Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old June 5th, 2015, 08:59 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Valhalla Fan Art and Fiction

@TheAverageFan @William099 @BiggaBullfrog @Crixus33 @Son of Arathorn

Well, the Icaria fiction fell through. (For those of you that don't know, a fan fiction set in Icaria was my next project.) It's kind of still there, but it just doesn't quite have the power I thought it did. As it turns out, that power got stolen by these guys:

Ever since I wrote The Final Battleground, (and totally failed on the endings), I've wanted to give it another shot. I've had the urge to restart it on and off for about a year or two now. Today, however, I finally decided two things: 1) I want to write a zombie fan fiction again. Don't ask me why, I haven't the faintest idea. 2) I have to start with something fresh, rather than trying to fix the one I already have.

Accordingly, I started with something fresh... and got through the development in under an hour. I have now begun writing the first draft. It will only be about six chapters long or so, but still... I didn't know I could go that fast.

So I apologize about the Icaria fan fiction. If I get a brainwave about it, I may still write it, but at the moment, my energy is focused somewhere else.

On that note, get ready for the latest installment from the inner workings of the strange mind of TGRF: Appocalypse: Valhalla's Darkest Hour.
Old June 5th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
On that note, get ready for the latest installment from the inner workings of the strange mind of TGRF: Appocalypse: Valhalla's Darkest Hour.
I'll get ready for it when it actually comes out.

~TAF, who likes zombies.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 5th, 2015, 11:10 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh that title looking forward to it!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old August 5th, 2015, 12:24 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Apocalypse: Valhalla's Darkest Hour
An update: This fiction is still in the works. I got to about chapter four until I finally admitted to myself that it wasn't working, and that I would have to go back and develop things properly. I am now very nearly done with the development, and should start writing shortly.
Unfortunately, I am currently having difficulty in finding time to write. Fan Fiction has had to take a backseat to work, actual novel development, and helping a friend move. I hope to find time to get back on the trail of the zombies, though!
~TGRF.
UPDATE: I have updated the Archive, and have so updated my and Tornado's competitive ratings to 2.07 (me) and 2.43 (Tornado).
EDIT: On the sixth draft of Apocalypse now... I think I have it if I could just get past chapter three.
UPDATE: Well I'm past chapter three... but I'm seeing serious flaws in the infrastructure. I may have to start over. Don't worry! I'll do it right this time.
UPDATE: I have started over the development for Apocalypse. It is now flowing smoothly and feels like it should.
I have also updated the competitive ratings for Bro-man, Elven Lord, Son of Arathorn, and Tornado. Thanks to Dysole, my competitive rating Excel spreadsheet got a formula overhaul, and the new formulas discovered errors in the entry count of the above mentioned four individuals. All ratings in question went up (aka, got a bit worse). I apologize for any inconvenience.
UPDATE: I have updated (read removed) the description for Apocalypse. Two days ago I started over the development for Apocalypse again. It needed it. Now it feels like it should. I'm already further along than I've gotten with any of the other versions, no problems in sight.

Last edited by TGRF; September 29th, 2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old October 25th, 2015, 02:00 AM

A tentative due date for my zombie fan fiction: October 31. I have finally completed the tangled development and am at last ready to begin the writing. This will be a short fan fiction, so if I can find some good chunks of time during the week in which to write, I could complete it before Halloween.
~TGRF.
UPDATE: I am putting my fan fiction on hold until Halloween, so that I can attempt to finish my fan fiction entry by then. As it is primarily a horror thriller, I thought it appropriate to be released on Halloween. I may also release it as a separate (short) fan fiction at that time.
UPDATE: Added To Walk the Halls of Fear to the index. I am back on my fan fiction, and should be done with the writing soon.
UPDATE: To Walk the Halls of Fear is now completed.
UPDATE: I have found fanfiction.net, and promptly discovered that Pumpkin King posted Having a Marvelous Time there, complete with description. I have duly included said description.
Note to self: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22146
UPDATE: I am revising my rating messaging system. I have also made some corrections as follows: I've updated the status to A New Marr, The Soul of Claradia, The Rise of Hel, Tales of Eslo, and Untitled. I have included compilation fictions, and indicated them. I have updated The Promise's rating on the author listing.
UDPATE: I have revised my rating message system. Now requests for ratings will only be sent out via a single message, instead of filling your inbox with a deluge. All fictions you have posted on will be linked in the single message.

Last edited by TGRF; December 11th, 2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old December 14th, 2015, 08:09 PM

The Annual Update is underway.

Quote:
The ratings are as follows:
1: Terrible
2: Very bad
3: Bad
4: Poor
5: Not bad
6: Good
7: Very good
8: Excellent
9: Awesome
10: The best of the best
@betawolf36 I need a rating from you for Valhalla Reborn (Original). Kindly make some room in your inbox so I can send you the PM. (Or you can just reply here too.)
UPDATE: I apologize for not completing the update, a combination of events which sound too much like excuses to post here intervened. I shall attempt to complete the update at some point in the future. In the meantime:
I have updated the status and description to Apocalypse: Valhalla's Darkest Hour. The description is as follows:
The Infected, horrible zombie-marro mutants, have spread across Valhalla. Unable to stop the unending hordes, those that have survived have fled to Haukeland. Now, with a faint ray of hope at ending the apocalypse, a small group of warriors has been sent back into the heart of Infected territory. Success is critical, but certain members within the group have their own plans for this mission...

~TGRF.

UPDATE: I have begun the development of Code 4114, official title pending. Despite this, it is still within the ream of possibility that I will divert straight to my novels.

Last edited by TGRF; February 1st, 2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old February 7th, 2016, 03:22 PM

@Evar-Scarcarver @Fi Skirata @mtl1998 @Bro-man @Crixus33

Due to an unfortunate series of events, I stopped half way through collecting ratings, and now have no way to tell who I stopped with. Could those mentioned above kindly help me out by letting me know if I asked them for ANY ratings during Novemeber-December of last year?

Thanks.

~TGRF.
Old February 7th, 2016, 03:28 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not even sure what "ratings" you're talking about, so I'll go ahead and assume that I'm not who you're looking for.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.

Last edited by mtl1998; February 7th, 2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Yes, there's a minor star wars reference there.
Old February 7th, 2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
I'm not even sure what "ratings" you're talking about, so I'll go ahead and assume that I'm not who you're looking for.
Okay, thanks. I send out a 'rating PM' every December to collect ratings for fan fiction from their readers. I stopped half way through this time, so I need to figure out where I left off.

~TGRF.
Old February 8th, 2016, 01:07 AM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think you asked me for ratings, but I'm not positive.
Old March 5th, 2016, 11:40 PM

UPDATE: Concerning my fan fiction in general: I have good news and bad news.
Bad news: I am postponing development and subsequent writing of my final fan fiction, Code 4114. I have decided that I need to focus on the development of my novels.
Good news: Code 4114 may not be my last fan fiction. When writing, it is advised to take a long break after the first draft, before going back to edit. Given that I have yet to write a single second draft for anything, I'm not sure how much of a break will be needed, but it is possible. During this break for each of my novels, I could very well write a short fan fiction. No promises yet, but it is a possibility.

~TGRF.

UPDATE: Updated the rating and status on Apocalypse.
Old May 25th, 2016, 06:38 PM

UPDATE: The archive is unfortunately out of date. There was a mix up half way through the final update, resulting in mass confusion on my part as to what was up to date and what wasn't. The index has not been updated since. While it remains for the most part reliable, some of the ratings and statuses may not be 100% up to date. To the best of knowledge, all entries are complete, as there have been no new additions to the forum since it was last updated.

If I were to update the archive (which would entail going back through it top to bottom), I would likely want to do it correctly, which would likely mean hosting the entire index on one of my websites for ease of access. Main reason: WAY TOO MANY SPOILERS.

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction