Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 15th, 2007, 06:18 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
theats, you know that regardless of this post existing, and even the thread being stickied, folks are going to post GenCon news in their own threads. Also, considering MANY of the 'Scaper.com power-names are at GenCon, they very well may feel that certain news they have requires a post of its own.

That said, do your best to try and make this thread a 'ONE STOP' news source by also linking in the first post of this thread to the various GenCon threads that pop-up. Albeit, not ALL of the threads. Only those deemed important, you know?
That is a MUCH better Idea than what I had in mind. I was going to sift through it all, and post tons of pics. Your idea is better. Ill post links to the legitamit articles, at least those with the information in the first post, as to avoid the prementioned delima.

Theophilus.
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:55 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd suggest that in addition to links, you post card photos here as they are the most sought after materials usually, and having just the card photo here could be enough for some folks who don't need to read the thread that goes with it. I'm sure Gbob or someone will probably set up a gallery special for Gencon conatinging all other photos like has been done in the past, but keeping the card photos with the thread links could be a truly awesome one-stop resource.
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I'd suggest that in addition to links, you post card photos here as they are the most sought after materials usually, and having just the card photo here could be enough for some folks who don't need to read the thread that goes with it. I'm sure Gbob or someone will probably set up a gallery special for Gencon conatinging all other photos like has been done in the past, but keeping the card photos with the thread links could be a truly awesome one-stop resource.

I was intending to do that as well.

Theophilus.
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
... but keeping the card photos with the thread links could be a truly awesome one-stop resource.
Good point.

theats, if at all possible, try and make this happen. I'll do my best to try and help out with the addition of news items and photos to this thread. So when posting the links to the card images which WILL show up eventually, be sure to also link to the main thread from which they were first posted.

Ideally, this thread will become a 'Cliffs Notes' version of the forthcoming GenCon news, info, and images.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I really like this idea Theats.I hope this works. I would love a one stop shop for Gen-Con news.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
... but keeping the card photos with the thread links could be a truly awesome one-stop resource.
Good point.

theats, if at all possible, try and make this happen. I'll do my best to try and help out with the addition of news items and photos to this thread. So when posting the links to the card images which WILL show up eventually, be sure to also link to the main thread from which they were first posted.

Ideally, this thread will become a 'Cliffs Notes' version of the forthcoming GenCon news, info, and images.

Ok. but, like i said, It will be after 5:00 tomorrow when I can do all this. By that time, a considerable amount of news should be up for me to work.

Theophilus.
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:20 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I doubt that much will be up by five tomorrow. Folks will still be at the convention I think. The show floor closes at 6pm, and events run all the time, into the wee hours. While some early photos and reports may get onto the boards, I wouldn't expect an avalanche of stuff to show up until folks start getting home or back to their computers or to the bars and their texting gadgets, which could be quite late.
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:46 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker
I like how we're already on the 2nd page, even though GenCon doesn't start until tomorrow.

Seriously though, great idea theats.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Maps set up and ready to go. We are at the Ram having beers!. They do have 300 sets of sotm for sale so that should make some folks happy. Craig stopped by our hall to see the setup. There should be plenty of pics and previews tomorrow. They will be showing some details of wave 8 I think.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Maps set up and ready to go. We are at the Ram having beers!. They do have 300 sets of sotm for sale so that should make some folks happy. Craig stopped by our hall to see the setup. There should be plenty of pics and previews tomorrow. They will be showing some details of wave 8 I think.
Also I was surprised to find out that the convention center is one giant hot spot so keeping in touch should be a breeze.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:53 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Why did it take us this long to think of this? Good job, theats! You are the Heavyweight News Champion of the World. I don't mean to imply that you should be in the heavyweight class, but how should I know what you weigh?
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:57 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
So, Gencon will be starting tomorrow. Good news. Are all the floors and stuff open then? As in, will we possibly get pics by tomorrow? If not, no big deal. I can wait. I'm also looking forward to see how many Master Woos will be given away. Hopefully I can get ahold of one if the prices come down after Gencon!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News