Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old October 1st, 2012, 11:55 PM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!
College Sports

Who is your team? And are they ranked?

I am a USC Gamecock fan. we are ranked # 6.

Next week we take on Georgia. who is ranked #5

Last edited by Strange_Love; February 8th, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:19 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: College Football

I see this thread hasn't gotten much attention. Not many football fans among heroscapers, I guess?

I am personally not much of fan, I hardly ever watch any sports, (basically left them all behind my junior year of high school, after I stopped wrestling. Except for Rugby, I'll still play that). Regardless, growing up in Nebraska, I could be called a Husker fan, and I believe we are currently ranked 4th (could be wrong though).
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
I see this thread hasn't gotten much attention. Not many football fans among heroscapers, I guess?

I am personally not much of fan, I hardly ever watch any sports, (basically left them all behind my junior year of high school, after I stopped wrestling. Except for Rugby, I'll still play that). Regardless, growing up in Nebraska, I could be called a Husker fan, and I believe we are currently ranked 4th (could be wrong though).
They are just about polar opposites

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old October 19th, 2012, 09:27 AM

KnobleSavage is surprisingly tart

Rooollll Tide!
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:39 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[quote=ibechief;1698335]
Quote:

True! True!
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!

It is funny some people love college and hate NFL. Others are the opposite. I love the energy at college football games. Though it is biased since I have never been to a NFL game.

Old October 19th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:

Funny coincidence, I was recently thinking about how being a sports fan and a boardgame fan fundamentally isn't that different. You have people writing strategy guides here, you have armchair quarterbacks and coaches there. You have a few that design games here, you have a few that actively participate in sports there. Both have some die hard fans (teams and designers/companies). Both have people who get together and talk about their experiences. On the surface they are very different, but looking under the surface there is a lot in common.
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:28 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

I personally don't enjoy college football that much. Lack of balance and stuff makes most games very unexciting to me. Plus, the lack of a playoff system is very bleh, having only two teams have a shot at being called national champions seems just like an anti climatic way to have a season. Plus the schedules just don't interest me much.

With that being said, I am surprised this thread hasn't seen more attention....the NFL thread gets plenty of posts during NFL seasons, and even during the offseason. I know there's a whole slew of us in the NFL thread pretty regularly.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 12th, 2012, 08:56 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't a more active college football thread. I live in Dallas and Big 12 talk dominates the office (we've got grads from all over the conference).

As a K-State grad and Notre Dame fan this has been a crazy year for me. I didn't think that KSU would be able to revive things like they have for Snyder's second term. This should be a pretty exciting end of the season. Hopefully one of my teams can make it to the national championship.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 12th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't a more active college football thread. I live in Dallas and Big 12 talk dominates the office (we've got grads from all over the conference).

As a K-State grad and Notre Dame fan this has been a crazy year for me. I didn't think that KSU would be able to revive things like they have for Snyder's second term. This should be a pretty exciting end of the season. Hopefully one of my teams can make it to the national championship.
Your teams may play for the national championship. Good luck Dignan. I am curious who you would root for in that game?

I am a longtime Michigan fan. Rich Rod era was truly humbling. I am looking forward to their future and the future of the Big Ten. Someone must beat a quality SEC so we can start to get some respect.
Looking forward to the four team playoff!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 12th, 2012, 03:31 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Your teams may play for the national championship. Good luck Dignan. I am curious who you would root for in that game?
As a grad of k-State, I would pull for the wildcats over the fighting Irish. I've just been a fan of the Irish from childhood, but having spent 5 years on campus in Manhattan I've stronger ties to the 'cats.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 14th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Girl (Super)Power!

My gamecocks have an 8-2 record....as always we play our rivals Clemson Thanksgiving weekend. I can't wait!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV