Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old March 26th, 2021, 10:52 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!
Gräbermund Public Playtesting

-Figure Photo
Spoiler Alert!

-text version of the card
Spoiler Alert!

-Rulings and Clarifications-

Suggested R&Cs:

Quote:
Q: How does Clamber work exactly?
A: Treat elevation increases of one or two tiles as flat terrain, except that both sides of Gräbermund's base must end on the same level. Elevation increases of three or more tiles must be treated normally.

Q: Can you roll for Swallow Whole even if the defending figure would receive enough wounds to be destroyed?
A: Yes.
Swallow Whole triggers after defense dice are rolled and before wounds are inflicted. If Swallow Whole triggers, the figure is destroyed before the wounds are inflicted.

Q: If Gräbermund attacks Isamu and he Vanishes, can Swallow Whole trigger even though Isamu doesn't roll defense?
A: No.
Swallow Whole requires the defending figure roll defense dice, and Vanish prevents defense dice from being rolled. Note, however, that units roll zero defense dice, such as Venoc Vipers, are still considered to have rolled defense dice, so Swallow Whole can affect them.

Q: If Gräbermund attacks a Deathreaver with a normal attack and succeeds at Swallow Whole, can the Deathreavers still use Scatter?
A: Yes. The Deathreaver still rolled defense dice.

Q: If Gräbermund attacks a Bloodburst Thrall and succeeds at Swallow Whole, does the Bloodburst Thrall rupture before it is swallowed?
A: No. Swallow Whole is part of the attack. If Swallow Whole occurs, no wounds are inflicted, instead the figure is destroyed.
-Combinations and Synergies-

Children of the Dark Star
Spoiler Alert!

Agga-Zemir
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by kevindola; April 1st, 2021 at 11:40 AM.
Old March 29th, 2021, 11:35 AM

Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker Zeldarck knows what's in an order marker
Re: Gräbermund Public Playtesting

Is it single or double based?
Old March 29th, 2021, 11:44 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
Is it single or double based?
double
Old April 1st, 2021, 11:08 AM

Vydar is the man rolls all skulls baby! Vydar is the man rolls all skulls baby! Vydar is the man rolls all skulls baby! Vydar is the man rolls all skulls baby! Vydar is the man rolls all skulls baby!

Can you add the text version of Agga-Zemir to the OP? I can't find it anywhere.
Old April 1st, 2021, 11:40 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Can you add the text version of Agga-Zemir to the OP? I can't find it anywhere.
Wish granted
Old May 3rd, 2021, 12:05 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Hexes

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Map - Map I'm developing for CovCon Contest (I can come back and link map when I submit it)

Glyphs: Defense +1 and Wannok

Army 1 (Flash_19): Grabermund, 4x Specters of Aldorn, Krav
Army 2 (@antmarchingroves ): 6x Amberhive Protectors, Sujoah, Isamu

R1: Lots of slow rolling with Specters and Bees. Bees take both glyphs and end up holding them pretty consistently for the rest of the game.

R2-R4: Specters and Bees have most of the OMs. Action starts about halfway through R2 with both sides playing fairly conservatively. Neither side is really establishing an edge - the added defense to the Bees made it harder for specters to kill, while the low attack bees and Sujoah staying back due to the threat of the specters mean specters aren't going down too quickly either. Finally, after lots of back and forth, the Krav see an OM at the end of R4. They luckily catch a couple bees with blanks (including one on Wannok).

R5: Full shift into Krav with about 5-6 specters left, though they aren't able to kill the bees with any consistency - bees are too far from Sujoah and can't get Special Attacks off to kill the krav, though one gets taken down halfway through the round. Krav only kill one or two bees the entire round.

R6: Krav fail to hit Sujoah and OM's switch to the last few specters who are able to kill some bees. Bees continue to try and pick off the last few specters, which are defending really well.

R7: Grabermund finally comes into play with only a couple specters left and one krav. There are still about 2 squads of bees and a 2 life sujoah. Grabermund manages to kill one bee.

R8: Grabermund attacks up on a single bee who mostly blocks everything with excess shields - the one time it didn't, Grabermund failed the swallow roll. Sujoah flies in to attack Grabermund and manages to put 2 wounds on him (he already had one from wannok). An attack down from a bee puts another 2 wounds on grabermund. Grabermund goes normal attack on Sujoah and blanks on the attack, and with the next OM, Sujoah and the bee on height finish off Grabermund with 4 wounds between the two of them.

R9: Bees clean up remaining specter and single krav.

Grabermund only rolled for swallow twice the whole game and failed both rolls. Between 3 special attack turns and 1 normal attack turn, he rolled about 12/28 skulls - just a little under average on attacks, but probably the biggest thing was the above average defense rolls on the bees preventing more swallow rolls.

All in all, Grabermund killed one single amberhive protector.

I was really disappointed with his showing this game - I figured a match against bees would be pretty favorable for him if I was able to take sujoah down with specters and krav, but that didn't happen. Grabermund went down extremely quickly to some good attacks/poison rolls. The powers feel right and thematic - and I think the Special Attack is designed very well - but at least as a standalone hero, he seemed pretty underwhelming. And that was against 3 defense figures (bees were boosted by defense). Just based off of that game, I wouldn't play him as a stand alone hero - you need the children of the star to reduce the defense of potential targets, and you need their potential for the d-20 reroll.

Figures remaining
7-8 Amberhive protectors
2-life Sujoah
Isamu

My Map Thread
Maps for Online HS
My Customs
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

Last edited by Flash_19; May 3rd, 2021 at 09:22 AM.
Old May 10th, 2021, 09:14 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

kinda funny seeing german names pop up. first the himmelskralle and now Gräbermund. not sure how i feel about the name. "mund" is mostly refered to the human mouth. a similar term "Maul" is commonly used for animals and i think it would fit better.
Old May 12th, 2021, 12:50 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Question answered: Swallow happens after defense dice and before wounds. Since the wounds have not hit Rygarn yet before he is swallowed, no jump roll.

What triggers first when he attacks Rygarn, swallow or Temporal Jump? The jump happens after defense dice are rolled.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old May 12th, 2021, 02:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Still figuring out the timing on this power. For now you can play that Temporal Jump nullifies swallow whole.

Old May 13th, 2021, 12:07 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Still figuring out the timing on this power. For now you can play that Temporal Jump nullifies swallow whole.
Sounds good! I like to save my rygarn (the thought is that he temporal jumps out of the stomach)!

Old May 27th, 2021, 02:00 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Quote:
Sounds good! I like to save my rygarn (the thought is that he temporal jumps out of the stomach)!
As currently worded, Swallow Whole prevents the use of Temporal Jump.
Old May 27th, 2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Quote:
As currently worded, Swallow Whole prevents the use of Temporal Jump.
Trying to work the order (lots of time spent on something that probably would not happen!).

Case 1: Grabermund attacks and rolls more skulls than Rygarn rolls shields, causing a wound on Rygarn (only way to trigger Temporal Jump). I think temporal jump roll would happen first since jump nullifies the wound (which would affect the swallow roll, and we cannot decide what to roll on the D20 until after we know the wounds). On a 15+, Rygarn escapes!!

Case 2: Grabermund attacks and does or does not roll a skull. Rygarn matches the roll with shields. No jump but Swallow can happen.

That is how I read it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting