Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Notices

Old July 20th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raXas1516 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you enchant creatures that have not been summoned yet?
Yes, you can.

Sorry - I disagree. I think the answer is "No" you cannot play spells on creatures that are not summoned yet.

Per the rule book, at the start of the game your Planeswalker is placed in front of you and the army card and figures for other units are placed to the side in your Reserve.

Army cards/figures are only moved into play when Summoned (from the Reserve). With this in mind, I think of the cards in Reserve as out of the game until summoned - and therefore cannot be affected until they enter the battlefield.
It appears you are correct.
Old July 20th, 2017, 04:50 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I say yes, the answer is no!
Old July 21st, 2017, 03:32 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you enchant creatures that have not been summoned yet?
Yes, you can.

Sorry - I disagree. I think the answer is "No" you cannot play spells on creatures that are not summoned yet.

Per the rule book, at the start of the game your Planeswalker is placed in front of you and the army card and figures for other units are placed to the side in your Reserve.

Army cards/figures are only moved into play when Summoned (from the Reserve). With this in mind, I think of the cards in Reserve as out of the game until summoned - and therefore cannot be affected until they enter the battlefield.
2nd this. Figures cannot be enchanted until they're on the battlefield.

M:TG analogy, You couldn't cast Unholy Strength to enchant a creature that's still in your hand.
Old July 22nd, 2017, 11:54 AM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart

Ok, so the consensus is no, you cannot enchant creatures in your reserve. Another sort of related question that popped up: if a squad is unsummoned, are face up and face down enchantments on that squad destroyed?
Old July 25th, 2017, 05:51 PM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Ok, so the consensus is no, you cannot enchant creatures in your reserve. Another sort of related question that popped up: if a squad is unsummoned, are face up and face down enchantments on that squad destroyed?
Yes, If none figure of an army card is on play anymore, all enchantments go to graveyard. Doesnt matter If all the squad was destroyed or unsummoned.
Old January 12th, 2018, 10:43 AM

Hawkfire is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

1) Do you become engaged/disengaged when you just move through a space next to an opponent during your move and don't start or finish there (hoping no)?

2) Do squads keep enchantments if their Planeswalker dies?

3) The Eldrazi Ruiner has something like +3 defense in the in box scenario for Zendikar. Thats just an ability for that one scenerio to make him tougher, yes? Saving them putting it on the card as just a higher defense because it wouldn't apply outside that scenario?

Please and thank you
Old January 12th, 2018, 12:41 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkfire View Post
1) Do you become engaged/disengaged when you just move through a space next to an opponent during your move and don't start or finish there (hoping no)?

3) The Eldrazi Ruiner has something like +3 defense in the in box scenario for Zendikar. Thats just an ability for that one scenerio to make him tougher, yes? Saving them putting it on the card as just a higher defense because it wouldn't apply outside that scenario?

Please and thank you
1) Yes, occupying a space adjecent to an opponents figure causes the figures to become engaged. Moving from an engagement will result in a disengagement roll, even if it all happens through your normal move phase.

2) Without rereading the rules manual, I'm pretty sure yes, enchantments stay active event after a Planeswalker is destroyed. Wizards is usually pretty thorough with the wording on their cards, and if they didn't stay active, there would probably be text on the card dictating otherwise.

3) Correct, the Eldrazi Ruiner has it's card's abilities and only it's card's abilities outside the in-box scenario. Keep in mind, house rules, as long as all players agree to them, can make for a fun way to change things up
Old January 15th, 2018, 01:02 PM

Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby!

I've read through the game manuals and through several pages here. I'm not finding an answer though. Is there a cap to how many squad auras can be active on a single squad at once? I had a game Saturday night where Nissa was one shotted from full health (amazing roll) by a Blazing Firecat due to +4 attack from 3 separate auras. Firebreathing +2, power of fire +1 and sure strike +1. She rolled full swords (7) attack which ended up being 8 due to the intense strike ability. I rolled one shield.... toasty.
Old January 15th, 2018, 04:36 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaphaos View Post
I've read through the game manuals and through several pages here. I'm not finding an answer though. Is there a cap to how many squad auras can be active on a single squad at once? I had a game Saturday night where Nissa was one shotted from full health (amazing roll) by a Blazing Firecat due to +4 attack from 3 separate auras. Firebreathing +2, power of fire +1 and sure strike +1. She rolled full swords (7) attack which ended up being 8 due to the intense strike ability. I rolled one shield.... toasty.
My memory is a bit hazy but I'm pretty sure there isn't a limit to the amount of enchantments one can place on an army card.
Old January 15th, 2018, 04:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkfire View Post

Please and thank you
I have only glanced at the rules for AotP but #1 is a most assuredly a YES. That is the same through out AotP and Heroscape.

2. I thought once your Planewalker was dead you lost, your game was over?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 15th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I thought once your Planewalker was dead you lost, your game was over?
No, that's a common scenario rule but not a game rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 15th, 2018, 04:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I thought once your Planewalker was dead you lost, your game was over?
No, that's a common scenario rule but not a game rule.
Ahhh...gotcha.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs