Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old July 14th, 2014, 06:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Design Holocron of Swamps of Dagobah (Design Phase)

Makes sense to me. If the creature is attacking your legs you should have to stop and deal with it.
Old July 15th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Any other comments here, or are we ready for some tests here?
Old July 15th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Looks good!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 15th, 2014, 01:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm interested in seeing how it plays. I think all the high ground surrounding the swamp could give melee units some problems, but most HoSS units have a ranged attack. The longer ranged units would then have an edge, making the range boosts from the Rebel Captain & IO significant.

Hiding the glyphs behind the tree seems like an excellent thematic twist, just don't make them too powerful. Perhaps make them treasure glyphs so they do not have a global effect.
Old July 15th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm interested in seeing how it plays. I think all the high ground surrounding the swamp could give melee units some problems, but most HoSS units have a ranged attack. The longer ranged units would then have an edge, making the range boosts from the Rebel Captain & IO significant.

Hiding the glyphs behind the tree seems like an excellent thematic twist, just don't make them too powerful. Perhaps make them treasure glyphs so they do not have a global effect.
I moved the glyphs to the swamp, I just haven't updated the OP with that, because I wasn't sure if we had a consensus on liking it that way.
Old July 15th, 2014, 02:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Oh, I recall you saying that now. I just opened the VS file to take another look at it and they were behind the trees. Permanent glyphs would work better in the swamp and would need to be pretty good to want to sit in that poor tactical position. Treasure glyphs would work better hidden behind the trees.
Old July 15th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I think the swamp has enough of a disadvantage without a negative special rule attached to it. Going for a glyph on low ground already is a tough choice, and when you might die or get stuck on the way there ... no way am I going down there.
Old July 15th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Hmm, so you think having both would be a good idea?
Old July 15th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I think the swamp has enough of a disadvantage without a negative special rule attached to it. Going for a glyph on low ground already is a tough choice, and when you might die or get stuck on the way there ... no way am I going down there.
Good point. What if it was just the possibility of getting stuck?
Old July 15th, 2014, 03:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Maybe just have it trigger when starting your move on a swamp water space? Then you can run in and grab the glyph without worrying about also getting attacked by the swamp creature.
Old July 15th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Interesting. R2 did sit in the swamp for a while before getting grabbed.
Old July 15th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That might work. Then the disadvantage is to those who try and get you off the glyph.

Droids shouldn't be immune, though. Artoo got grabbed in the movie! Sure it spit him out but we're missing a lot of theme if the swamp monster can't give Artoo a taste.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape