Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old November 15th, 2015, 03:21 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Valkyrie cards for Marvelscape figures

Inspired by the Unofficial Marvel Valkyrie Draft, and by my foolish desire to integrate Marvelscape characters into the Heroscape mythos (or even -- gasp! -- play them together!) I've created cards for the official Marvelscape cards by Valkyrie general. I have made a few alterations General-wise. Feel free to kibitz.

Abomination
Spoiler Alert!

Yup. Evil. Moving on...

Captain America
Spoiler Alert!

No argument here for Cap being in Jandar. Two versions of the card, depending on how much you like Chris Evans.

Dr. Doom
Spoiler Alert!

So I made a different decision here than the original draft. I can see Vydar (all that tech!) but to me Doom is just Too Darn Evil not to be summoned by Utgar. Can you see Agent Carr working along with Dr. Doom?

Incredible Hulk
Spoiler Alert!

The Big Green guy gets with the Big Green Valkyrie. Sounds good to me. A comic and movie version, again. I think the comic version came out better.

Iron Man
Spoiler Alert!

A case could certainly be made for Iron Man in Vydar (technology, etc.) but I'm cool with Einar.

Red Skull
Spoiler Alert!

No argument here. You know, he's Red! And Evil! Two versions, depending on how much you like Hugo Weaving. I couldn't resist using the Hydra symbol.

Silver Surfer
Spoiler Alert!

Again, I think a case could be made for Einar here alignment-wise, but Vydar is a fine choice as well.

Spider-Man
Spoiler Alert!

The original draft came out before Aquilla, and she needed a superhero. I gave her Spider-Man, because Arachnids, that's why!

Thanos
Spoiler Alert!

Valkrill wasn't around when the original Draft was done, and I think he and Thanos would find each other simpatico.

Venom
Spoiler Alert!

I didn't agree with the Ullar here, and was going to put him in Utgar. But I decided to put him in Vydar instead, based on his "Vigilante" class and some reading up on Eddie Brock. I could be convinced otherwise by those who know the character better.

So, there you go! Let me know if I've made any mistakes on the card text, or have other suggestions.

Last edited by IshMEL; November 18th, 2015 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Added figure cards
Old November 16th, 2015, 02:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Valkyrie cards for Marvelscape figures

The cards look awesome, but are they compatible with regular scape really? I do like how you presented them though. Thanks for sharing.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 16th, 2015, 02:29 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

These are awesome!!

Excellent job on the card-art (and Hydra symbol)!

They are sort of balanced with Classic 'Scape. We allowed Venom and Spiderman in one mini-tourney and their Spider-Sense was pretty broken if you consistently hit the d20 roll (even against special attacks).

Thanks for sharing.
Old November 16th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The cards look awesome, but are they compatible with regular scape really? I do like how you presented them though. Thanks for sharing.
That is a question that has banged around here for a while, There are some "interesting" discussions on the topic.

Now I'm going to back away slowly hoping this question dies here.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 16th, 2015, 05:06 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks guys! Glad you like the cards! (Any thoughts on the Generals?)

And yeah, this thread sort of assumes you've landed on the "OK to mix Classic & Marvel" end of the debate.
Old November 16th, 2015, 05:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@IshMEL , I like your general choices. They look pretty good. I don't know if there are any synergy fo-paws though. For instance, Red flag of fury from ornak -doctor doom, and red skull both take a turn, on the same turn. Stuff like that.

Old November 16th, 2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
@IshMEL , I like your general choices. They look pretty good. I don't know if there are any synergy fo-paws though. For instance, Red flag of fury from ornak -doctor doom, and red skull both take a turn, on the same turn. Stuff like that.
Hmmm, good point on Ornak.... Master Manipulator requires an OM, but Mind Exchange doesn't. I suppose Ornak could activate Doom, who could then take a turn with another Hero via Mind Exchange, and then Ornak's second activation could be with that same Hero. So you'd possibly get two activations of the same Hero in the same turn, and 3 overall. Which isn't infinite-loop broken, but could be a problem.

I suppose I could alter Mind Exchange to require an OM?
Old November 16th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you really want these to feel "official" then mini pictures are the way to go. Having General card aesthetics to feel more official, but then going less official by swapping out mini pics for comic or movie images seems like one step forward, two steps back.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 16th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
fo-paws.
Faux pas (French for false step)
Old November 16th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fox paws. English for the feet of a fox.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 16th, 2015, 10:14 PM
"like" happy

Fo-Paws, lingo of a sophisticated redneck.

Old November 16th, 2015, 11:51 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

The fox had faux fox paws

English and French combined, means false feet of a fox.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion