for a nominal fee or trade. PM me if interested.

One lucky Scaper got a set for free and maybe will post some pics of them in action.

Last edited by Onacara; April 15th, 2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old September 1st, 2007, 10:13 AM

d3athkiller is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
They are awesome they can be used for maybe, lavarocks
Old September 1st, 2007, 10:18 AM
has been BANNED

Thanks!

I made the first batch in a gray that was comparable to the 2 small rocks on the sides of the big tree from RTTFF and the color of the rock hexes.

I am going to try differenct color schemes for lava rocks, snowy rocks etc
Old September 1st, 2007, 10:18 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: ONACARA's Custom Terrain--Boulders and rock formations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
I like those boulders Onacara. They look perfect on the incline. Reminds me of a hillside or mountainside (as well as the terrain in the bird sequence in Fellowship of the Ring)

Quote:
I purposely tried to make them look Heroscapic more so than realistic.
Awesome. That's a great way to think when creating the terrain. I'm not much of a flocking fan as it gets too realistic for the game...and less practical to play and store. The boulders' style fits well with the rest of the standard HS terrain!

Btw, my money's on Syvarris...
Old September 1st, 2007, 11:57 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Those are awesome! Just the right balance of realism and Heroscapism, IMO.

Quote:
(if you look close you can see Ace's shed in the background...I won it on eBay but havent opened it yet....there could be ANYTHING in there)

Quote:
If anyone is interested in these I will make them to order for you for a nominal fee or trade. PM me if interested.
For some printed Marvel Mats, maybe?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:06 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Those are awesome! Just the right balance of realism and Heroscapism, IMO.

Quote:

Quote:
For some printed Marvel Mats, maybe?

I think that could be arranged
Old September 1st, 2007, 01:10 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Old September 1st, 2007, 01:33 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
"Oh, yes! It's-a very niiice-a!"
Old September 1st, 2007, 04:15 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I love seeing custom work! Great job Onacara! Can't wait to see the next round.

Do you mind sharing what materials you used and how durable you think these will be?
Old September 1st, 2007, 04:35 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher

Do you mind sharing what materials you used and how durable you think these will be?

They are pretty much made out of florists foam...they seem pretty durable as I have not used a blade on them but rather carved them out using pen files....I shipped a set to someone here to see how they would hold up during shipping and they said they were fine.

I have been experimenting with different formulas to make them a bit harder so they wont get crushed without losing the texture I have achieved on them.
Old September 1st, 2007, 05:15 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Quote:

They are pretty much made out of florists foam...they seem pretty durable as I have not used a blade on them but rather carved them out using pen files....I shipped a set to someone here to see how they would hold up during shipping and they said they were fine.

I have been experimenting with different formulas to make them a bit harder so they wont get crushed without losing the texture I have achieved on them.
I picked up some Mod Podge today for this. I think it will work when it is a bit watered down. Just like I did on the ruined wall with glue. What else have you tried? I plan on making a few more things out of foam!
Old September 1st, 2007, 05:43 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I picked up some Mod Podge today for this. I think it will work when it is a bit watered down. Just like I did on the ruined wall with glue. What else have you tried? I plan on making a few more things out of foam!

I just tried a combintation of ground up foam, flour and water...i will let you know in a coupoel of days after if has cured

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles