Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 1st, 2022, 10:35 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

Army already built. Has a nice balance between melee and range. Eschewed typical Ornak army units. Fielding it for both games.

Old September 5th, 2022, 09:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Revising The Master Set Concept for Heroscape 2.0

I wanted to update the folks on boardgamegeek about what we've been discuissing on this site regarding Age of Annihilation, and speculate a bit about the actual crowdfunding offering, which we now expect in a month at Hasbro's big Con on Sept.30-Oct. 1. You can check it out here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/292...er-set-concept

Basically, Hasbro/Avalon Hill is looking for a sweet spot to channel market to the hobby rather than its usual mass Big Box model. This will be while avoiding mistakes made in the past. And of course, we wish them luck with that!
Old September 7th, 2022, 06:56 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

My Vydar army is now built too! I did find a Custom unit that will benefit from a Laglor (Flagbearer) ability, which has never been used with the FB before--so they will be fun to try out together. I like to keep my army composition secret, until the others have built theirs. We've only heard from the two of us so far...
Old September 10th, 2022, 12:01 PM

Taeblewalker will be bringing a friend on Sept. 21 for her first Scape game. So we will be six, which will allow us a Team Game after our Free For All. Its been a while since we had more than 4 players in a game. I'll be capping it at six, which is the number I can comfortably fit around my table here.

TW will be giving Ullar, his previous pick, to her, and taking Einar for himself, so all Factions except Valkrill will be represented.

K.: Utgar
Chas: Vydar
SD: Acquilla
Magic Gama: Jandar
TW: Einar
TW Pal: Ullar

Last edited by chas; September 10th, 2022 at 04:25 PM.
Old September 10th, 2022, 05:35 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

It will be interesting to see how this map works with six . . .

Old September 10th, 2022, 07:37 PM

Well, we are adding a 24 hexer start zone for each player.

You've mentioned that these early maps are not as sophisticated as the ones we usually use, which is true. But I thought it would be fun to be nostalgic and play on simpler maps. We'll have to see if it works out. Certainly, with the aggressive victory conditions and the more open terrain, there shouldn't be much turtling!

Last edited by chas; September 11th, 2022 at 07:51 AM.
Old September 13th, 2022, 03:26 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

My army is built.

Old September 13th, 2022, 07:03 AM

Great! Working on your friend's army next? Its always exciting to have someone play their first Heroscape game!

We've also still to hear from SD and Magic Gama, although they don't have to let us know before the game. Looking forward to playing on Wed. Sept. 21.

I thought of one Vydar unit with the perfect power, but decided he couldn't use it based on the scenario rules. Its always good to refer back to the scenario when building. (Page 111 upthread).

I don't have to approve the armies before hand, but of course I would have to disqualify any figure that breaks the scenario rules before the game. This rarely happens, but would require a substitute. In my case, the scenario rule it would break is the one where no other figure can move a Flagbearer until capture, and then the power would just duplicate the rules in place for moving one after capture! So there would be no point in drafting that figure.

I've printed out the scenario for reference during the game.

Last edited by chas; September 13th, 2022 at 07:20 AM.
Old September 17th, 2022, 07:57 AM

I've made some changes to my Vydar army for balance on Wednesday. I can also report that its total has gone up from 585 to 590. It does use all Vydar units.
Old September 20th, 2022, 12:57 AM

Wednesday's Game Cancelled!

I have to cancel the game, and I think this is the first time I ever had to do it. But I'm having some health stuff going on that won't be over by then. Hopefully nothing serious.

Regrets to all, especially our two first time guests. I can try and reschedule later for October if that works for us.

Chas
Old September 20th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Wednesday's Game Cancelled!

I have to cancel the game, and I think this is the first time I ever had to do it. But I'm having some health stuff going on that won't be over by then. Hopefully nothing serious.

Regrets to all, especially our two first time guests. I can try and reschedule later for October if that works for us.

Chas
I hope you can quickly resolve your health issue Chas. Keep us informed please.
Old September 26th, 2022, 12:45 AM

Dry Run For Faction Flagbearers Scenario!

Our pal Ishmel is coming over with a Valkrill army (the only General no one else picked) to try out the scenario with me, this Tuesday (Sept. 27) at noon. Everyone else is welcome to join us! (My health continues to improve, and I did host a game last Saturday here, although a less complex one than originally planned.)

We'll be playing the scenario next month too, with everyone who can make it (except Ish). Date To Be Announced.

Flagbearer Facts

It now appears that NewScape will introduce at least three new Generals. I wonder if they will have flagbearers. So far the new Sonlen 2.0 rides his dragon and has an Ullar flag! But I don't know if he is an "official" Flagbearers, and is probably more powerful than the others.

Someone mentioned recently that the Flagbearers are not that powerful because they were a special limited run for the store that carried them (Toys R Us?), and were not expected to be that widely owned.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion