Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old January 9th, 2010, 08:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Just played my first game, and it was goooooooooood!

I lost, to my 7yr old. Elves vs Orcs. I thought I had it in the bag early, I was killing his troops with ease. Then he started putting out Ice Wall cards, blocking my advance. Then I made the 'mistake' of using the 'A Hero is Born Card' to get one of my champions into my hand. I ended up getting screwed by the reshuffle as my other two champions ended up at the bottom of the deck, and by the time I got them in my hand I had no magic to summon them. Then what little I had I had to use to unfreeze the troops I had on the board.

All that, then Krung hit the board... game over. It was a slaughter, but crazy fun.

truth

One thing I'm stilling getting used too is no defense rolls, you're either hit or you're not when attacked.

-insert signature here-
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:42 AM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

We had a four player game to break out the Goblins and Dwarves. Man was it fun.

Dwarves and Elves vs Goblins and Orcs with me playing the Orcs, my dad playing Dwarves and the two newbies with the others. We were always on the offensive, and got every champion out that we drew. They had tons of magic very soon but no cards. They got out Maelena and Baldar, which got killed very fast, and then Kaesall (or whatever her name is).

Mooks, Sneeks, Ragnor and a couple of Smashers took care of both Summoners at the end. Played pretty even because we were getting screwed on the draw. He drew no second wall PERIOD and I didn't get a champion besides Khan until I had 6 cards left.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:48 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Summoner Wars was mentioned during the 'shout out' for the Hollywood Minute on the current episode (47) of theD6generation podcast.

-insert signature here-
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Summoner Wars was mentioned during the 'shout out' for the Hollywood Minute on the current episode (47) of theD6generation podcast.

Do you have any details on what that is about or what was said?
Old January 12th, 2010, 09:33 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Say Truth, summoner wars looks Awesome. A good game and hope to play it some time. A question though. You were lead to this field through intense love of games and slowly got recognition from Hasbro. This lead to freelance game design and such. Now your own game. I my self would love to get into this business. If you ever have the time would you consider sending me a pm on your journey of game support, how you got into freelancing, and how to go about a job like that. Just want some advice from the pros! Thanks for any time you give to this post!
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Quote:

If you're not familiar with the podcast, the shout outs are basically a sponsorship of each segment of the show. Between episodes they post a half dozen ebay auctions and the winners get a one or two line 'shout out' before that segment. It can be anything from a 'Hi Mom!' to an advertisement for a game, game store, game group, trash talk etc...

The one that mentioned Summoner Wars was a congats to you and I want to say it was from someone named Greg, but I can't quite remember.

EDIT: Just checked, and yep the person was named Greg (from Brooklyn), occurs at 2:04:59 of the show.

-insert signature here-
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:55 AM

Briguy385 knows what's in an order marker Briguy385 knows what's in an order marker

Hi Guys,

Summoner Wars has been real hard to keep in stock! The buzz is great, the game is great. Congratulations all around Truth.

Cheers,
Brian

P.S. We do have some restocks, fresh off the truck
http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com/
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Quote:

If you're not familiar with the podcast, the shout outs are basically a sponsorship of each segment of the show. Between episodes they post a half dozen ebay auctions and the winners get a one or two line 'shout out' before that segment. It can be anything from a 'Hi Mom!' to an advertisement for a game, game store, game group, trash talk etc...

The one that mentioned Summoner Wars was a congats to you and I want to say it was from someone named Greg, but I can't quite remember.

EDIT: Just checked, and yep the person was named Greg (from Brooklyn), occurs at 2:04:59 of the show.
Thanks.
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy385 View Post
Hi Guys,

Summoner Wars has been real hard to keep in stock! The buzz is great, the game is great. Congratulations all around Truth.

Cheers,
Brian

P.S. We do have some restocks, fresh off the truck
http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com/

Hey thanks man! Glad it is selling well for you.
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I plan on getting my copies soon straight from you Truth, the game better be as good as the rule book!
Old January 13th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
I plan on getting my copies soon straight from you Truth, the game better be as good as the rule book!
It's better!! SuW is one of my favorite games!

Newb.
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:18 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
It's better. I love how the battles vary from side to side. There never seems to be an all out one sided domination.

Long live Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games