Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 16th, 2006, 11:49 AM

DJ Ducki has disabled reputation
A couple rulings

i've just had some thoughts of some rules come up that were kinda vague and my friends I play with are getting at me about them, so I just need to address them and see if you guys can gimme some good answers for em...

#1 Squad Attacks
When you have a squad of units, for example, the minions and they are all engaged with different units, for this example, Me-Burq-Sa, Dund and Krug. none of them are adjacent to each other so there's no possibility of any two minions attacking the same engaged figure. My question is : Can each of those minions attack their own respected engaged figure, or can you only attack one figure per turn?
(Friend has been saying you can only attack one figure a turn and once the target dies your attack is over)

#2 Mimring Flame
I had one situation where a friend had his base with a large hill area with a glyph on it and covered with trees, one such tree opening allowing him to attack with ranged figures. He brought Nilfheim over and ice sharded some samurai I had waiting down below. I brought in Mimring enough that I could see Nilfheim's huge figure, although there was a portion of the rock that is on the bigger tree in the way (or it was a tree, I don't remember) and Nilfheim was on the higher level. My question is : Does Mimring's fire line actually hit Nilfheim or does the rock (or tree) block the fire?

#3 Molten Lava
Quickie with this, do you roll immediately once you land in lava or is it at the end of the figure's set of 'move' and 'attack' aspects?

#4 Special Attacks and engagement
Just need to get this one off my chest before I go nuts. Say my friend has a Major Q9 and I have an Agent Carr duking it out from long range. In order to protect another unit I wanna bring in, I engage Q9 with Carr and move in my other unit behind Carr. There's no possible way in the current situation for Q9 to engage my other unit. Can Major Q9 use his Special Attack against my other unit, or is he limited with attacking Agent Carr?

Thanks for any help you can give me, I'll try and take some pictures and then post em when I get the chance to clear up any placement confusion.
Old June 16th, 2006, 11:57 AM

Gambit has disabled reputation
i dont have Q9 or lava, but i can answer your 1st two questions,

1. squads can attack each unit idividually uless stated otherwise.

2. as long as mingring can "see" part of nilfhiem you can hit him with fire line.

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:00 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart
3. Immediately.

4. Attacks must be to engaged figures even special ones.
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:06 PM

Brandonn has disabled reputation
Re: A couple rulings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squad Attacks
When you have a squad of units, for example, the minions and they are all engaged with different units, for this example, Me-Burq-Sa, Dund and Krug. none of them are adjacent to each other so there's no possibility of any two minions attacking the same engaged figure. My question is : Can each of those minions attack their own respected engaged figure, or can you only attack one figure per turn?
(Friend has been saying you can only attack one figure a turn and once the target dies your attack is over)
When using a squad, you must first move all the units. You can move each one any direction, they don't all have to move to the same area. Then each one may attack, in any order you choose, each figure can target any oppenet that is in their range and LOS. They do NOT have to attack the same figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimring Flame
I had one situation where a friend had his base with a large hill area with a glyph on it and covered with trees, one such tree opening allowing him to attack with ranged figures. He brought Nilfheim over and ice sharded some samurai I had waiting down below. I brought in Mimring enough that I could see Nilfheim's huge figure, although there was a portion of the rock that is on the bigger tree in the way (or it was a tree, I don't remember) and Nilfheim was on the higher level. My question is : Does Mimring's fire line actually hit Nilfheim or does the rock (or tree) block the fire?
I don't understand the situation, but I know Mimring dosen't need LOS for his fireline move to hit. but if any obstical was in the way like a tree would block it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molten Lava
Quickie with this, do you roll immediately once you land in lava or is it at the end of the figure's set of 'move' and 'attack' aspects?
When you land on lava (just like with water) you move turn ends, so no more moving, then you must roll for "Hot Lava Death!". I am unclear if you can attack afterward if you survive.

"When a [person] dies, his soul immediately departs. Getting it back into the body is a major hassle."
-Dungeons & Dragons, Player's Handbook
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:06 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Re: A couple rulings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Ducki
#1 Squad Attacks

#2 Mimring Flame

#3 Molten Lava

#4 Special Attacks and engagement
Just need to get this one off my chest before I go nuts. Say my friend has a Major Q9 and I have an Agent Carr duking it out from long range. In order to protect another unit I wanna bring in, I engage Q9 with Carr and move in my other unit behind Carr. There's no possible way in the current situation for Q9 to engage my other unit. Can Major Q9 use his Special Attack against my other unit, or is he limited with attacking Agent Carr?
Welcome to Heroscapers.com DJ Ducki!
Be sure to check out the FAQ for answers to rules questions.

#1. Your Minions can all attack.
#2. If Mimring has a line of site to any part of a figure, he can hit it with the fireline.
#3. Roll for Hot Lava Death as soon as the figure lands in the lava.
#4. Special attacks follow the same rules for engagement as normal attacks, so no, Major Q9 could not attack another unit at range if he is engaged.
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
1. Squads do not all have to attack the same figure. They must all move before anyone attacks, but they may each attack any figure to which they have range and LOS. Which is what Gambit just said.

2. Gambit has it right again - if Mimring can see him, Mimring can cook him.

3. On molten lava, you roll as soon as you enter the hex, even if it is not your turn (like you are thrown or summoned there). Lava field, on the other hand, occurs at the end of the round. Not turn. You roll one attack die for each figure standing on lava field, and a skull is a wound. This only happens once per round. That's important - I've seen people want to do it at the end of the turn, and that's too often.

4. Never mind the erroneous crap I typed the first time. Yeah, Q9 has to attack Carr.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:17 PM

DJ Ducki has disabled reputation
Thanks for the welcome and thanks everyone for the rulings.

@ Brandonn -
I need to get a picture of the situation, it'd make everything easier
Old June 16th, 2006, 01:32 PM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
Don't forget figures w/ Slither can move through multiple Molten Lava spaces on a single turn. They must roll for damage upon entering each Molten Lava space.
Old June 17th, 2006, 12:21 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by daevablacc
Don't forget figures w/ Slither can move through multiple Molten Lava spaces on a single turn. They must roll for damage upon entering each Molten Lava space.
Don't forget that no, they can't do this.

Slither is for water only. The little blurb about treating lava like water is not meant to be rules lawyered like this.
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:03 PM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
I thought you could use special attacks on figures you aren't engaged with.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanator
If it says ATTACK it has to be directed to the figure they are engaged with.

Any other special power that ISN'T an ATTACK can be used on any figure.
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:10 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanator
You can use special abilities with figures that you're not engaged with, but not attacks.
Example:
If Dan is engaged, he can use his Sharpshooter ability (the one that uses the d20) on any figure in range.
He can only use the Ullar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack (the one where he rolls one attack die) on the engaged figure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's